H.R.5749 - Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008

To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (5)

• Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as reported to house.
  • Official: To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as passed house.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 9:28am

ALL OF THE AMENDMENTS HAVE TO BE 2/3 VOTE FOR ITTO BE AUTOMATIC…OR JUST UE? THATS WHERE I GET CONFUSED…IF UE PASSES AND OTHERS DON’T -THATS WHEN I GET CONFUSED ON HOW THEY’LL WORK THAT.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 9:57am

just got my last check wen. will i get the ue.

• UEinRI 05/30/2008 10:10am

I have kind of lost track, all three are tied together, but have seperate votes. All have passed the the house and senate, EXCEPT, for the house not passing the war funding portion with 2/3’s vote, plus I believe the Senate made some changes to the GI portion and the UI portion.

So bottom line the House needs to pass those portions they need to vote on with a 2/3rds vote, and that is where Bush thinks he has enough GOP support to get less that 2/3rds vote.

Can anyone confirm my understaanding?

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 11:48am

Everyone, we must call our House Reps today and all next week!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 12:16pm

You call…

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 12:19pm

i called my rep from pa today…spoke to an office staffer.
    he said they expect this to pass next week in the house with a “close-to” veto proof majority
    i hope so

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 12:25pm

What does a Office Staffer know??

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 12:28pm

I called my Rep and he told me to put my head between my legs and kiss the chance of an extension goodbye..

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 1:25pm

I seriously doubt a Rep would say that – and it passed with flying colors in the Senate – it will go thru again in the House easily. Keep calling the Reps and remind them we vote and will remember how they do on this!

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 1:30pm

Maybe he said and kiss my a$$ goodbye, I may have heard him wrong.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:24pm

Detroit: The Motor(showless) City?
    May30

Despite a plan to expand the Cobo Center by 120,000 square feet, it looks as though the North American International Auto Show’s days in Detroit could be numbered. The topic was brought up at this week’s Mackinac Policy Conference — a meeting of several of Michigan’s top businesspeople — but it looks as though the proposal has lost momentum.

Organizers of the Detroit show say they will push legislation “within 30 days,” but there is no guarantee for the approval of the plan, especially considering Michigan’s economic state.
    If the Cobo expansion is not approved, the show will likely take one of two directions. The first option is to sell the title “North American International Auto Show” to the Chicago show, according to The Detroit News. The Chicago show has gained popularity over the last few years and now outdraws the Detroit show by a fairly wide margin.
    The other option would be to take the NAIAS brand on the road, making stops at major shows like the Los Angeles Auto Show, Miami Auto Show, Chicago Auto Show and New York Auto Show. If organizers took the latter choice, the Detroit show would essentially become a smaller regional show.
    “We want to keep it here, but time has run out,” Joe Serra, senior co-chairman of the auto show and president of Serra Automotive in Grand Blanc, told The Detroit News. “It’s also time to do the right thing for the show, which means we have to look at alternatives.”
    Although it would be a sad day to see the Detroit show reduced to the level of a lesser regional show, it’s a pretty accurate reflection of the times. The city of Detroit goes as the Big Three go, and times are definitely rough.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:26pm

I think it is A REAL SHAME how we all hang out HERE and wonder how to pay bills while our LOYAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS are still vacationing.
    I am UE, I always paid my taxes on time and now I want them back, so I can make my car and mortgage payment and buy food! I hope I am not asking too much!

A REAL SHAME that your representatives are off until
    June 3. Who the heck ever approved the extended holiday?

I’ve said enough for one night, I’ll keep quiet an listen.

Quite Fed up in FL

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:28pm

I pay taxes in Michigan and we don’t need Cobo send the car show to CHICAGO.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:32pm

Who’s signing in and signing back out and in again as Anon so they can filter , wow how clever!! Dumb ass no wonder your boss unloaded your ass..

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:35pm

More Layoffs in Ohio

American Axle eliminates 200 workers
    Kraftmaid Cabinets eliminates 600 workers
    and the finale…FEDEX and DHL are combine operations in Wilmington, Oh the restructure will eliminate 6000 workers!

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:38pm

That would be me you insignificant troll

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:42pm

anon troll alert!

• memafranquist 05/30/2008 2:45pm

And Detroit announced today the Greektown Casino is filing chapter 11, but still going to build the new one. Dont figure!

Debbie (MI)

• memafranquist 05/30/2008 2:55pm

The news said tonight that cars parked on the road have had there gas tanks emptied. They advised to park in driveways and watch your cars.A local truck driver here has had his gas stolen out of his truck on two seperate times. Alot of stations here are making you pay for gas before you pump or pay by credit card at the pump, because of so many drive offs. My husbands company is thinking of putting everyone on 4 days ten hours to save on gas for the employees. As I am unemployeed I really do not go to far and walk and bike.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 3:06pm

I hate to say this but, I am seriously contemplating getting my conceled weapons license….A close friend of mine just got his.

I think thing are going to get “out of hand” in the next few years to come. We all may have top defend our personal liberties, if you catch my drift.

• memafranquist 05/30/2008 3:10pm
    Ya i get your drift. People are being pushed to do things that they would not do.
  • Anonymous 05/30/2008 3:12pm

Do you really think we have a few years before things get out of hand?

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 3:13pm

LOL SAD STATE OF OUR TIME!!!

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 3:15pm

I surely hope so because the suspense is killing me!

• memafranquist 05/30/2008 3:15pm

I think things are on there way, like i said yesterday. We have people driving around looking through everyones garbage, In my 20 plus years we have never seen that before. I felt so bad that they have to do that.

• Anonymous 05/30/2008 3:16pm

I am hoping we can keep things from getting out of hand. Reading the news these days can be frightening.