H.R.6867 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008

To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide for additional emergency unemployment compensation. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed house.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as passed senate.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008 as enacted.

Anonymous 10/12/2008 8:22am
+ 13
in reply to Anonymous Oct 12, 2008 7:54am

If the moderators would shut you down with all your false poster names and fake posts, maybe this forum would become productive and useful. There were some honest people on this site and they are understandably gone.

You’re all that’s left and you’re not only a sad case, you’re pitiful. Like other websites, I hope OpenCongress will make this forum a “sign-in” only forum and record the IP address of every contributor.

Anonymous 10/12/2008 9:52am
+ 12
in reply to Submrnr Oct 12, 2008 9:41am

From Pster above:
“I hope OpenCongress will make this forum a “sign-in” only forum and record the IP address of every contributor."
~~~~~~~
I couldnt agree more.

I think you would find a lot more helpful people return if that was enforced. Its hard to keep trying to help the cause when all you are getting is uneccesary spiteful, malicious comments for your efforts.

Anonymous 10/14/2008 3:38pm

Tell him there’s this mentally ill troll with dissociative identity disorder who consumes himself with receiving government handouts. Then tell him the incompetent idiot lives in Washington State and report him to the WA state ESD offices in either Spokane or in Olympia.

Patriots 03/12/2009 4:28pm

I suppose that the no vote is the response to my post. I have emailed the real Maurice at NELP with that posted email included for verification.

If it is fake, someone just took things to a whole new level here.

Patriots 03/12/2009 4:56pm
I learned some time ago that you are the one trying to steal money from people here, not just on pokerstars. You pretend to be many people, and pretend to be friends with them, and offer to help them, so you can weasel your way into their life and get their personal info.
Anonymous 10/27/2008 9:00am

Extending unemployment benefits during times of recession is nothing new. In the past 30 years Congress has acted 3 times to establish temporary extended benefits, each time during a recession . studies indicate that extending unemployment is essential to provide much needed support to those who have lost their jobs and are struggling to reenter the job market. I am a cosponsor of the emergency unemployment compensation ACT and the unemployment insurance modernization ACT These bills receptively would extend unemployment benefits for 20 weeks with an additional 13 weeks for states with high unemployment like Michigan, and would provide for the modernization of unemployment insurance programs with Michigan receiving more than $90 million immediately under the bill. These bills have been referred to the senate committee on finance where they await further consideration. Sincerely Carl Levin. MI.

Patriots 03/12/2009 5:01pm
in reply to _Anonymous_ Mar 12, 2009 4:58pm

You should have been history a year ago with all you racist and hate filled comments.

Patriots 03/12/2009 4:58pm
in reply to _Anonymous_ Mar 12, 2009 4:57pm

I’m not filtering anything fool and they can see that.

Anonymous 10/11/2008 6:47pm

This site started out as a group of people with real problems and a common need to work toward getting the UI Extension passed. I’ve read some sad stories and know that most of us are together in our fear of not being able to feed our families, keept a roof over our heads, and pay our bills. We need help…a hopefully, a job. In the meantime, we all need UI to tide us over until that happens.

However, our site has deteriorated into something else….some people have drifted away from the original goal and are using it as a political platform; a place to post fictional distortions of the facts; nonsense; and rude comments. I will continue to call and write to the people who are in a position to help us but I will no longer read or participate in this site until it returns to its original goal. Until this happens, I have better ways to spend my time.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 5:31pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 5:27pm

I’m not in NJ but I don’t think there is a break. Let me say, before I am called “misinformed”, that I didn’t have to.

Patriots 03/12/2009 4:09pm
in reply to GonzoFL Mar 12, 2009 3:52pm

Excuse me, but after reading through the BS today, I noticed your email from NELP. I couldn’t help but notice that there is no person called, “Mary Henderson” on the staff, nor the job of “UIMA Implementation Coordinator”.

Also the phone number you listed for her comes back to,

(207) 212-8805
Type: Cell PhoneLocation: Lewiston, ME.

I DO speak to Maurice on occasion, and I HOPE it is just a misunderstanding.

Anonymous 10/14/2008 10:43am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 14, 2008 9:51am

You are not in NC troll. People in NC are receiving a state mandated extension at this time. You should remember posting this as you did a few pages back. Along with the many, many fake garbage posts you’re guilty of, this one is idiotic.

If you’re going to type fake posts, at least get your dishonest facts correct and choose another state.

Who’s the idiot?

Anonymous 10/27/2008 5:34pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 5:27pm

Jersey doesnt have an extension. It was cancelled because the republicans didnt fund it. They sent the money to wall st instead. NJ only has 6 months then its over, off to the homeless shelter. No more free money. Move to texas where they have 3 extensions.

Anonymous 10/14/2008 10:53am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 14, 2008 10:43am

You can’t fix stupid as he’s a direct result of inbreeding.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 5:38pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 27, 2008 5:34pm

You need to move to Texas B4 your claim expires, then you can get the Texas extension. Hurry, pack and move now before the claim expires. The weather is nice and everyone loves John and Cindy McCain

Anonymous 10/12/2008 11:25am

23 minutes ago
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27150665/ news on EU

also says that as many have stated before that the democrats(pelosi) and 7110 is the reason we do not have an unemployment extension, I am sick of politicians playing games with our lives for votes.

“With that bill’s passage blocked, Pelosi then sought to have it added to the financial bailout legislation making its way to Bush’s desk, according to officials in both parties. They said the White House signaled it would accept an extension of unemployment benefits, but the speaker refused to allow the stimulus package to be broken up.”

Moderated Comment

Moderated Comment

Anonymous 10/27/2008 9:32pm

Florida..Yeah, stupid stuff…you’re right.

To the next post, you’re right too.

Someone wants this place shut down because it became powerful in the fight for the last extension, and plays a part in the election too.

Think about that.

Anonymous 10/17/2008 4:30pm

This is ridiculous, every post from today is being filtered. This has to stop! There was some good things posted today. I’ll be making some phone calls in the morning.

Liberty1 10/17/2008 4:40pm

Are you there? Tifiniy, Holmes, Donny ? DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS! Someone is trying to making sure no useful information can be shown here.

WE CAN’T ALWAYS BE HERE TO STOP IT!

Anonymous 10/12/2008 6:28am

I am a single mother of 3 children ages 4 6 and 11, when I was drawing ue I recieved enough to pay rent, put gas in my car, pay utilities and buy the essentials, I applied for foodstamps, but bc my income was unemployment they count that as unearned income and I only recieved 80.00 a month to feed my family. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciated it, but it wasn’t enough to feed my family of 4! Now that I don’t have any money coming in I get 643.00 a month! kinda crazy huh?!?!?!?

Anonymous 10/14/2008 6:11pm

steppin, CaliDeb, dispaced2007, abaratar, kandi911, anonymous

Kpslow 10/21/2008 10:39am

“I just looked back over the last few pages. Every post already has two no votes on it. One more and everything will be filtered.

I would love too be face to face with the little puke doing it"

Call and Email David Moore. Tell him to remove the filter comments ability from posters. I emailed him and try to call a few times but only got voice mail.

1. David Moore, Executive Director, Participatory Politics Foundation
  2. E-mail: drm@ppolitics.org
  3. Mobile: (603) 661-3968

Moderated Comment

Submrnr 10/12/2008 11:39am

For those who did not see this post previously…we are getting news media coverage:

Anonymous 10/14/2008 11:41am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 14, 2008 10:53am

That’s what his daddy told him.

Anonymous 10/14/2008 5:48pm