H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

Anonymous 09/30/2008 8:24pm

please google unemployment and unemployment extension as often as you can search web and then search news * Last hour

• Last day
  • Past week
  • Past month
    the searches are monitored that is how the media and the politicians know what most people are most interested in, we can game the system to our advantage, more searches means more news stories more news stories means more searches then it snow balls.

you can go to google trends to see how unemployment ranks compered to other topics you can see charts of both news coverage and internet searches. As of yesterday “unemployment extension” was loosing to “Butt Sex” but looking at history “unemployment extension” was ahead around june when lots of people were searching for info on an unemployment extension.

The point, google “unemployment extension” several times a day, if we are ranked lower then BS we will never be noticed.
espacialy tonight and all day tomorrow.

Anonymous 10/14/2008 7:47pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 14, 2008 7:42pm

Yes it will most likely. I think you would be able to collect maybe over summer breaks but most of the time it does interfere if you work enough. If it is only like working once a week or so then you should be fine. I forget the number of hours but most states let you continue to collect if you only work 8-12 hours a week. Don’t think it being an extension would change that but not 100% sure on that one.

Moderated Comment

Anonymous 10/15/2008 2:46pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 1:14pm

thank you!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 10/11/2008 3:07pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 11, 2008 12:55pm

This post is more ignorant than the first one. Someone should turn the fraudulent person in to his/her state. The poster said he cannot work. Which one is more stupid?

Anonymous 10/27/2008 8:07am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 7:49am

The regulars will be back when need be.

Anonymous 10/15/2008 1:54pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 1:48pm

Then the Republicans overall plan for the destruction of the middle class is working. No one has ever questioned why they were against all these social programs because they were always still there. Now after 8 years and utter destruction to those programs and infrastructure and public education maybe people will finally see why the Republicans always push the wedge and non issues. Because if they told the public what their policies were really about they would never win. And it’s been working for them since Nixon. Now maybe in my lifetime I will finally get to see the death of that ideology because it’s very ugly once you see beneath the surface. And for this extension fight you have seen beneath the surface. Learn from it and remember it. Because if McCain gets in Social Security will be gone too.

Anonymous 10/23/2008 4:47am

Any 1 want to make a presiction on the Stock Market today ..Dow industrials
-32.97
right now..

Anonymous 10/14/2008 9:40pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 14, 2008 8:59pm

In thinking about this some more, the admins should also have posters when they sign up for a screen name to sign a terms of service agreement. If a poster is then caught abusing their agreement (using foul language, harrassing other posters etc.) then they could be banned from the site.

This of course would require moderators to patrol the forums for abuse but it has worked out well for years on many isp chatrooms.

I would sign up in a heartbeat to be a moderator and earn some extra cash.

Anonymous 10/23/2008 5:57am

They are on C-SPAN also playing the blame game

Anonymous 10/15/2008 3:55pm

Is there still enough time to impeach Bush so he can be fired instead of resign?

Anonymous 10/21/2008 9:40am

How would a person go about squatting a house? Seriously.

Anonymous 10/15/2008 11:45am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 11:39am

Friday 10/17

dispaced2007 10/15/2008 12:46pm

Yahoo News – US confronts possibility of long, deep recession

“The jobless rate is currently at 6.1 percent, and many economists expect it to rise to about 7 percent early next year — a level the country has not seen since 1993. Some analysts believe the unemployment rate could eventually climb close to 8 percent, which hasn’t happened since 1984.”

Full article at: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081015/ap_on_bi_ge/meltdown_recession;_ylt=AsW3mHQszFd45nxewyX1avms0NUE

Anonymous 10/15/2008 11:39am

When does the UE figures come out?

Anonymous 10/15/2008 10:40am

That’s true. The Repubs were against the bailout, and the bailout could NOT have been passed without major support from the Democrats. That’s why it’s so easy to see that we got screwed. Extended benefits and the rest of the stimulus bill could have been easily added to the bailout. Bush would have signed it because he’ll do anything to get the $700B bailout money. What happened instead?; they tacked on some tax cuts and money for rum and wooden arrows. That’s $150B worth of add-ons and none of it was for us.

I do blame the Senate Repubs for blocking our bill, but Pelosi had enough power to overcome this resistance by adding it to the bailout or the CR. Pelosi and Reid didn’t do it because they want to pick up enough votes in the Senate to have a democratic veto proof majority. Right now the Dems have 51 Senate seats and they need 60. The Dems are hoping to embitter us against the Repubs to pick up more seats in Congress. All the while, people are being evicted and going hungry.

