H.R.5749 - Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008

To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (5)

• Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as reported to house.
  • Official: To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as passed house.

• Anonymous 10/28/2008 7:20pm

oh ya, Weller sucks massive donkey chism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 10/29/2008 9:23pm

It’s good to see that somebody is out there, keeping their ear to the ground.
    I here the footsteps of , how much lower can the economy get?
    Brace yourselves this is only the calm before the storm.
    Actually, I have wrote in here back in last December and said the exact same thing, I am not Nostradamus, although even the general media cannot ignore it any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let U.S. all rise up and take our country back, before all of the other countries take it from U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats whats wrong with America now.
    NO FRIGGIN GONADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I offered my life up for this pitiful belief that we live “FREE, AND BRAVE”, here.
    I get sick to my stomach every time I think about the lives that were given in order that this anarchy should take over.
    Listen, and ad to this comment, thanks
    “My vegetable garden did well this year, I shall eat and not starve, a roof over my head also, keep well my beloved Americans.
    For there is still HOPE!!!!

• Moderated Comment

• padnose 11/06/2008 6:43am
    Question on UI Extensions. We live in California and My hubbys UI runs out in about 2 checks……. finding a job is ?? What does he need to do for an extension, will it just be automatic on his paperwork he has been getting every other week with a check or does he have to go and fill something out online again. I am such a wreck.

Thanks

• padnose 11/08/2008 2:43am

did this board die?

• Anonymous 11/11/2008 7:20pm

NOW THAT OBAMA IS PRESIDENT, THEN WHERE IS THE EXTENSION HELP, OR NEW WEB SITE FOR OVER 10 MILLION UNEMPLOYED AMERICAN WORKERS?
    WE GOT GOOD AND WORKED UP FOR A WHILE, AND IT PRODUCED RESULTS, A YEAR AGO TODAY I WAS OUT OF WORK AND DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR A JOB!!!
    AND NOW DESPERATELY WORKING A JOB THAT I AM OVER WORKED AND OVER QUALIFIED!!!!!
    WHERE IS THE NEW WEB SITE? I BETTER GOOGLE IT!! GOOD BY FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 11/16/2008 3:41am

I have a challenge for you! You can TYPE about it here.

COPY & PASTE <“http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-s2544/show
    navtab=comments&comment_sort=newest”>

Or you can TALK about it here.

COPY & PASTE <“http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-s2544/show
    navtab=comments&comment_sort=newest”>

Or You Can Do Something About It Here! Now! Today! Immediately!

COPY & PASTE >>> http://www.Incomeupgrader.com <<<

After review PLEASE RETURN AND REPLY TO:

>>> http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-s2544/show

navtab=comments&comment_sort=newest <<<

OR site >>> http://www.Incomeupgrader.com <<<

Your choice, .50 full or .50 empty.

• Anonymous 11/17/2008 3:52am

Has this page just died? I am still unemployed and need an extension again would rather work but not happening. Any news that Dem’s will go for an extension? I have emailed Obama and other state reps. No one is posting here is there another site for support? About to loose my home :(

• padnose 11/17/2008 5:04am

Everybody is over here now……. and yes another extension is in the works

• Anonymous 11/17/2008 7:54am

TY Padnose…………….Nice to know someone is listening.

• Anonymous 11/17/2008 7:55am

TY Padnose………….nice to know I am not in this alone

• padnose 11/17/2008 9:42am

Trust me you are not alone………

• Anonymous 11/23/2008 6:45am

I received a letter this summer stating that I qualify for the EUC. I did find employment through a staffing service before I needed the EUC. My assignment at the staffing agency has ended and they do not have anything else for me and I have yet to find another job. Will I still qualify for the EUC?

I called last week about EUC. I did not qualify to open a new claim, but was told that I did qualify for EUC. I called this morning to file my claim as I was told to, and it said I needed to talk to a representative. I don’t know what is going on. I was told that it was definite that I would be receiving the extention. I don’t know what I am going to do if I don’t. I am a nervous wreck. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Anonymous 11/23/2008 10:09am

Subj: 100.00 DOLLAR GUARANTEE

Hello, Roy here

This Is Your Opportunity To Start Your Own Home Based Business.

