H.R.5749 - Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008

To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (5)

• Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as reported to house.
  • Official: To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as passed house.

Anonymous 06/10/2008 2:30pm

Just wanted to share this as far as statistics are concerned. I am in South West Florida and have applied for (according to my records Fax and emails) well over 200 jobs since being laid off in January (the company did not have any work for me after the last three years construction project I was on on the Administrative side). I have had only 3 interviews since January, and I know I’m preaching to the choir when I say that its not for lack of trying to get placed back into the workforce. I had a “phone” interview with a Construction Company today looking for Office Manager/Bookkeeper and he told me that he had received 360 Resumes for this ONE position.
THAT IS CRAZY!! I must say I felt somewhat honored to be one of the chosen 8 he called to interview but that kind of ratio is Absurd. I know we are all in the same boat here, but want to remind all to keep your chins up and continue making those phone calls and make your voices heard….Frustrated in Florida

Debbie119 04/16/2008 2:52pm

To those of Congress or the Senate who might look for comments on this BILL, PLEASE look at S2544 and you will see ALL of the comments you need to see!

Anonymous 05/26/2008 2:17pm
in reply to Anonymous May 26, 2008 1:41pm

They are not blocked. You have the choice to read filtered comments by clicking on them. Unless of course, you have a problem with choice.

Moderated Comment

Anonymous 04/16/2008 2:02pm

The Ways and Means Committee today Passed this Bill – Now it’s up to the House to see this Bill gets Passed and for Mr. Bush to sign it into law and PASS IT!

Anonymous 07/20/2008 8:28pm

oops, typo, believe
Yippy Ya Hooooooooooo, I can pay the bills for 3 more months.

Anonymous 05/30/2008 2:26pm

I think it is A REAL SHAME how we all hang out HERE and wonder how to pay bills while our LOYAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS are still vacationing.
I am UE, I always paid my taxes on time and now I want them back, so I can make my car and mortgage payment and buy food! I hope I am not asking too much!

A REAL SHAME that your representatives are off until
June 3. Who the heck ever approved the extended holiday?

I’ve said enough for one night, I’ll keep quiet an listen.

Quite Fed up in FL

Anonymous 05/30/2008 11:48am

Everyone, we must call our House Reps today and all next week!!!!!!!

Anonymous 05/29/2008 8:22pm

The U/E extension will pass next week, believe me!!
Don’t worry, relief is on the way.

reddragon 04/21/2008 3:57pm

Food rationing caused by drastic reduction in the food supply. As so ordered by the friendly people of our government. Grow food for bio-fuels, to hell with the food supply they say. Henry Kissinger revealed their deliberate plan for food shortages years ago when he said, “If you control oil you will control whole continents, if you control food, you control the people”. Want proof? Go to http://www.rense.com/general77/bilf.htm

Anonymous 05/29/2008 8:42pm

The U/E extension will pass next week, believe me!!

LETS HOPE, BUT WHEN WILL IT TAKE EFFECT IS ANOTHER CONCERN?

Anonymous 06/02/2008 8:53am

Lets just stay positive, make all the calls ya can and send out faxes this week. This will all be over one way or another by the first of July.

dwightfrye 06/06/2008 12:35pm

like i said thought. wishful thinking. that would almost be like asking Congress to actually put in a full week of work

Anonymous 05/27/2008 8:04pm

Without a little worry – you may become complacent

Anonymous 05/29/2008 11:49am

You can e-mail any of them but usually out of your district they pay little or no attention

Moderated Comment

CaliDeb 06/06/2008 4:49pm

Congress has a self-imposed deadline of July 4th to get the war supplemental to Bush. We could be waiting all month folks.

dwightfrye 06/10/2008 1:39pm

have you checked on your local craigslist as well? it seems at least here in RI alot of people are posting ads on ours

Anonymous 05/25/2008 7:28pm

Thanks admin.

CaliDeb 05/25/2008 4:28pm

Hi RI…it seems this juvenile is also a stalker. I’m in the Sacramento area.

CaliDeb 05/25/2008 5:27pm

Each state may handle it differently yet I believe most states will proactively notify everyone who is eligible and advise them how to proceed in order to submit your claim.

Anonymous 06/05/2008 7:54pm

Well outotime, say your point.

Anonymous 05/23/2008 1:08pm

OK I just tried to email all of the Republican represatives in Michigan and if you are not in their district they will not accept your email. That is how ignorant they are. Their phones will be burning from me.

CaliDeb 06/05/2008 7:47pm

Ya, I was just checking that out myself. Weird.

Anonymous 05/25/2008 6:59pm

It only takes 5 thumbs down to dismiss the nonsense from the trollers playbook.

outoftime 06/05/2008 8:52am

Thoughts DO become things. That is why we have to believe change is possible and WILL happen. People have to wake up to how much power each one of us has to change things for the better. If you don’t know what is being hidden from you how can you change it?

Anonymous 06/05/2008 1:35pm

How can they just drop the unemployment extension? They blew that GI Bill way up, what the hell for?

Anonymous 06/05/2008 7:18am

Here is the contact information for msnbc.for anyone who wants to start hitting up the cable news channels viewerservices@msnbc.com
2. letters@msnbc.com
3. countdown@msnbc.com
4. KOlbermann@msnbc.com
5. dabrams@msnbc.com (Dan Abrams is now MSNBC’s general manager)"

Anonymous 06/08/2008 5:44pm

members sign off and return to the site as a non member to cause problems and make rude remarks just like that comment above

Anonymous 05/21/2008 3:36am

I live in Michigan and have been looking for work since July, 2007. My unemployment ran out in April 2008. I don’t even have money for the high gas prices to look for a job. I am on the verge of losing everything. Please pass this bill as soon as possible.