H.R.3118 - To promote the production and use of ethanol.view all titles (1)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To promote the production and use of ethanol. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 29
- All-Time: 2,163
Official Summary7/19/2007--Introduced.Amends the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act to prohibit a franchisor from restricting a franchisee from: (1) installing on the marketing premises a renewable fuel pump or tank; (2) converting an existing tank or pump for renewable fuel use; (3) advertising the sale o
Amends the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act to prohibit a franchisor from restricting a franchisee from:
(1) installing on the marketing premises a renewable fuel pump or tank;
(2) converting an existing tank or pump for renewable fuel use;
(3) advertising the sale of renewable fuel;
(4) selling renewable fuel;
(5) purchasing renewable fuel from sources other than the franchisor if the franchisor does not offer its own renewable fuel for sale by the franchisee;
(6) listing renewable fuel availability or prices; or
(7) allowing for payment of renewable fuel with a credit card. Allows such franchisee activities so long as they do not constitute willful adulteration, mislabeling, or misbranding of motor fuels or other trademark violations.
Instructs the Secretary of Energy to establish a grants program for universities to demonstrate supplementing corn as an ethanol feedstock with sweet sorghum.
Amends the Clean Air Act and the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to provide for loan guarantees for closed loop ethanol commercial demonstration projects.
Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) increase and extend the alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit;
(2) make refueling property that uses diesel fuel composed of 20% of biodiesel and renewable biodiesel eligible for the income tax deduction for clean-fuel vehicles and certain refueling property; and
(3) increase the credit amount for research relating to alternative and renewable energy processes.
...Read the Rest