H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

DannyDog 08/17/2009 3:27pm

Duncan,

Did you get a payment issue date yet?
Have you been able to log on?

2kgs4 08/15/2009 12:40pm

Hey everyone Tx here: I wanted to ask a few of you guys in other states who have already used EB a question or two about the process as after reading my paper work am a bit confused. The paper where I write in my job applications weekly? Is to be faxed or mailed to the proper address/fax after each week or each time i request benefits online? If i mail it they send me a new one each week? I will probably end up faxing it anyhow though as it seems easier. So is the whole process the same I just have to send them this document with names and dates for my employers? Thanks so much for any help – god bless.

Duncan 08/15/2009 10:52am

DannyDog, I have no idea what the issue was. I have IE8, and wasn’t having problems with anything else. Hopefully I’m back for good!! I will post tomorrow if I have an update – keep your fingers crossed for me.

DannyDog 08/15/2009 10:18am

Duncan,

Good to see you back. I think I saw earlier threads where people were having trouble posting due to using an older browser. Do you need Internet Explorer 8 or something? I use Firefox and I prefer it over Internet Explorer.

Perhaps your account will be updated tomorrow.

Jans1116 08/15/2009 10:00am
in reply to PAGirl Aug 15, 2009 2:22am

We are all on the same time frame now. It appears they show the same date.

Duncan 08/15/2009 9:58am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 15, 2009 3:02am

Believe it or not, this is the first I have been able to log into the board since they updated the design. It’s been extremely frustrating!!

Anyway, I show a COB of 8/13, but no payment issue date. I’m hoping it will show something tomorrow. I received the same packet you all got, but I used the form for week ending 8/8 like everyone else did. It was helpful to read what everyone was deciding to do, but so frustrating that I couldn’t “chime in”! At least I’m back, for now, and hopefully for good!

DannyDog 08/15/2009 3:02am

PAGirl,

I have an update showing a COB of Thursday and and payment issue date of today, August 15th. I was concerned that the payment might be delayed due to the start-up of the seven week extension. Have a good weekend.

PAGirl 08/15/2009 2:22am

Good morning DannyDog and PA Friends….

I have an update today with a payment issue date of today, August 15th.

I hope you all do as well!

Patriots 08/14/2009 4:50pm
in reply to VLeichsenring Aug 14, 2009 6:40am

:)……..,,,,,We have to do what we have to to survive now.

We will get one more extension to help us survive what we never expected.

PAGirl 08/14/2009 9:56am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 14, 2009 9:36am

Sorry for the confusion…I was asking the question to her as well. I don’t know why I hit reply under you. I don’t understand what she means since we are on the same schedule. You would think it would be the same as it was before (at least that is what I was told by the rep the other day).

DannyDog 08/14/2009 9:36am
in reply to PAGirl Aug 14, 2009 9:15am

We are on exactly the same schedule. My post was meant as a response to Jans1116 above. I didn’t understand what she meant by her comment that the whole state is on the same schedule in regard to the additional 7 weeks of EB. I don’t understand that at all.

PAGirl 08/14/2009 9:15am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 14, 2009 8:30am

Haven’t we always been on the same schedule with EB since we file weekly?

DannyDog 08/14/2009 8:30am
in reply to Jans1116 Aug 14, 2009 6:05am

What do you mean that the whole state is on the same schedule? Please explain. Were you told this by a UC rep?

VLeichsenring 08/14/2009 6:40am

We as American citizens want to work and support ourselves so that we may pursue the American dream. It is our legal right! We have had that right taken away (through no fault of our own) by a government that fails to address the issues that keep us unemployed and issues that induce unemployment. Issues like creating good paying jobs, companies that send our work overseas, illegal’s entering our country taking jobs from its citizens. As long as my government fails to address these issues that keep American citizens unemployed, than my government that I elected, needs to keep extending unemployment benefits to those who are in need.

VLeichsenring 08/14/2009 6:39am

Heres My story:
Being unemployed for two years has got to be one of the worst things that could possibly happen to a citizen of the United States. In a country where prosperity has always been a bragging right and a nation whose Declaration of Independence contains the famous phrase “Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” as three of its natural and legal rights, has now ended up becoming a nightmare for a lot of us Americans. Unemployment is no longer a temporary setback; it is a disease that is sweeping across this country like a cancer. If you tell another human being that you are unemployed they may take a step away from you or knock on wood as if it is a contagious disease.

