August 19, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Tomorrow’s health care smears, today (Ezra Klein).
- Rep. Frank does a good job handling LaRouche supporter at town hall (Donklephant).
- McCain: maverick no more? (CQ).
- Are anonymous White House staffers in favor of Obama’s health plan? (OpenLeft).
- Reid spokesman: Congress will pass health bill ‘by any legislative means necessary’ (Blog Briefing Room).
- Steve Pearlstein: it’s time to give up on the public option (WaPo).
- Howard Dean: the public option is worth fighting for (Think Progress).
- Sen. Baucus: there were people in the crowd with YouTubes (HuffPo).
- White House, including Obama, convinced that Republicans will oppose health care reform no matter what (TPM).
- Tort reform unlikely to cut health care costs (Washington Independent).
- Gang of six have set their first August teleconference for tomorrow at 9 (Prescriptions Blog).