H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 5:50am
in reply to NoGoodOnesLeft Aug 13, 2009 5:50am

I meant H.R. 3404.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/13/2009 5:50am
in reply to flyry098 Aug 12, 2009 9:40am

I just checked mine again. I tried to do it last night but it was too late and wouldn’t let me. My balance is enough for 8 weeks not including the extra $25 per week. If that is included then I only have 7.53 weeks in there but I don’t think it is. I think you should probably call them but Embagel posted on H.R.4304 that she is having a hard time getting through.

Jans1116 08/12/2009 11:08am

PA people, I might be late on this but did you see this link?

flyry098 08/12/2009 9:40am

yeah mine only says i have enough for 4.5 wks witch is kinda weird cuz that would give me 16.5 total wks of EB an i got everyother full extension so i dont no what the hell is going on, jus hope somthing happens eather back 2 work or another extension or somthing as there is still no jobs out there

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/12/2009 8:40am
in reply to flyry098 Aug 12, 2009 6:05am

Hey flyry098. I was getting worried because I never got that notice about the 20 weeks that you said you got and I’m on my 13th week. I was debating whether to try calling and asking about it but then I did check my online balance and it says I have enough remaining to go to the 20 weeks.

DannyDog 08/12/2009 6:37am

My account shows a COB of 8/10.
Program Type EB
(Last) Payment Issue Date of 7/25/09
I don’t remember wether I ever had a balance showing when on EB.

I think all is OK. I’ll call if I don’t get a payment issue date by Saturday, since I didn’t mail the claim until 11AM on Monday.

PAGirl 08/12/2009 6:26am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 12, 2009 6:16am

My account, online, shows EB status. The entire time I’ve been on EB I’ve never been able to actually see my account balance, just that I am on EB. That is why I called this morning….Hopefully it’s the same for you!

DannyDog 08/12/2009 6:16am
in reply to PAGirl Aug 12, 2009 3:19am

At 11:15 this morning my account showed a zero balance and EUC status. I’ll chewck the website later and/or call them. Has anybody seen their balance updated?

flyry098 08/12/2009 6:05am

MA here,so i heard they are trying to pass another extension for when EB runs out in sept as well does anyones online thing have a BAL now?

dlh 08/12/2009 5:55am
in reply to PAGirl Aug 12, 2009 3:19am

Thanks PAGirl. They told me the same thing when I called. Thanks for all the updates PA Friends!

FYI… We should keep an eye out for the “new” so-called extensions when congress returns in the fall. Hopefully the market will turn around soon and we can stop depending on the government and all of us can actually find work soon!

Good Luck.

The new bill’s web site:

PAGirl 08/12/2009 3:19am

Good morning DannyDog and PA Friends,

I just wanted to update you all. I call the UC today and was told that all of our accounts are updated and the balances have been replenished so we should see no delay in our claims being processed. I was relieved to hear that!

I hope everyone is doing well…

need2know 08/10/2009 10:46pm

Patriots, thank you so much for providing the information to use to contact Congress with! I am utilizing it right now, and pray that something will materialize post haste. God bless you!

need2know 08/10/2009 10:45pm
in reply to Patriots Aug 08, 2009 4:15pm

Patriots, thank you so much for providing this information! I am utilizing it right now, and pray that something will materialize post haste. God bless you!

2kgs4 08/10/2009 10:08am

Tx here: today I received my letter for EB benefits with a 800 number to call. god bless

DannyDog 08/10/2009 10:03am

I think that that is a pretty good time-line. I don’t expect to see a payment date before Friday or Saturday, since I just mailed the claim at 11AM this morning. I’ll keep checking my account balance frequently to see how that’s going. I hope the rep is right about the updated balance early in the week.

DannyDog 08/10/2009 9:57am
in reply to dlh Aug 10, 2009 5:35am

I fully expect to be paid for the week ending August 8th. The law went in to effect on Tuesday the 4th. I think the “may” is just the usual legalese wording to protect them from exceptional situations.

PAGirl 08/10/2009 8:09am

Hi all,

I received my forms in the mail today as well and just got back from the post office mailing my claim form for last week. If I don’t see any updates by Friday I am going to call them to make sure that they have recieved the funding. As of last week, all of the accounts were still showing a zero balance because the funds hadn’t been given yet. She said they should be there at the beginning of this week so we don’t have a delay. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed that she was correct.

dlh 08/10/2009 5:43am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 10, 2009 5:34am

THANKS PAGirl!

