July 21, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Senate Judiciary sets a June 28 vote on Sotomayor (CQ).
- Republicans Senator Susan Collins says she’ll vote for Sotomayor (AP).
- Blue Dog Ross’s Conundrum: Should He Battle Health Bill That Could Benefit His Depressed Town? (Kaiser).
- Energy and Commerce Committee Blue Dogs say they had a “constructive” meeting with Obama (TPM DC).
- But the Energy and Commerce markup re-scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled, again (ABC).
- Dems at odds on how to turn tide on health care reform (The Hill).
- Internal RNC memo leaked: “Engage In Every Activity” To Slow Down Health Care Reform (Huffington Post).
- Members propose abortion ‘common ground’ (Politico).
- Under Wall Street pressure, Democrats punt on regulatory reform (Huffington Post).
- Speaker Pelosi hires one of Washington’s top lobbyists to be her policy director (Jonathan Allen).