S.732 - Surface Transportation Programs bill
A bill to authorize funds to Federal aid highways, highway safety programs, and transit programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)
All Bill Titles
- Popular: Surface Transportation Programs bill.
- Short: Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2005 as introduced.
- Short: Sport Fishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act as introduced.
- Official: A bill to authorize funds to Federal aid highways, highway safety programs, and transit programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 4
- All-Time: 715
Official Summary4/6/2005--Introduced.Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act (SAFETEA) of 2005 - Reauthorizes the Federal-aid surface transportation program through FY 2009. Reauthorizes appropriations from the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) through FY 2009 for: (1) specified Federa
Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act (SAFETEA) of 2005 - Reauthorizes the Federal-aid surface transportation program through FY 2009. Reauthorizes appropriations from the Highway Trust Fund (HTF) through FY 2009 for:
(1) specified Federal-aid highway programs;
(2) administrative expenses of the Federal Highway Administration; and
(3) surface transportation research.
Amends Federal highway law to establish the Equity bonus program to ensure that States receive a minimum 92 percent rate of return on the portion of excise fuel taxes it sends to the HTF with respect to the allocation of Federal funds to such States for specified highway projects.
Directs the Secretary of Transportation to establish:
(1) an infrastructure performance and maintenance program;
(2) a freight transportation gateways program;
(3) a uniform system to service Federal credit instruments;
(4) a National Commission on Future Revenue Sources to Support the HTF and Finance the Needs of the Surface Transportation System;
(5) a highway safety improvement program;
(6) a safe routes to school program;
(7) a surface transportation project delivery pilot program;
(8) a planning capacity building initiative;
(9) a highway stormwater discharge mitigation program;
(10) a transportation systems management and operations program;
(11) a real-time system management information program;
(12) a multistate corridor program;
(13) a border planning, operations, technology, and capacity improvement program;
(14) a Puerto Rico highway program;
(15) a transportation and community and system preservation program;
(16) a commercial truck parking pilot program (including an interstate oasis program);
(17) a Delta Region transportation development program;
(18) a multistate international corridor development program;
(19) centers for surface transportation excellence; and
(20) an intelligent transportation system research and technical assistance program.
Provides set-asides for FY 2005 through 2009 for interstate discretionary projects.
Establishes a Surface Transportation Research Technology Advisory Committee. Requires the National Research Council to establish a new strategic highway research program.
Authorizes the Secretary to provide grants to nonprofit institutions of higher learning to establish university transportation centers.
Directs the Secretary to continue the deployment of the Transportation Analysis Simulation System (TRANSIMS).
Sport Fishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act - Amends the Federal Aid in Sport Fish Restoration Act to provide for distribution of FY 2004 through 2009 appropriations, including those for the multistate conservation grant program.
Amends the Solid Waste Disposal Act to direct the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and each agency head to implement fully all procurement requirements and incentives, including Federal procurement guidelines, that provide for the use of cement and concrete incorporating recovered mineral component in cement or concrete projects.
...Read the Rest