H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:19pm

Maybe that’s what prompted her to call this meeting Monday? Who knows. (Oh, and by the way, the filter troll is back, I see)

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:23pm

VOTE PELOSI OUT!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:22pm

STOP blaming Pelosi! The Repugs are the ones blocking the extension. The Dems don’t have enough of a majority to override "W"’s veto. Blame “W” he’s the one who has shredded this country into this abyss.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:24pm

Google “unemployment suicides”. Too many articles to read!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:30pm

And to think Nancy Pelosi is the reason why we don’t have another EUI!
    Un-employment rate at 6.1 and rising and she messes it all up!!!
    TKS Nancy Pelosi!!!
    Going to tell my landlord ..Nancy Pelosi has his rent ..go get it from her!!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:38pm

Is she up for re-election this year?

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:39pm

Have Faith. God works in very mysterious ways. Maybe we’ll end up with 26 more weeks instead of 7/13. I’m saying MY prayers. Try it. Got nothing more to lose.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:42pm

From the NY Times 11/3/82:

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:45pm

Yeah ..and maybe
    I’ll be on the streets before they get around to it!!!!!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:52pm

we’ll see what kind of tune their singing when the dow drops another 500pts on tuesday

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:01pm

Why Tuesday ..Isn’t Wall Street open on Monday(Columbus Day)?

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:01pm

For those needing emotional support during this time, try looking for, or starting your own, unemployed support group through craigslist.com.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:06pm

I’m pissed because Nancy Pelosi is the reason why we don’t have another EUI! !!!
    What is emotional support for unemployed going to do ..NOT A DAMN THING!!!
    Thats ok..because every dog has there day!!!
    And we all know who the b..ch is!!

Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:25pm

You guys are off the chain. It’s NOT Pelosi’s fault! God, the ignorance is unfreakinbelievable. CHILL OUT!

Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:38pm

VOTE MCCAIN CUZ AS LONG AS ITS PASSED BY 2/3 NO PRESIDENT CAN VETO IT, OBAMA IS TOO WRONG FOR OUR COUNTRY, REZKO, AYRES, WRIGHT, PEOPLE WAKE UP! SEE OBAMA FOR WHO HE REALLY IS….THE CULT OF PERSONALITY!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:11pm

I rest my case.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:23pm

It’s the quite 1’s.. ppl have to worry about
    Not the one’s that voice their anger!!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:26pm

Lay off the fox new man, its killing you.

As has been posted here many times, its the republicans and bush that have stopped the UI extension from happening. Why do you think they had to sneak it though last time?. It wasnt because of nancy pelosi. Nancy Pelosi is the one who keeps bringing it up.

Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:38pm

Exactly! Some folks on this forum need to calm down and see things as they are, not through a haze of high emotion.
    Pelosi has been an advocate for us, give her credit for that. The Repugs have consistently fought against the jobless. Remember the fight to get the last extension?

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:27pm

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:39pm

If you are so bored and sleepy take a hike jerkoff!

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:32pm

QUESTION: I have an interview Monday. Now I’m not so sure how good of a company this is as they have fired and hired people for this position 3 times in the last six months. Maybe they just can’t find the right person or maybe they are just a loser small business I don’t know. I will use my best judgement at the interview.
    MY QUESTION IS THIS: My unemployment “extension benefits” expired about 6 weeks ago. Like I said, they were extension benefits as my regular benefits expired or ran out before that. If I were to get the job and they fire me say in 2 months, will I be entitled to unemployment benefits again, mainly the stimulus package that we are all so eager for them to pass?
    Now for those of you who are saying well if you do a good job you won’t get fired, let me say this. Some companies in my industry hire sales people to help them build there business and also use their contacts that they bring to the employer, then let you go and hire another salesman and do the same. Also the economy could really head further into the abyss and they could just go out of business.
    Will I be entitled to benefits or did I screw myself for taking a crap job, is what I want to know?

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:32pm

I think it just the same Pelosi hater thats been here for weeks. He is either a young kid or a RNC employee.

Either way, its getting sad at this point.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:34pm

Here’s what Pelosi did for all of us:

“With that bill’s passage blocked, Pelosi then sought to have it added to the financial bailout legislation making its way to Bush’s desk, according to officials in both parties. They said the White House signaled it would accept an extension of unemployment benefits, but the speaker refused to allow the stimulus package to be broken up.

As a result, Congress adjourned without providing additional benefits for the unemployed as increasing numbers of people are losing their jobs."

Read for your self ..She didnt want to break the deal ..they were going to vote yes ..

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:35pm

HEY! Can someone answer my question I just posted about possibly getting a job on Monday, I have an interview.
    Thanks, James

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:37pm

It is the 3rd comment above or so…..
    Thanks, James

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:39pm

It ends with the word “know” and a “?” mark
    Thanks, James

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:41pm

“Here’s what Pelosi did for all of us: "

From the same link you post

The House passed a $61 billion economic stimulus bill before lawmakers adjourned for the elections, but it was largely symbolic since SENATE REPUBLICANS had already thwarted efforts to pass a companion measure.

People like you HURT our cause. Please let the adults handle it.

Anonymous 10/12/2008 7:47am

Boy, some of yiou are masters of the blame game, po’ po’ pitiful me. Maybe if you rose to the occasion and put out some positive energy instead of blaming, you would get some results.

• Anonymous 10/11/2008 4:45pm

But if she didn’t refused ..we would have our EUI!!