S.1074 - Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act
A bill to improve the health of Americans and reduce health care costs by reorienting the Nation's health care system toward prevention, wellness, and self care. view all titles (5)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act as introduced.
- Short: HeLP America Act as introduced.
- Short: Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act as introduced.
- Short: Healthy Workforce Act of 2005 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to improve the health of Americans and reduce health care costs by reorienting the Nation's health care system toward prevention, wellness, and self care. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 9
- All-Time: 692
Official Summary5/18/2005--Introduced.Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act or the HeLP America Act - Sets forth provisions for the establishment of, and incentives for, wellness programs.Provides for: (1) healthy school nutrition environment incentive grants; (2) school mental health program gran
Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention America Act or the HeLP America Act - Sets forth provisions for the establishment of, and incentives for, wellness programs.
(1) healthy school nutrition environment incentive grants;
(2) school mental health program grants;
(3) the establishment of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative to certify a hospital as a baby friendly hospital/center for breastfeeding excellence; and
(4) programs for children at risk for emotional or behavioral problems due to family distress.
Healthy Workforce Act of 2005 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to:
(1) allow a wellness program credit for employers; and
(2) exclude from an employee's income the fees paid by an employer to an athletic or fitness facility on the employee's behalf.
Provides for grants to promote individual and community health, prevent the incidence of chronic disease, and implement Living Well With a Disability Programs.
Requires the Secretary of Transportation to:
(1) develop enhanced standards for the design of roads and intersection controls to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety; and
(2) double the percentage of trips made by foot or bicycle while simultaneously reducing crashes involving bicyclists and pedestrians by 10 percent.
Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) to implement public health monitoring measures to address mental and behavioral health needs. Amends the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 to require employers to provide lactation periods and lactation facilities to permit employees to breastfeed eligible children. Applies such requirements to the federal civil service.
Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act - Amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to require the Secretary to:
(1) regulate tobacco products (through the Food and Drug Administration); and
(2) establish the Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee. Sets forth tobacco product standards and registration, recordkeeping, reporting, manufacturer and importer user fee, labeling, advertising, and marketing requirements.
Requires vending machines and certain restaurants to provide nutritional information about each food offered, including the number of calories.
Restores the ability of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to restrict the marketing or advertising of foods to children.
Deems infant formula to be misbranded if it does not contain a statement regarding the nutritional superiority of breast milk.
Requires the Secretary to impose penalties on the tobacco industry for failure to achieve specified goals to reduce youth smoking.
Amends the Social Security Act to provide coverage for certain counseling and screening services. Requires the Secretary to encourage a State program to utilize school-based health centers to deliver primary care to children eligible for federal medical assistance.
Establishes the HeLP (Healthy Lifestyles and Prevention) America Trust Fund to fund smoking cessation efforts and other efforts required by this Act.
...Read the Rest