S.408 - Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act
A bill to provide for programs and activities with respect to the prevention of underage drinking. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act as introduced.
- Short: STOP Underage Drinking Act as introduced.
- Official: A bill to provide for programs and activities with respect to the prevention of underage drinking. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 673
Official Summary2/16/2005--Introduced.Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act or STOP Underage Drinking Act - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to: (1) establish an interagency coordinating committee to guide policy and program development across the Federal Government on underag
Sober Truth on Preventing Underage Drinking Act or STOP Underage Drinking Act - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to:
(1) establish an interagency coordinating committee to guide policy and program development across the Federal Government on underage drinking;
(2) issue an annual report card to rate the performance of each State in enacting, enforcing, and creating laws, regulations, and programs to prevent or reduce underage drinking;
(3) develop a set of outcome measures to prepare report cards, including the strictness of the minimum drinking age laws and the number of compliance checks conducted;
(4) fund and oversee the Ad Council's national adult-oriented media public service campaign;
(5) award grants to reduce the rate of underage alcohol use and binge drinking among students at institutions of higher education; and
(6) collect data on, and conduct or support research on, underage drinking, including the impact alcohol use and abuse has upon adolescent brain development, the scope of the underage drinking problem, and progress in preventing and treating underage drinking.
Requires the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy to award grants to design, test, evaluate, and disseminate strategies to maximize the effectiveness of community-wide approaches to preventing and reducing underage drinking.
Requires the Secretary to carry out activities toward the objectives of:
(1) testing every unnatural death of persons ages 12 to 20 for alcohol involvement;
(2) obtaining new epidemiological data that identifies alcohol use and attitudes about alcohol use during pre- and early adolescence; and
(3) developing or identifying successful clinical treatment for youth with alcohol problems.
...Read the Rest