H.R.2768 - S-MINER Act
To establish improved mandatory standards to protect miners during emergencies, and for other purposes. view all titles (7)
All Bill Titles
- Short: S-MINER Act as introduced.
- Short: Supplemental Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: S-MINER Act as reported to house.
- Short: Supplemental Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2007 as passed house.
- Short: Supplemental Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2007 as reported to house.
- Short: S-MINER Act as passed house.
- Official: To establish improved mandatory standards to protect miners during emergencies, and for other purposes. as introduced.
|Latest Amendment||Status||Purpose View All Amendments |
|H.Amdt 922||Fail||An amendment in the nature of a substitute numbered 4 printed in House Report 110-508 to promote the continued robust implementa tion of the 2006 MINER Act, increases worker safety by providing miners the opportunity to have a voice in mine safety, expands substance abuse programs to all mines to ensure safe working conditions for all miners, and addresses issues raised by the recent Crandall Canyon disaster.|
|H.Amdt 921||Pass||An amendment numbered 3 printed in House Report 110-508 to offer relief to mine operators that have been assessed penalties and pa y them in a timely fashion. It also establishes a trust fund within Treasury, composed of mine safety civil penalties. Funds from the trust fund can be used for mine safety inspections and investigations only.|
|H.Amdt 920||Pass||An amendment numbered 2 printed in House Report 110-508 to authorize $10,000,000 to award grants to provide rehabilitation service s to current and former miners suffering from mental health impairments, including drug addiction and substance abuse issues, which may have been caused or exacerbated by their work as miners.|
|Latest Actions View All Actions |
|Jan 22, 2008||Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.|
|Jan 16, 2008||The Clerk was authorized to correct section numbers, punctuation, and cross references, and to make other necessary technical and conforming corrections in the engrossment of H.R. 2768.|
|Jan 16, 2008||On passage Passed by the Yeas and Nays: 214 - 199 (Roll no. 10).|