The easiest way to email your members of CongressDonate Now
H.R.3611 - Bringing Success to Scale Act
To establish the Bringing Success to Scale program in the Department of Education.
Loading Bill Text
Rollover any line of text to comment and/or link to it.
September 20, 2007
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
SEC. 2. BRINGING SUCCESS TO SCALE PROGRAM.
(a) Academic Achievement Awards Program- The Secretary is authorized to establish a Bringing Success to Scale program for making academic achievement awards that recognize local educational agencies and schools that meet the requirements described in subsection (b). The Bringing Success to Scale program shall--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(1) award grants that designate and reward as Distinguished School Districts such local educational agencies that have made the greatest gains in closing the achievement gap as described in subsection (b)(1), in order that such local educational agencies may serve as models for and provide support to other school districts;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(B) as Distinguished School Support Organizations, school management or support organizations, nonprofit organizations and human capital providers in order to allow them to work in partnerships with the private sector and philanthropic community in order to--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(3) have made significant improvement on other meaningful data such as graduation rates and increased recruitment and placement of high quality teachers and principals; andCommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(4) demonstrate that they have established partnerships with the private sector, which may include philanthropic organizations, and will provide matching funds in order to help bring results to scale.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(C) Increase in the quality of professional development including facilitating use of formative assessments and use of data to improve instruction and the implementation of these practices into classrooms.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(3) Demonstrate a clear strategy for taking the implications of their work to scale and a sound organizational and growth plan to expand the impact of the organization or program.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(D) supporting and training teachers to be more effective grade level and school leaders and to be more effective in identifying and meeting the specific needs of each child.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(4) Promoting more effective parent and community involvement in schools, which could include programs that systematically engage networks of parents to support student learning.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(C) supporting technical assistance and training which improves: principals' ability to manage change, teachers' ability to improve achievement, and district teams' ability to implement instructional reform at the school or network level.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(6) Supporting nonprofit organizations or local educational agencies working with networks of schools with site-based decisionmaking authority, including supporting guidance, technical assistance, and training for implementing a site-based decisionmaking model and scaling up the best and proven practices from these schools across a school network.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(7) Supporting educational support organizations that provide high quality before school, after school, or in school academic, emotional, and behavioral supports that may include--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
Vote on This Bill
OC Blog Articles Related To This Bill
- Videos from Personal Democracy Forum Conference 2012 Jun 13, 2012
- With SOPA Shelved, Congress Readies its Next Attack on the Internet Feb 13, 2012
- Anti-Web Censorship Bill Protest from Our Perspective at OC Feb 08, 2012
- Supercommittee Failure and Stimulus Nov 22, 2011
- Supercommittee to Admit Failure Nov 21, 2011