H.R.5749 - Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008

To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (5)

• Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as reported to house.
  • Official: To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as passed house.

• outoftime 06/04/2008 5:22pm

I guess some people here think it should be filtered since 3 already voted no on it. It seems directly related to the extension to me since those indicators are what they are using to say we don’t need an extension and they obviously have been changed over the years to not show reality. I like to know what these people feel is their justification to filter it.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:23pm

spoken like a camaflauged, undercover member acting as a troll!

• stubsnews 06/04/2008 5:24pm

That’s what I thought.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:24pm

Wonder twins power activate…..

form of……. an undercover member posing as a troll!

shape of……a giant undercover member posing as a troll!

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:25pm

Hey outoftime…I almost filtered it myself accidentally. We have an anonymous poster who posts huge irrelevant articles on this site frequently. I initially thought this was one of those. I’m glad I took a closer look. So others may have inadvertently filtered it.

stubsnews 06/04/2008 5:30pm

CaliDeb, I think outoftime is the troll.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:26pm

Sergeant Stubby (1916 or 1917 – March 16, 1926), was the most decorated war dog of World War I and the only dog to be promoted to sergeant through combat.Stubby was found on the Yale campus in 1917 by John Robert Conroy. It has not been confirmed, but, many experts believe he was the product of 150 years of inbreeding several unknown breeds; some sources speculated that he was part Boston Terrier and part Pit Bull, while other sources state that he was in fact a pure bred american pit bull terrier 1 while his obituary described him as a “Bull terrier” (which was at the time synonymous with “American Bull Terrier” and “Pit Bull terrier”).2 Stubby marched with Conroy and even learned an approximate salute. When Conroy’s unit shipped out to France, Stubby was smuggled aboard the USS Minnesota. Stubby served with the 102nd Infantry, 26th (Yankee) Division in the trenches in France for 18 months and participated in four offensives and 17 battles. He entered combat on February 5, 1918 at Chemin des Dames, north of Soissons, and was under constant fire, day and night for over a month. In April 1918, during a raid to take Schieprey, Stubby was wounded in the foreleg by the retreating Germans throwing hand grenades. He was sent to the rear for convalescence, and as he had done on the front was able to improve morale. When he recovered from his wounds, Stubby returned to the trenches. After being gassed himself, Stubby learned to warn his unit of poison gas attacks, located wounded soldiers in no man’s land, and — since he could hear the whine of incoming artillery shells before humans could — became very adept at letting his unit know when to duck for cover. He was even solely responsible for capturing a German spy in the Argonne. Following the retaking Château-Thierry by the US, the thankful women of the town made Stubby a chamois coat on which were pinned his many medals. There is also a legend that while in Paris with Corporal Conroy, Stubby saved a young girl from being hit by a car. At the end of the war, Conroy smuggled Stubby home. After returning home, Stubby became a celebrity and marched in, and normally led, many parades across the country. He met Presidents Woodrow Wilson, Calvin Coolidge, and Warren G Harding. He attended Georgetown University with Conroy, and became the Hoyas’ mascot. He would be given the football at halftime and would nudge the ball around the field to the amusement of the fans. Stubby was made a life member of the American Legion, the Red Cross, and the YMCA. In 1921, the Humane Education Society awarded him a special gold medal for service to his country

• outoftime 06/04/2008 5:28pm

I guess thats why they are trying to filter me too I guess?

• moonbeamluna1960 06/04/2008 5:29pm

I received this in my email, I called both numbers and both of them say their mailboxes are full~~

Act Now! Right away, please call both Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer’s office and leave a message saying, “The extension of unemployment benefits must be included in the war spending bill to be voted by the House of Representatives.” Please also call you Congressperson right away and say, “Please tell Speaker Nancy Pelosi you strongly support providing extended unemployment insurance benefits as part of the war spending bill to be voted on by the House of Representatives.” The toll-free number is 1-877-331-1223.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:30pm

Did you see the article about Texas businesses getting $400 refunds from the unemployment fund.?

• outoftime 06/04/2008 5:32pm

And exactly what posts of mine do you base that information Stubsnews?

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:33pm

Ya, I don’t know. Like I said before, everyone is welcome to participate on an adult level. There are those of us on this site that do not choose to be distracted by juvenile tactics such as comments of a sexual, racist or vulgar nature. Therefore we exercise our privilege to filter out unproductive and offensive commentary.

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:34pm

Just my personal opinion.

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:35pm

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.

• outoftime 06/04/2008 5:36pm

I guess there is a problem with this post?

by outoftime | Jun 04, 2008(about 1 hour ago) | Reply | Overall Rating: 5.0 |
    | 0 of 2 found useful.
    That is a very informative article. Thanks.

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:38pm

Could be that someone accidentally filtered it or possibly just a juvenile tactic from an anonymous poster.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:38pm

Troll is a tool.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:40pm

moon balemic 1960
    Just to clarify, I am a “senior member”. I am an unemployed troll, desperately trying to find a job. I am also working tirelessly to contact congress and speak up for the millions of unemployed who are suffering because I am the decider here during these very troubling times. As I come across pertinent articles on the net I post them here for all to see. I am always ready and available to filter your comments and help explain my legislative process to anyone who has difficulty understanding what is going on in congress. I’m am better and “senior” to anyone else on this site. The only comments I have ever filtered are those I don’t agree with that have no purpose on this comment board; mostly all of them that I do not post, along with the huge volumes of insensitive individuals continue to post on here.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:40pm

A tool for what?

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:41pm

an anon signed off member who mutated into a troll

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:43pm

how can you be a moon balemic?

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:43pm

Yes but who is this person? Anyone know who it is?

• moonbeamluna1960 06/04/2008 5:48pm

moon balemic 1960? How disappointing of you to call me names. I came into this room respectfully. Very disheartening as a woman to hear someone disrespecting my name. I will not return the favor.

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:48pm

yes it is the lates craze in sacramento

you eat tacos til all night and then you barf em up at midnight

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:50pm

at least its a catch slogan moon balemic

or wait I think that it maybe one of Frank Zappas kids?

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:51pm

Well I respect you moonbeamluna. I know what you mean though. Have you noticed all the sexual commentary aimed at me? Makes me feel like I’m being stalked. It’s really disrepectful.

• CaliDeb 06/04/2008 5:52pm

< disrespectful >

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:53pm

stop making fun of it I was a founding member of moon belemics anonymous class of 1957!

• moonbeamluna1960 06/04/2008 5:54pm

And i respect you as well calideb :)

• Anonymous 06/04/2008 5:55pm