Congres LinksJune 11, 2007 - by Donny Shaw
- There is some interesting discussion taking place at The Open House Project about whether or not video taping committee work will actually increase transparency. Check it out here and here.
- In advance of a tight no-confidence in Alberto Gonzales vote, DailyKos has put up an outline of some past critical statements from GOP senators. For the no-confidence bill to pass, about 10 Republicans would have to defelect from their party and vote for the bill.
- “The doctor overseeing Sen. ”http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/300058_tim_johnson">Tim Johnson’s recovery from a brain hemorrhage said he expects the ailing Democrat to resume his duties in the Senate." – the AP
- Cheney Impeachment bill gets its seventh co-sponsor. More from AfterDowningStreet. Learn more about the bill here.
- “Republicans this week are prepared to use parliamentary procedures in a coordinated attack to try and thwart changes in the way the House adds earmarks to appropriations bills, according to GOP sources.” – more from The Hill
- “Keeping momentum on ethics reforms is proving tough for House Democratic leaders, who are struggling to sell lawmakers on a proposal for overhauling House ethics enforcement, which is part of the party’s pledge to improve accountability in Congress.” – the Washington Post
Follow the links for the complete articles.