July 27, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- The Senate Finance health care bill will not contain a public option or an employer mandate (AP).
- The politics of the Congressional Budget Office (Tapped).
- Dodd and Conrad were both told they were getting VIP treatment with their discount loans (AP).
- New House rules let Democrats move faster, avoid tough votes (CQ).
- Krugman skewers the Blue Dogs (a href=“http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/opinion/27krugman.html?_r=1”>NYTimes).
- Citing his paltry fundraising, Sen Bunning says he’s not running for re-election (Glenn Thrush).
- 2010 House outlooks: Democrats look secure (CQ).
- Senate action on repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” will happen this fall (Daily Beast).
- An important green-tech bill you might not know about (Earth2Tech).
- Growing opposition to the Performance Rights Act (Radio 2020).