H.R.4603 - Pandemic and Seasonal Influenza Act of 2005
To amend the Public Health Service Act with respect to pandemic influenza, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Pandemic and Seasonal Influenza Act of 2005 as introduced.
- Official: To amend the Public Health Service Act with respect to pandemic influenza, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 6
- All-Time: 614
Official Summary12/16/2005--Introduced.Pandemic and Seasonal Influenza Act of 2005 - Amends the Public Health Service Act to authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services (the Secretary) to issue a pandemic influenza declaration putting into effect provisions relating to government liability and co
Pandemic and Seasonal Influenza Act of 2005 - Amends the Public Health Service Act to authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services (the Secretary) to issue a pandemic influenza declaration putting into effect provisions relating to government liability and compensation for injuries with respect to specified countermeasures. Requires the Secretary to establish a compensation program for countermeasure-related injuries or deaths. Establishes the Pandemic Influenza Countermeasure Injury Compensation Fund. Establishes the liability of the United States for claims arising out of the administration of a covered countermeasure by a qualified person during the period of such declaration.
Requires states to have an approved state pandemic influenza preparedness plan as a condition of receiving certain bioterrorism funds.
Requires the Secretary to:
(1) provide for the purchase of excess stocks of influenza vaccine;
(2) establish minimum thresholds for state pandemic influenza surveillance;
(3) procure antivirals, vaccines, essential medication, and other supplies related to a pandemic influenza for the Strategic National Stockpile; and
(4) develop a national system for tracking and distributing antiviral medications and vaccines.
Establishes a Global Network for Avian Influenza Surveillance.
(1) the development of an influenza public education campaign;
(2) the expansion and intensification of influenza research; and
(3) the development of best practices and social science research.
Requires the Secretary of Labor and the Secretary to develop workplace standards to protect health care workers and first responders from workplace exposure to pandemic influenza. Authorizes the Secretary of State to provide assistance to foreign countries to combat the avian influenza virus.
Requires the Secretary of State to:
(1) designate a coordinator of U.S. assistance to combat the avian influenza virus; and
(2) develop country strategies to prevent, mitigate, and respond to outbreaks in designated high-risk countries.
Requires the Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to establish an early warning system to prevent, mitigate, and respond to outbreaks of the avian influenza virus in foreign countries.
...Read the Rest