VLeichsenring 08/14/2009 6:38am

If you really want to get something done about unemployment, than I hope all of you will go to the NELP website and sign up as a media spokesperson
-We need people to volunteer to tell their stories to the press. Please sign up as a media spokesperson at http://www.unemployedworkers.org/page/s/uistories

PAGirl 08/14/2009 6:27am
in reply to Jans1116 Aug 14, 2009 6:05am

That is an interesting take on it. The UC reps told me it should be the same as it was before and processed just like the first 13 weeks. Do you really think the payments will be delayed?

Jans1116 08/14/2009 6:05am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 14, 2009 5:48am

The whole state on EB is on the same schedule with the additional EB. So many people will be on it at the same time. Don’t expect it to be processed too fast.

PAGirl 08/14/2009 5:52am

I will post an update as soon as I have one. Please do the same. I am very anxious to see when we will get our first payment issue date on this 7 week extension. Thanks for responding….

DannyDog 08/14/2009 5:48am
in reply to PAGirl Aug 14, 2009 4:09am

No updates here. I sent my claim out Monday morning, so it’s possible that it couldn’t be processed until Thursday. I think it would be possible to have a check issue date shown on Saturday when my account could be updated to COB Thursday. Please post when you get an update. I need to know that the 7 week extension payments have started.

PAGirl 08/14/2009 4:09am

Good morning DannyDog and PA Friends,

I have no updates as of today. Do any of you? I am disappointed but at the same time, did not really think I would see one today since it did not get mailed until Monday afternoon (when I normally mail it either Sunday or first thing Monday morning).

I hope you are all having a good week….

flyry098 08/13/2009 7:13am

yeah there gonna have to do somthing becuase theres just no jobs out there an they say unemployment is gonna stay high well into 2011 to maybe even 2012

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 7:11am
in reply to flyry098 Aug 13, 2009 7:08am

There is a new bill, HR 3404, but it is only 13 weeks for states with a 3 month average of 9% or higher. I think NELP is trying to get them to change it to 10 weeks for all states and 10 extra weeks for states with 11% or higher. Most of the people from here are over there now.

flyry098 08/13/2009 7:08am

yeah so ill have to wait an see what happens i still have 4 wks left.. so do you no what they are gonna do after EB runs out since alot of people are already running out or will in sept-oct are they gonna andd another extension or they trying to havent really been looking up info becuase ive been trying like crazy to get back to work

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 7:07am
in reply to NoGoodOnesLeft Aug 13, 2009 7:05am

Back then I thought I was going to get my 30 + 13 for 43 but I only got 39.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 7:05am
in reply to flyry098 Aug 13, 2009 7:01am

Yeah, if you collected the full 30 before the 1st extension then you will only get 16 weeks. I hit 26 weeks a few days after the first extension went into effect so they rolled my remaining 4 weeks onto the extension instead. It did say back then that if you had already got your 30 weeks, you would still get the full extension. But you can’t collect more than 46 weeks total between regular and EB benefits.

flyry098 08/13/2009 7:01am

yeah.. i earned enough $ an i was looking at a paper i got a yr ago an it says my first clam was for 30 wks not 26 so i must only be gettin 9 wks of EB instead of 13 an the the +7 for a total of 16.. but its weird cuz i got the full extension before. like the total +33 wks so i dunno.. i jus hope they add another extension after EB since they say its not gonna get any better till after 2010

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 6:58am
in reply to NoGoodOnesLeft Aug 13, 2009 6:51am

Here is something else
The following formula will be used if an EB 2009 claim becomes effective on or after July 5, 2009; or the current EB 2009 claim exhausts after July 5, 2009:
The lesser of:
•80% of the UI benefit credit plus dependency allowance (e.g., 80% of total UI + 80% of total DA paid); OR
•20 x the average weekly benefit amount, including dependency benefits); OR
•46 x the average weekly benefit amount, including dependency benefits, reduced by the total amount of regular benefits, including dependency benefits, which were paid.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 6:51am
in reply to flyry098 Aug 13, 2009 6:34am

From what I can understand at their website, for the EUCs you just had to have collected a full 26 weeks of regular benefits to get the full extensions. For EB, it says the requirements are different and
“2.You must have been paid wages of at least 40 times your most recent weekly benefit amount (including dependency allowances, if any) or 1½ times your highest quarterly earnings during the base period of your unemployment insurance claim;”
Did you earn that much when you were working?

flyry098 08/13/2009 6:34am

yeah its weird cuz i have gotten everyother full extenison but seems im only gettin 16 wks total of EB instead of 20 unless its jus a mistake on there end.. an ive tryed 2 call but can never get through so i guess im gonna have to wait an see