S.2747 - Enhanced Energy Security Act of 2006
A bill to enhance energy efficiency and conserve oil and natural gas, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Enhanced Energy Security Act of 2006 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to enhance energy efficiency and conserve oil and natural gas, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 4
- All-Time: 548
Official Summary5/4/2006--Introduced.Enhanced Energy Security Act of 2006 - Directs the Secretary of Energy and other specified cabinet officials to promulgate regulations to implement a national oil savings plan.Amends the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to set forth federal fleet conservation require
Enhanced Energy Security Act of 2006 - Directs the Secretary of Energy and other specified cabinet officials to promulgate regulations to implement a national oil savings plan.
Amends the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to set forth federal fleet conservation requirements to achieve reduced petroleum consumption.
Provides assistance to states to:
(1) retire fuel-inefficient motor vehicles; and
(2) reduce school bus idling.
Directs the Secretary of Energy to:
(1) conduct a program of research, development, demonstration, and commercial application for electric drive transportation technology; and
(2) establish a research and development program for lightweight materials research and vehicle weight reduction.
Amends the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to:
(1) provide loan guarantees for fuel-efficient automobile manufacturers and suppliers; and
(2) require that the federal government consume specified amounts of renewable energy.
Establishes the Alternative Fueling Infrastructure Trust Fund.
Directs the Secretary to:
(1) deploy new technologies to reduce oil use in transportation, including fuel from cellulosic biomass;
(2) competitively award financial incentives for the manufacture of high-efficiency consumer products; and
(3) conduct a national media campaign to decrease oil and natural gas consumption.
Amends the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to:
(1) set forth a federal renewable portfolio standard; and
(2) require state regulatory authorities to implement energy efficiency resource programs that include electric utilities and gas utilities.
Amends the National Energy Conservation Policy Act to authorize a federal agency to:
(1) enter into a separate contract for energy services and conservation measures; and
(2) provide the financing necessary to implement such contract.
Amends the Small Business Act to authorize the Administrator of the Small Business Administration to make disaster relief loans to small business concerns for substantial economic injury incurred because of a significant increase in heating oil prices.
Amends the Energy Conservation and Production Act to direct the Secretary to establish, within the Weatherization Assistance Program, a program to assist in the replacement of unsafe or highly inefficient heating and cooling units in low-income households.
...Read the Rest