Health Care Reform Before The Holidays?December 18, 2009 - by David Moore
“Congress Links”, Friday edition ::
- The hottest Congressional “viral” video on the Web right now is a loaded exchange between Sens. Lieberman & Franken — what a world, right? Ezra Klein posts the clip everyone is watching & wowing over: WaPo.
- Memeorandum rounds up the analysis of the tête-à-tête (to what extent was it parliamentary efficiency vs. political signaling etc.?) — everyone from RedState to FireDogLake to The Awl, lots of buzz…
- The must-read Brian Beutler does the diligent journalistic legwork every day for us all in a gratifyingly readable & informative & accessible style: “No Room For Error If Senate To Pass Health Care Before Christmas” (TPM-DC).
- Former Sec. of Labor Robert Reich: Slouching Toward Health Care Reform (HuffPo). Ben Smith says SEIU President Andy Stern sez, “Pass the Bill” (Politico).
- “Senate invokes cloture on defense bill in wee hours of the morning” (The Hill). Bold, Politico’s write-up calls the vote “poisonous”.
- Sen. Feingold takes a strategic stand to advance the cause of health care reform (Politico).
- Paul Krugman: “Pass The Bill”. Reactions from Bill Kristol, Matt Yglesias, Hot Air, Think Progress, and many more bloggers & news outlets: Memeorandum.
- Ezra Klein tackles & articulates what Lieberman has done (PoliticalWire excerpt).
Follow along with OC’s uniquely-aggregated news & blog coverage from around the web on key Senators in the health care wrangling: Lieberman (I-CT), Nelson (D-NE), Snowe (R-ME), Reid (D-NV), McCain (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), view all.