H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Moderated Comment

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:56pm

NOBAMA 08 – Keep the change

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:57pm

NOBAMA 08 – Keep the change

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 5:06pm

White House signaled it would accept an extension of unemployment benefits, but the speaker refused to allow the stimulus package to be broken up.

What was she thinking?

• Moderated Comment

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 5:54pm

Geraldo just made a point on his show about our stock market melt down. Could it be Russia or China is keeping the markets down to break our economy? Something to think about. I guess we’ll find out Monday. I pray that is not true!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 5:54pm

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 5:56pm

I didn’t hit this 3 times, the site did it!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 5:56pm

Geraldo just made a point on his show about our stock market melt down.

yeah GERALDO KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!!

lol give me a break

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:02pm

I know all you want is the extension , don’t much care why the stock market is now getting pulled down by China , ok get back on the subject of our 7 weeks of u/e I’m sorry..

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:05pm

We don’t want to know about any recession or even depression, just give me my extension, that’s gonna make my whole life easier and I can smoke my reefer and listen to my jams man!! get back on the subject..

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:14pm

I think we should all put our heads between our legs and kiss our asses GOODBYE, ole hells gonna break lose Monday,,,,,,,,,,,crash …….bang boom………

• Moderated Comment

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:43pm

My fellow u/e people on here-once again the repuuuuuuuuuuuuublicans deny us -remember in November it was McCain back in January who denied us benefits from the start with the warning that this will happen!!!

After the Senate approved the $700 billion bank bailout, the majority leader, Harry Reid, tried to persuade his colleagues to address another economic calamity before they left town for the long election recess. He urged them to extend unemployment benefits for 800,000 jobless Americans.

In the face of Republican opposition, the measure failed. Benefits start expiring this week. So much for Main Street.

joey

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:44pm

excuse me-this fall out of a recession will happen

joey

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:47pm

This site started out as a group of people with real problems and a common need to work toward getting the UI Extension passed. I’ve read some sad stories and know that most of us are together in our fear of not being able to feed our families, keept a roof over our heads, and pay our bills. We need help…a hopefully, a job. In the meantime, we all need UI to tide us over until that happens.

However, our site has deteriorated into something else….some people have drifted away from the original goal and are using it as a political platform; a place to post fictional distortions of the facts; nonsense; and rude comments. I will continue to call and write to the people who are in a position to help us but I will no longer read or participate in this site until it returns to its original goal. Until this happens, I have better ways to spend my time.

Anonymous 10/11/2008 7:25pm

uh, politics and getting the UE passed are intertwined. but there is too much irrelevant stuff here as well.

Anonymous 10/12/2008 7:51am

Spot on! Anyone reading this forum has got to get the feeling that perhaps the blamegamers on here are nothing more than folks thinking they are ENTITLED to a handout. The ignorance and immaturity does not serve any of us well.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 7:07pm

My prayers are answered.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 7:29pm

WOW do i gotta faaaarrt!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 7:36pm

Boo Hoo is it DOOMS DAY YET?

NOT…..Things will work out!

We just have to wait for the DO NOTHING CONGRESS to do nothing for a while longer, they want to try and sway the votes the way they want, in their favor.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 7:36pm

Extension of Unemployment Benefits needs to pass, whether it is part of the stimulus package or not.. it should have passed before the session ended as many are running out of Benefits.. We won’t see anything happening until Nov 4, over 800,000 are of the UE but are still not employed…UE stats in Ca are 7.7% and rising…

• Moderated Comment