H.R.1945 - Energy For Our Future Act
To improve the energy efficiency of the United States. view all titles (5)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Energy For Our Future Act as introduced.
- Short: SUN Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Official: To improve the energy efficiency of the United States. as introduced.
- Short: Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: Solar Utilization Now Demonstration Act of 2007 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 4,906
Official Summary4/19/2007--Introduced.Energy For Our Future Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to: (1) repeal the limitation on the number of new qualified hybrid and advanced lean-burn technology vehicles eligible for the credit; (2) provide tax credits for manufacturers of fuel efficient motor vehic
Energy For Our Future Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) repeal the limitation on the number of new qualified hybrid and advanced lean-burn technology vehicles eligible for the credit;
(2) provide tax credits for manufacturers of fuel efficient motor vehicles; and
(3) subject sports utility vehicles (SUVs) to the limitation on the depreciation of certain luxury automobiles. Sets forth a grant program for development of transit-oriented development corridors in urban areas.
Amends federal transportation law to:
(1) revise phased increases in automobile fuel economy standards;
(2) set forth a national passenger car and light truck tire efficiency program; and
(3) prescribe heavy duty vehicle fuel economy requirements.
Amends the Energy Conservation and Production Act to double the appropriations authorized for weatherization assistance.
Authorizes appropriations for the Energy Star program. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to extend the tax credits for:
(1) renewable electricity production; and
(2) residential energy efficient property. Amends the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 regarding:
(1) efficiency resource standards for retail electricity and natural gas suppliers;
(2) federal renewable portfolio standards; and
(3) a revised net metering standard.
Amends the Internal Revenue Code regarding:
(1) tax credits for qualified energy efficiency expenditures for non-business property and for residential property;
(2) modified tax deductions for energy efficient commercial buildings and low-rise buildings;
(3) the tax deduction for energy efficient residential property; and
(4) an energy savings certification credit. Amends the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to repeal certain provisions related to oil and gas production, resources, and tax incentives. Amends the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to repeal the Alaska Offshore Royalty suspension.
Amends the Energy Policy and Conservation Act to declare certain preemptions of state law inapplicable to state regulation of energy consumption or water use of specified products.
Amends the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 to restore the former procedure for appeals from consistency determinations revised by the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
Amends the Federal Power Act to repeal specified provisions governing the siting of interstate electric transmission facilities.
Amends the Natural Gas Act to rescind the authority of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to coordinate federal permits and other authorizations and compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.
Amends federal transportation law to repeal the preemption of state law relating to automobile fuel economy standards. Instructs the Secretary of Energy to implement a research and development program targeting advanced technologies, including:
(2) hydrogen storage;
(3) solar photovoltaic; and
(4) wind energy. Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Act of 2007 - Instructs the Secretary to establish:
(1) a research and development program targeting technologies for the development of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and electric drive transportation; and
(2) establish a competitive grant pilot demonstration program for governmental and public entities to implement plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Solar Utilization Now Demonstration Act of 2007, or the SUN Act of 2007 - Instructs the Secretary to establish a grants program for states to demonstrate advanced photovoltaic technology.
...Read the Rest