H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

DannyDog 08/12/2009 6:16am

At 11:15 this morning my account showed a zero balance and EUC status. I’ll chewck the website later and/or call them. Has anybody seen their balance updated?

PAGirl 08/12/2009 6:26am

My account, online, shows EB status. The entire time I’ve been on EB I’ve never been able to actually see my account balance, just that I am on EB. That is why I called this morning….Hopefully it’s the same for you!

• flyry098 08/12/2009 6:05am

MA here,so i heard they are trying to pass another extension for when EB runs out in sept as well does anyones online thing have a BAL now?

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/12/2009 8:40am

Hey flyry098. I was getting worried because I never got that notice about the 20 weeks that you said you got and I’m on my 13th week. I was debating whether to try calling and asking about it but then I did check my online balance and it says I have enough remaining to go to the 20 weeks.

• DannyDog 08/12/2009 6:37am

My account shows a COB of 8/10.
    Program Type EB
    (Last) Payment Issue Date of 7/25/09
    I don’t remember wether I ever had a balance showing when on EB.

I think all is OK. I’ll call if I don’t get a payment issue date by Saturday, since I didn’t mail the claim until 11AM on Monday.

• flyry098 08/12/2009 9:40am

yeah mine only says i have enough for 4.5 wks witch is kinda weird cuz that would give me 16.5 total wks of EB an i got everyother full extension so i dont no what the hell is going on, jus hope somthing happens eather back 2 work or another extension or somthing as there is still no jobs out there

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 5:50am

I just checked mine again. I tried to do it last night but it was too late and wouldn’t let me. My balance is enough for 8 weeks not including the extra $25 per week. If that is included then I only have 7.53 weeks in there but I don’t think it is. I think you should probably call them but Embagel posted on H.R.4304 that she is having a hard time getting through.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 5:50am

I meant H.R. 3404.

• Jans1116 08/12/2009 11:08am

PA people, I might be late on this but did you see this link?

• flyry098 08/13/2009 6:34am

yeah its weird cuz i have gotten everyother full extenison but seems im only gettin 16 wks total of EB instead of 20 unless its jus a mistake on there end.. an ive tryed 2 call but can never get through so i guess im gonna have to wait an see

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 6:51am

From what I can understand at their website, for the EUCs you just had to have collected a full 26 weeks of regular benefits to get the full extensions. For EB, it says the requirements are different and
    “2.You must have been paid wages of at least 40 times your most recent weekly benefit amount (including dependency allowances, if any) or 1½ times your highest quarterly earnings during the base period of your unemployment insurance claim;”
    Did you earn that much when you were working?

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 6:58am

Here is something else
    The following formula will be used if an EB 2009 claim becomes effective on or after July 5, 2009; or the current EB 2009 claim exhausts after July 5, 2009:
    The lesser of:
    •80% of the UI benefit credit plus dependency allowance (e.g., 80% of total UI + 80% of total DA paid); OR
    •20 x the average weekly benefit amount, including dependency benefits); OR
    •46 x the average weekly benefit amount, including dependency benefits, reduced by the total amount of regular benefits, including dependency benefits, which were paid.

• flyry098 08/13/2009 7:01am

yeah.. i earned enough $ an i was looking at a paper i got a yr ago an it says my first clam was for 30 wks not 26 so i must only be gettin 9 wks of EB instead of 13 an the the +7 for a total of 16.. but its weird cuz i got the full extension before. like the total +33 wks so i dunno.. i jus hope they add another extension after EB since they say its not gonna get any better till after 2010

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 7:05am

Yeah, if you collected the full 30 before the 1st extension then you will only get 16 weeks. I hit 26 weeks a few days after the first extension went into effect so they rolled my remaining 4 weeks onto the extension instead. It did say back then that if you had already got your 30 weeks, you would still get the full extension. But you can’t collect more than 46 weeks total between regular and EB benefits.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 7:07am

Back then I thought I was going to get my 30 + 13 for 43 but I only got 39.