Anonymous 10/15/2008 11:40am

I love how the Dem’s are socialist, but the Repub’s don’t get called fascist. Sure the Dem’s help the poor and want to get involved in things like healthcare that I think they should stay out of, but the Repubs are 10x worse; they giving trillions of dollars to corporations and the rich. They go to war and the corporations profit while Americans die. Who runs up the national debt? Please tell me who?

Anonymous 10/27/2008 4:26pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 4:21pm

If she is around, I would love to hear her explanation of the Federal/State extension, because I’m really not into trying to figure out those “triggers” they refer to. She was always good at those things. :)

Anonymous 10/15/2008 1:05pm

Yes. Unfortunately there are many people voting for Obama simply because he’s black. This is very sad. Personally I will vote for someone because he has integrity and experience and is best suited for the job. Not because of his or her skin color. :(

Anonymous 10/15/2008 9:52am

Pelosi is now talking about 300 Billion insted of 150 Billion for the Stimulus Bill. I’m sure that will help us to get it passed. All we need is 6 billion for stand alone H.R. 6867. No pork…..

Anonymous 10/15/2008 8:20am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 6:24am

if your benefit year has ended, you will need to apply for a new claim. if you have worked the required number of hours, you will get that new claim, which will be paid for through your state fund. if you are ineligible for a new claim (for whatever reason) you will qualify under the federal extension (it rolls over to that), provided you fall within the fed’s timeline requirements for the extension. on the last extension, they had some dates by which you had to have exhausted your last claim in order to qualify for the extension, the point being to prevent people from qualifying indefinitely. i do not know what those cutoff dates will be for the new federal extension (when one is passed). so, everyone is dealing with a lot of uncertainty here. the best thing is to find work and hang onto that if you can get it. that’s always preferable to collecting UE. i know everyone is trying.

dispaced2007 10/15/2008 9:54am

Do a search in Yahoo news for “layoffs” no wonder its such a challange to get a job, so many places are laying off workers and\or not hiring, every day there are more out of work.

I’m trying to keep postitive thoughts, hoping to get a job. What’s amazing is I am also applying for “survival jobs” even the part time minimum wage and I am not being called for interviews. I find out they hire people who’s last job was a similar minimum wage job.

The UI rate for my county for August is 6.4%, I will wild guess its higher for September when they publish the numbers, as there have been several large scale layoffs in area.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 3:22pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 3:20pm

Maybe RI has such high figures because they have extra extensions and people aren’t dropping off their unemployment tally the way they are in other states.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 3:23pm

I am usually a strong and hopeful person. Very strong in Faith and optimism. But I am out of it. I need to work. “Don’t worry?” easier enough said than acted upon. I usually do not worry. But I cannot be a hypocrite and liar and state that It “worry” is not consuming me.

It is, and I am beating myself up about it. I know that I am not alone in this. I would be less anxious if I knew that “EUI” was in effect but it isn’t and this fuels this madness. I can’t find work, I can’t find work, I can’t find work, I can’t find work. This is deteriorating me into nothing. My self esteem is shot, cant’t sleep, can’t eat, man oh man am I being tested. I am enraged! I hope and continue to pray for this situation to end. I pray, pray, pray, pray, pray!!!

Please excuse my rambling Brothers/Sisters.

But I had to vent. I am trying to “LIVE” and not just “EXIST”.

MAY THE GRACE AND POWER OF GOD ALMIGHTY SUSTAIN AND DELIVER US FROM THIS HORRIBLE MADNESS.

BE BLESSED ALL

THANK YOU.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 3:54pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 3:50pm

Who are you talking to? I had no temp thing? And I am posting on the Federal/State extension.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 3:58pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 3:54pm

Then maybe I was not talking to you….. There is more then one person posting here.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 4:32pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 4:26pm

I think if you go back to HR 5749, we figured there was 2 points, the first one was around 8%….

Anonymous 10/15/2008 11:49am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 11:45am

THANKS!

Anonymous 10/15/2008 7:59am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 7:00am

Bush has already said he would support an extension of unemployment benefits, his threshold was 6%. we are not at 6.1% , he said he would sign the bailout with unemployment added but pelosi would not let it happen, you are being manipulated for votes.

The fucked up thing is it is working, I intended to vote third party but if voting for obama means I will be able to let my kids have some dignity for 3 or 4 more months I will vote for him, they have me by the balls.

Anonymous 10/15/2008 8:13am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 15, 2008 6:24am

i know, can you believe it? and with all the happy faces at the g7 summit, you would think these guys were at a frat party. ok, i exaggerate, but i did notice a lack of gravitas. maybe it’s because (from their point of view) panicked sheeple are ‘funny’.