H.R.5749 - Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008

To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (5)

• Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as reported to house.
  • Official: To provide for a program of emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 as passed house.

outoftime 06/06/2008 5:43pm
in reply to Anonymous Jun 06, 2008 5:42pm

Agreed.

Anonymous 05/15/2008 5:39pm

Tehran, Iran
Tehran is the capital of Iran
Current Time Friday, May 16, 2008 at 7:07:09 AM

Hmmmm………

Anonymous 05/15/2008 5:29pm
in reply to Anonymous May 15, 2008 5:27pm

Ya, his lack of knowledge and his temper!!! Just wait for the one on one debates! No self control, whatsoever.

k6140002000 06/26/2008 7:18pm

ok…..blog is over go get some rest ppl…

angel4me 07/01/2008 7:39am

maybe we all should get jobs at the UE office since we know more then them and realize that this needs to be done quickly

angel4me 07/01/2008 7:36am

it would be nice if ALL the state updated their website to let us know they are at least working on it!

Moderated Comment

Moderated Comment

Moderated Comment

Moderated Comment

Anonymous 05/15/2008 11:11pm

I guess it’s just something for him to do. I am really disappointed when I come to this site and find all kinds of distasteful comments and links to information I am not interested in. I really wish we could stay focused on what most agree to come here to support.

Anonymous 05/21/2008 3:36am

I live in Michigan and have been looking for work since July, 2007. My unemployment ran out in April 2008. I don’t even have money for the high gas prices to look for a job. I am on the verge of losing everything. Please pass this bill as soon as possible.

outoftime 06/08/2008 5:27pm
in reply to Anonymous Jun 08, 2008 5:23pm

I am me. There is no masquerade and a couple votes doesn’t filter a post. Who are you then?

Anonymous 05/15/2008 5:57pm

As long as Republicans are in we can forget about taking care of the American people and even supporting the American troops.

UEinRI 05/28/2008 12:01pm

Poof, they are gone, that is great!

Moderated Comment

Moderated Comment

Moderated Comment

CaliDeb 06/08/2008 8:53am

This is outrageous “The department will have to close down a vital program that is getting potential insurgents off the streets and into jobs.” How about a little help at home to get the unemployed off the streets and into jobs?

Anonymous 04/24/2008 8:46am

I think the admin. which is The Sunlight Foundation [good people] are aware. The whole site has had many problems such as servers going down

outoftime 06/04/2008 3:03pm

Information from that report would be good to use in emails and phone calls because it shows the benefit of an extension for the whole country, not just us unemployed.

reddragon 04/19/2008 7:15pm

I know one thing, even Wal-Mart isnt hiring right now! Good people who have no job through no fault of their own cant afford to pay their utilities, buy gas, or even put food on the table!!! It is absolutely insane that we have to beg for passage of this bill! PASS THE GODDAMNED BILL!!!! We have had it up to here with these political games! WE NEED HELP NOW!!!! Not next month. NOW!!!

Anonymous 04/20/2008 3:20am

President Bush could not stop outsoucing that has been going on since 1997 and Our dollar is shrinking in value thats why the oil prices are sky rocketing, oil is priced in dollar value, to bad huh? Even our repairs on our air planes repairs are out sourced, 4,500.00 a year..

Patriots 04/18/2008 7:39pm

HERE IT IS , http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/pdf/110/ui.pdf

Anonymous 04/18/2008 9:16pm

What can I add to this that hasn’t already been said. Unemployment runs out in 2 weeks. We are drowning in bills. All our savings is gone. In a week or two we will be dragging the contents of our house out on to our front lawn for one massive yard sale. We lose our health insurance in 2 months. My husband is a diabetic, and both of our boys and myself suffer from asthma. Our youngest child has TS. None of us can go without medication. Since the lay off there has been times we have been hungry, and cold. Our oil will run out soon, so that will mean no hot water. We do everything we can to conserve and skrimp, from food to utilities. When I cross over the river between our two small towns there is a tent city on the rivers edge populated by the homeless, and now I wonder if our next address will be the rivers edge.

Patriots 04/19/2008 6:07pm

Anonymous 04/19/2008 6:22pm

It was suggested earlier to use Unemployment extension in posts, to have it move up on google search too. Hopefully make it easier to find this site when it’s typed in google search.
Don’t know, but I put it in. Maybe it will bring more people here that are needing the extension.

Moderated Comment

MBArry47 04/20/2008 6:28am

Is there any news of when this will come up for a vote again?

Anonymous 05/16/2008 9:58pm

Where do we stand with the Extensions , anyone have a serious answer. Are we looking at a Target bill again?