Congress LinksJune 24, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Senate urges Obama to pardon the first black heavyweight champ (AP).
- Read the resolution (OpenCongress).
- Harry Reid gets the dubious honor of worst Daily Show guest ever (Glenn Thrush).
- Paulson will testify to Congress on how the BofA takeover of Merrill Lynch went down (Bloomberg).
- Ahead of Obama’s big immigration meeting Thursday, Schumer outlines the Senate’s immigration plans (WaPo).
- Finally, some progress made on the Howard Koh nomination (The Cable).
- Organizing for paper ballots (Democracy for New Mexico).
- OMB recommends veto of defense authorization if it contains F-22 money (Think Progress).
- Baucus regrets not considering a single-payer health care system (Matt Yglesias).
- Environmental groups now looking to the Senate for improving the climate bill (Grist).
- New poll shows tepid support for the House’s climate bill (WaPo
- CREW calls for an investigation of employment-related issues surrounding the Ensign affair (CREW).
- Sen. Kerry’s comment on Sanford: too bad Sarah Palin didn’t go missing instead (Boston Herald).
- S. 1318 – Axe the Stimulus Plaques Act (OpenCongress).
Have a link to share? Send it to us here.
P.S. In case you need some late night musical inspiration, here’s what I’m jamming to (Miles Davis at Montreux, 1973):