S.1801 - Community Partnership to End Homelessness Act of 2005
A bill to amend the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act to reauthorize the Act, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Community Partnership to End Homelessness Act of 2005 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to amend the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act to reauthorize the Act, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 1
- All-Time: 531
Official Summary9/29/2005--Introduced.Community Partnership to End Homelessness Act of 2005 - Amends the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (the Act) to state as the mission of the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness to develop and coordinate the implementation of a national strategy to
Community Partnership to End Homelessness Act of 2005 - Amends the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (the Act) to state as the mission of the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness to develop and coordinate the implementation of a national strategy to prevent and end homelessness while maximizing federal government contributions toward such end. Adds to the membership of such Council the Commissioner of Social Security, the U.S. Attorney General, and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Directs the Council to develop and submit to the President and Congress a national strategic plan to end homelessness.
Requires a collaborative applicant (a representative community homeless assistance planning body) to be established for a geographic area to lead a collaborative planning process to design and evaluate programs, policies, and practices to prevent and end homelessness. Requires:
(1) the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to make technical assistance available to collaborative applicants and other homelessness prevention project sponsors;
(2) an annual performance report from collaborative applicants to the Secretary; and
(3) secretarial monitoring of collaborative applicants.
Directs the Secretary to make grants to:
(1) state and local governments for assistance in providing specified homelessness services and activities; and
(2) collaborative applicants to carry out homeless assistance and prevention projects. Includes within the latter grants incentives to promote the creation of new permanent housing through either construction or acquisition and rehabilitation.
Directs the Secretary to promote:
(1) permanent housing development activities for homeless individuals with disabilities, homeless families that include a disabled individual, and non-disabled homeless families; and
(2) certain homelessness prevention activities.
Earmarks funds under the Act for renewing expiring contracts for permanent housing within the Homeless Assistance Grants Account.
...Read the Rest