• flyry098 08/13/2009 7:08am

yeah so ill have to wait an see what happens i still have 4 wks left.. so do you no what they are gonna do after EB runs out since alot of people are already running out or will in sept-oct are they gonna andd another extension or they trying to havent really been looking up info becuase ive been trying like crazy to get back to work

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 7:11am

There is a new bill, HR 3404, but it is only 13 weeks for states with a 3 month average of 9% or higher. I think NELP is trying to get them to change it to 10 weeks for all states and 10 extra weeks for states with 11% or higher. Most of the people from here are over there now.

• flyry098 08/13/2009 7:13am

yeah there gonna have to do somthing becuase theres just no jobs out there an they say unemployment is gonna stay high well into 2011 to maybe even 2012

• PAGirl 08/14/2009 4:09am

Good morning DannyDog and PA Friends,

I have no updates as of today. Do any of you? I am disappointed but at the same time, did not really think I would see one today since it did not get mailed until Monday afternoon (when I normally mail it either Sunday or first thing Monday morning).

I hope you are all having a good week….

DannyDog 08/14/2009 5:48am

No updates here. I sent my claim out Monday morning, so it’s possible that it couldn’t be processed until Thursday. I think it would be possible to have a check issue date shown on Saturday when my account could be updated to COB Thursday. Please post when you get an update. I need to know that the 7 week extension payments have started.

Jans1116 08/14/2009 6:05am

The whole state on EB is on the same schedule with the additional EB. So many people will be on it at the same time. Don’t expect it to be processed too fast.

PAGirl 08/14/2009 6:27am

That is an interesting take on it. The UC reps told me it should be the same as it was before and processed just like the first 13 weeks. Do you really think the payments will be delayed?

DannyDog 08/14/2009 8:30am

What do you mean that the whole state is on the same schedule? Please explain. Were you told this by a UC rep?

PAGirl 08/14/2009 9:15am

Haven’t we always been on the same schedule with EB since we file weekly?

DannyDog 08/14/2009 9:36am

We are on exactly the same schedule. My post was meant as a response to Jans1116 above. I didn’t understand what she meant by her comment that the whole state is on the same schedule in regard to the additional 7 weeks of EB. I don’t understand that at all.

PAGirl 08/14/2009 9:56am

Sorry for the confusion…I was asking the question to her as well. I don’t know why I hit reply under you. I don’t understand what she means since we are on the same schedule. You would think it would be the same as it was before (at least that is what I was told by the rep the other day).

• PAGirl 08/14/2009 5:52am

I will post an update as soon as I have one. Please do the same. I am very anxious to see when we will get our first payment issue date on this 7 week extension. Thanks for responding….

• VLeichsenring 08/14/2009 6:38am

If you really want to get something done about unemployment, than I hope all of you will go to the NELP website and sign up as a media spokesperson
    -We need people to volunteer to tell their stories to the press. Please sign up as a media spokesperson at http://www.unemployedworkers.org/page/s/uistories

• VLeichsenring 08/14/2009 6:39am

Heres My story:
    Being unemployed for two years has got to be one of the worst things that could possibly happen to a citizen of the United States. In a country where prosperity has always been a bragging right and a nation whose Declaration of Independence contains the famous phrase “Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” as three of its natural and legal rights, has now ended up becoming a nightmare for a lot of us Americans. Unemployment is no longer a temporary setback; it is a disease that is sweeping across this country like a cancer. If you tell another human being that you are unemployed they may take a step away from you or knock on wood as if it is a contagious disease.

• VLeichsenring 08/14/2009 6:40am

We as American citizens want to work and support ourselves so that we may pursue the American dream. It is our legal right! We have had that right taken away (through no fault of our own) by a government that fails to address the issues that keep us unemployed and issues that induce unemployment. Issues like creating good paying jobs, companies that send our work overseas, illegal’s entering our country taking jobs from its citizens. As long as my government fails to address these issues that keep American citizens unemployed, than my government that I elected, needs to keep extending unemployment benefits to those who are in need.