So I can get it out now, guess I’ll use the old one, as well! That way I don’t have to wait until 2:30 for the mail which I may or may not receive the new forms!

Thanks again!

dlh 08/10/2009 5:35am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 10, 2009 5:23am

Found it, Thanks DannyDog…

One question… it states…..The first week for which HUP EB “may be paid” is the week ending August 8, 2009. Do you interpret that as we “may not” be paid being week ending 8/8/09?

DannyDog 08/10/2009 5:34am

PAGirl and Pennsylvania friends,

I received four mail claims in today’s mail. Weeks ending 8/8, 8/15, 8/22 and 8/29. The information inside says that once the third claim has been received, then another set of four is prepared for mailing.

The new forms were absolutely identical to the ones I had. I checked for bar code numbers on both etc. They were identical in every way, so I mailed my old completed one this morning. I expect to have some payment info on Thursday or Friday or I may call them on Friday.

DannyDog 08/10/2009 5:23am

dlh,

Here’s the link to the UC page. Scroll down and look for “HUP” section.

dlh 08/10/2009 4:23am
in reply to DannyDog Aug 10, 2009 3:51am

DannyDog & PAGirl…

I can’t find the “notice” below. Do either of you have the link?

I guess, I too, will wait for the mail today to see if I get any new forms, otherwise, like you, I will be mailing the one I have in.

Thanks for the updates!!

DannyDog 08/10/2009 3:51am

PAGirl,
Thanks for the tip. I’ll check the bar code etc. to see if there is a difference in the forms. If I don’t get the forms in today’s mail, then I will send in the form that I have.

PAGirl 08/10/2009 3:46am

Good morning DannyDog,

I read that as well and have been sitting here deciding whether or not to head to the post office to mail this form. One rep said mail it and the other said don’t because the scanner across the top “could” be different. I think I am going to finish filling it out and head to the post office.

Thanks!

DannyDog 08/10/2009 3:29am

Continued

This increased amount of EB, called HUP EB, applies only to weeks within the HUP. The first week for which HUP EB may be paid is the week ending August 8, 2009, and the last week for which HUP EB may be paid is the week ending January 2, 2010. As of January 2, 2010, any remaining unused balance of HUP EB financial eligibility expires.
Claims for HUP EB are filed in the same way as claims for regular EB.

DannyDog 08/10/2009 3:28am

PAGirl and Pennsylvania friends,
If you have a mail claim for the week ending August 8th, mail it immediately. From the UC website, updated on Thursday …

The Pennsylvania UC Law was recently amended to increase the maximum amount of EB a claimant may receive if Pennsylvania enters a “high unemployment period,” or HUP. A HUP occurs when Pennsylvania’s total unemployment rate reaches 8 percent. The Commonwealth’s total unemployment rate has risen to the level necessary to create a HUP.
As a result of the HUP, if you were financially eligible for 13 weeks of regular EB, your financial eligibility is increased to 20 weeks. If you were financially eligible for 8 weeks of regular EB, your financial eligibility is increased to 12.8 weeks.

DannyDog 08/09/2009 7:52am

I guess we can check the UC site on Monday for updates before mailing the claim for the week ending August 8th.

DannyDog 08/09/2009 7:49am

PAGirl and PA friends,

Absolutely nothing new here. I haven’t received anything in the mail yet, so I will mail the claim form that I already have completed after my mail arrives on Monday at about 10AM … unless I get other directions or information in the mail to the contrary. I won’t wait past noon on Monday. If I messed up by mailing it in, then I will call UC to fix it later.

At about 1 PM on Sunday, no updates to the UC site

PAGirl 08/09/2009 4:57am

Good morning DannyDog and PA folks….

I hope you are having a good weekend. I was just checking in to see if anyone has spoken to a UC rep lately and if you have found out any new information. Also, has anyone received their forms in the mail (they told me they were all mailed on Tuesday the 4th). I have received any forms but will be getting the one ready that I have for the 8th. I plan to wait for the mail tomorrow and then mail it out (if the new forms don’t arrive).

jelee 08/09/2009 4:09am

Hi everybody, just thought I would let any Ohioians know that I have spoke to in the past here on OC in reference of HR 6867 that as I might drop back here
to this site to check things out once in awhile, I will now be mainly on the
H.R.3404 blog commenting until it either pass’es or clashes and burns. thanks for all your help Blog H.R.6867.