Congress LinksJune 13, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
From the past coupe of days:
- Senators who oppose public option received top dollars from industry (McClatchy).
- McConnell’s open to the co-op plan Briefing Room).
- Ezra Klein interviews Rep. Woolsey on House progressive’s stance on health care reform (Ezra Klein).
- Anyone seen the missing public option? (Congress Matters).
- The House health care bill might add $600 billion in new taxes (Zero Hedge).
- More on pricing out health care reform (Senatus).
- Congress clears tobacco regulation bill for Obama to sign into law (Kaiser Health News).
- Why it’s politically impossible to ban menthol cigarettes, even if they are the most addictive (Big Money).
- Rep. Buyer: smoking lettuce is just as bad as smoking tobacco (Buzz Feed).
- Anti-tobacco or Pro-Phillip Morris (The Corner).
- Stimulus package could lose $50 billion to fraud (Dealbreaker).
- Did Sen. Durbin cash out based on insider info on the banks from Bernanke? (Hot Air).
- Next week’s House schedule (Steny Hoyer).
Have a link to share? Send it to us here.