Congress LinksAugust 25, 2010 - by Hilary Worden
Cap-and-trade is declared dead in the Senate, the debate on extending the Bush tax cuts continues, and more in today’s Congress Links.
- Sen. Mitch McConnell [R-KY] says the cap-and-trade legislation is dead (The Hill). Rep. Collin Peterson [D-MN] agrees (MinnPost).
- Sen. Max Baucus [D-MT] suggests he didn’t actually read the whole healthcare law. (Senatus)
- Vice President Joe Biden criticizes Republicans who want to extend the Bush tax cuts. (The Hill)
- At the request of Sen. Jim Webb [D-VA], the Senate Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing on Robert Gates’ proposal to close the Joint Forces Command in Virginia. (The Hill)
- House Minority Leader John Boehner [R-OH] says Obama’s economic team should be fired. (Politico)
- Rep. Charlie Rangel [D-NY] responds to Obama’s comment on him ending his career “with dignity”. (Associated Press)
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer [D-OR] says cutting the budget is necessary. (New York Times)
This post by OC Research Assistant Hilary Worden. Questions, comments? Hit us up : writeus [at] opencongress d00000t org. Surf along with our commercial micro-publishing account. Photo via our data partners Daylife. More about our uniquely-aggregated data sources.