Congress LinksJuly 8, 2010 - by Hilary Worden
A Senator marks himself as a “no” vote on Kagan, Obama makes two other recess appointments, and more.
- Senator John McCain [R-AZ] says he will vote against Elena Kagan. (CBS News)
- The Congressional Budget Office says Senator John Kerry’s [D-MA] energy bill would cut the deficit by $19 billion. (First Read)
- The financial reform bill that could become law when the Senate returns orders 68 studies. (CNN)
- Obama makes recess appointments for the Associate Director for National Security and International Affairs and the Director of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. (Senatus)
- Obama will soon submit three trade agreements (with South Korea, Panama, and Colombia) to Congress. Democrats are divided on all of them. (Hindustan Times)
- The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network warned gays not to answer a Pentagon survey on Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. (AP)
Photo via our appreciated data partners & the terrifically-user-friendly commercial news service Daylife.