September 30, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Rep. Grayson apologizes …to the dead (Open Left).
- Finance Committee blocks ID requirements for immigrant healthcare The Hill).
- Olympia Snowe may save her “trigger” amendment for the full Senate debate (TPM DC).
- Senators unveil new climate change bill (McClatchy).
- Following the defeat of the public option in the Finance Committee, the White House says they continue to support it, but are open to alternatives (Salon).
- Similar lines on the public option today from Senate Majority Leader Reid (Washington Independent).
- Sen. Harkin says Democrats have 60 votes in the Senate for the public option (Huffington Post).
- David Waldman answers your questions on the procedural elements of health care reform in the Senate going forward (Congress Matters).
- Lawmakers worry about losing influence over the internet under new deal (The Hill).
- GAO faults FEMA on nationwide alert system (NPR).
- Senate clears stop-gap bill to keep the government funded and operating (The Hill).
- What happens if Harry Reid doesn’t get re-elected? (Politico).