Start Now At No Cost To You FREE And Begin Making Money Within
    24 Hours, $100.00 Guarantee.

Read it Here C/P >>> HTTP://WWW.INCOMEUPGRADER.COM
    CHOOSE OPTION # .1

Monika St. John Company, Co-Founder Say’s Sign up and get started right now at no cost to you

Our “Quick Start” Training Guide is approximately 65 printed pages, but you’ll only need to read the

first 17 pages in order to start making money today.

An opportunity that comes once in a life time is an opportunity that you don’t want to miss.

This is a limited offer that ends Midnight Tomorrow.

>>> Sign-up now and reserve your position <<<

HTTP://WWW.INCOMEUPGRADER.COM
    CHOOSE OPTION # .1

You have never seen anything like this.

Here is what you get.

1. Free Sign-Up

2. Free Complete Training Manual

3. Free Business Start-Up

Last but not least

4. A $100.00 Guarantee To Begin Making Money Within 24 Hours

Monika St. John Company, Co-Founder Say’s If You follow our simple step – by – step " blueprint" and don’t make money within 24 hours, I’ll pay you $100.

Hurry this is a limited offer that ends at Midnight Tomorrow

HTTP://WWW.INCOMEUPGRADER.COM
    CHOOSE OPTION # .1

Roy E. M.

May Your Goals be Fulfilled.
    This has been a commercial email message
    brought to you by

roy@incomeupgrader.com
    Roy E. M.
    CA 95008, USA

• Anonymous 11/24/2008 2:38am

I see on the internet on Florida’s web site that another extension was signed and effective November 23 2008. My Unemployment ran out the 4th of this month so I am on the phone this AM trying to get thru to see if I have to start a new claim or if I can just pick up where I left off? Anyone else going thru this?

• Anonymous 11/24/2008 9:39pm

Looks like EUC has been extended and what’s even greater is that states with unemployment rates of 6% or more, compensation will be doubled. That’s 26 weeks or your full original qualifying amount. You’ll still recieve the same amount of payment each week. You will not be able to file for the EUC Extention benefits until November 30th. I can put off being homeless for a litte while longer. If anyone involved in the introduction and passing of this Act is reading this, I would just like to explain that you are all deeply in my debt and the debt of all the other 3.5 million people who will be needing this. God bless you and God bless America!

• Anonymous 11/24/2008 9:45pm

For the comment posted Nov. 24:

When you file for Emergency Unemployment(EUC) it’s like starting a whole new claim. You’ll get a new starting date. The amount you recieve will either be 13 weeks at the same weekly amount or half of your Maximum Benifit Amount for your benefits which just ran out. If you unlucky enough to be in a state with an unemployment rate of 6% or higher your amount will be doubled. If you haven’t already filed for Emergency Unemployment, you should be able to file for that ASAP. But if you’ve exhausted an EUC claim, you must wait until Nov. 30th to file for the EUC extention. Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Anonymous 11/25/2008 3:29am

YOUR INFO ON THE EUC DID HELP BUT I AM CONFUSED? SHOULD I GO ONLINE AND START A NEW CLAIM NOW OR WAIT TILL THE 30TH? MY EUC BENEFITS RAN OUT THE 4TH OF THIS MONTH.

