S.1580 - Healthcare Equality and Accountability Act
A bill to improve the health of minority individuals. view all titles (4)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Healthcare Equality and Accountability Act as introduced.
- Short: FamilyCare Act of 2005 as introduced.
- Short: Minority Health and Genomics Act of 2005 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to improve the health of minority individuals. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 1
- All-Time: 522
Official Summary7/29/2005--Introduced.Healthcare Equality and Accountability Act - FamilyCare Act of 2005 - Renames title XXI (State Children's Health Insurance Program) (SCHIP) of the Social Security Act as the FamilyCare Program and extends coverage to certain low-income adults. Establishes the Nat
Healthcare Equality and Accountability Act - FamilyCare Act of 2005 - Renames title XXI (State Children's Health Insurance Program) (SCHIP) of the Social Security Act as the FamilyCare Program and extends coverage to certain low-income adults. Establishes the National Commission for Expanded Access to Health Care.
Amends the Public Health Service Act to provide limited English proficient individuals with improved access to health care, including by establishing the Center for Cultural and Linguistic Competence in Healthcare.
Provides for activities regarding:
(1) health workforce diversity;
(2) disparities in health and health care experienced by indigenous, racial, and ethnic minorities; and
(3) data collection, analysis, and reporting by race, ethnicity, and primary language.
Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish:
(1) the Office of Health Disparities within the Office of Civil Rights to prevent discrimination in federal programs; and
(2) the Office of Minority Affairs within the Office of the Commissioner of Food and Drugs. Restablishes the Indian Health Service as an agency of the Public Health Service to be administered by an Assistant Secretary of Indian Health.
Minority Health and Genomics Act of 2005 - Establishes the Minority Health and Genomics Commission to study issues relating to genomics research as applied to minority groups.
Establishes the Interagency Working Group on Environmental Justice and the Federal Environmental Justice Advisory Committee.
Sets forth programs designed to improve the quality of and access to health care for minorities, including by establishing the Health Safety Net Infrastructure Trust Fund.
Requires the Secretary to establish:
(1) the Annie Dodge Wauneka and Susan Laflesche-Picotte Native American Health and Wellness Foundation; and
(2) a Joint Working Group on Telehealth.
Authorizes integrative eldercare, American Indian and Alaska Native, and oral health telehealth demonstration projects.
...Read the Rest