Congress LinksMay 8, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Arlen Specter using a cancer research site to raise campaign cash?
- There’s a movement in Congress to bring back seller-funded down payment mortgage assistance (H.R. 600).
- Claims that Nancy Pelosi has known about waterboarding since 2002 may be inaccurate.
- POGO on Tuesday’s hearing with the inspectors generals tasked with overseeing the bailout.
- Watch Federal Reserve transparency get watered down.
- Congressional Democrats are fighting Obama’s budget cuts.
- Congress may be working on all kinds of financial and regulatory legislation, but in the blogs, people are mostly focused on the hate crimes bill.
- Sen. Ben Nelson [D, NE], one of the key “moderates” in the Senate, does not see himself supporting any kind of Employee Free Choice Act compromise this year.
- Senators are considering three distinct options for a government healthcare plan.
- Obama admin wants the Fed to be the new systemic risk super regulator. The popularity of H.R. 1207 suggests to me that there will be some serious opposition to this from Congress.
- Epic Paul Blumenthal post on fundamental questions of lobbying disclosure.
- Sen. Jon Kyl [R, AZ] warms against firing CEOs at banks that have needed “exceptional” assistance from the government to stay “alive.”
Have a link to share? Send it to us here.