• moonbeamluna1960 11/30/2008 1:19pm

MY DARLING SILLY BOY…

WE JUST CANT GO ON LIKE THIS…MY THOUGHTS HAVE BEEN WITH YOU FROM THE TIME I FIRST MET YOU ON HERE. THINKING MAYBE, JUST MAYBE YOU HAD FORSAKEN ME.. BUT I JUST READ ON THE OTHER PAGE, YOU HAVE SOUGHT ME OUT. MY FAMILY IS FINE THANK YOU, ALTHOUGH XMAS WILL BE DIFFICULT UNTIL WE GET THE EXTENSION. NO ONE IS HIRING AROUND HERE, AND SEVERAL LARGE PLANTS ARE CLOSING, DUE TO THE ECONOMY. HAVE VISITED STARBUCKS FACILITIES, AND THOUGHT JUST MAYBE I WOULD SEE YOU THERE, AS I SIT THERE DRINKING MY MOCHA LATTE WITH FOAM. PLEASE SAY YOU HAVENT GIVEN UP ON ME.. PLEASE SAY..YOU WILL MEET ME…FOR DRINK AT STARBUCKS…
    …THINKING OF YOU…….MOONPIE

• sadindependence 12/05/2008 4:34pm

I got a job 2 days before the extension passed. Got the letter, didn’t fill it out, because I started a new job Monday after the 4th of July. Now today I got laid off again. Do you think I am still eligible for the extension. My claim ran out June 2008. I am claiming in Kansas.

• Anonymous 12/20/2008 11:19am

Hello again I’m back,
    You may remember me by that phrase; I coined it for my .Org communications.
    I have not posted for a while although I have monitored the postings daily and I must say I am somewhat shocked, perplexed and confused. I say this because I am still reading the same complaints with the same questions about the same thing. Granted this forum is to inform you on unemployment bill status, but seriously, that dose not pay the bills.

Respectfully I will admit this will not help everyone here but I still implore you that can to investigate this opportunity fully. In other words STOP LOOSING YOUR HOMES AND WORRYING ABOUT BILLS UNTIL YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED EVERY OPTION! This is one option you have not considered.
    I posted this systematic money making free with instructions opportunity before but without explanations,
    Sorry about that.

This is an opportunity to start making twenty-five dollars or more per hour in a matter of hours, all you need to do is put as much time an effort in this free program as you do in reading and posting here. You will have instant access to your money through your free Pay Pal Account.

Please consider, there will probably be a multitude of negative remarks posted about this, I know because I have posted before and there was then and it may have influenced some of you not to try this offer with a guarantee to begin making money within twenty-four hours or receive One- hundred dollars by the Company Co-Founder.

Therefore, I am trying once more; think about earning twenty or more dollars per hour and having instant access to your money through your free Pay Pal account. You could possibly have hundreds of dollars to spend for the holidays or whatever you choose. ( 5 Days to shop)

Here is how I started for free, second posting.

1. 1 copy & paste http://www.incomeupgrader.com Free
    1. 2. Option # 1. Center of page for this offer, I suggest you read all no skimming it’s all-good. Free
    1. 3. Sign- up Free
    1. 4. Read qualifying instructions. Free
    1. 5. Some offers require money; I chose to open a free bank account, checking or savings. Free
    1. 6. Begin earning money. Free
    1. 7. Please come back and post so that others who remain skeptical will fill comfortable enough to begin
      Improving there lives also. Free The feeling of helping, Priceless joining in, Free.

I truly hope this helps some, if it dose you have my web site please stay in touch.
    I have so much more coming for the New Year.

Merry Christmas,
    Happy Holidays

Roy.

Anonymous 01/25/2009 7:39am

Your Post is considered SPAM promoting a website to direct traffic to your site so you can posture yourself for advertising dollars is Illegal
    Using quasi-legal justification in the guise of perporting to be here to help others is unacceptable. This forum is specifically for information regarding legislation pertaining to Unemployment bills being introduced in congress and their status, Go pay Google adwords to promote your site.Further posts to promote your site will result in a referal to N.I.C registration violations which will result in shutting down your website

• JHENRY 01/23/2009 10:59am

Why are there so many comments by Anonymous? Are you afraid to give at least your name?

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 8:30pm

Learn to spell “lose”

• Anonymous 02/25/2009 8:49pm

Amy Goodman and Colleagues arrested and released

Brutally and violently blooded by Police
    the video has been censored by illegally censored by you tube.

• _Anonymous_ 03/12/2009 5:46pm

This is my name, nobody can login anonymous anymore. Is there rule what name you want here to login with?