August 25, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Bernanke takes Capitol Hill, but not quite by storm (Dealbook).
- Krugman on the reappointment of Ben Bernanke (NYT).
- Which Bernanke? Whose Bubble? (Baseline Scenario).
- The rise of the 60-vote Senate (Monkey Cage).
- David Waldman on taking out the public option, but leaving the individual mandate (Daily Kos).
- Democratic Rep. Griffith says Nancy Pelosi is too divisive to be Speaker (Washington Whispers).
- Sen. Feingold on healthcare reform: “we’re heading in the direction of absolutely nothing.” (Ben Smith).
- Sen. Grassley on healthcare reform: deal may not be “possible” (Glenn Thrush).
- Cybersecurity legislation draft significantly altered (NextGov).
- Daschle: Shadow secretary and healthcare lobbyist? Sunlight Foundation).
- Comparing CBO’s and OMB’s projections of the budget deficit (CBO Director’s Blog).
- Rangel’s undisclosed assets (CQ Politics).
- First "gang-of-six senator says a Democrat-only healthcare bill is an option (TPMDC).
- Rep. King on Holder’s CIA invesyigation: “you wonder which side they’re on” (Hot Air).