H.R.7110 - Job Creation and Unemployment Relief Act of 2008

Making supplemental appropriations for job creation and preservation, infrastructure investment, and economic and energy assistance for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2009, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)

• Official: Making supplemental appropriations for job creation and preservation, infrastructure investment, and economic and energy assistance for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2009, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Job Creation and Unemployment Relief Act of 2008 as introduced.
  • Short: Job Creation and Unemployment Relief Act of 2008 as passed house.

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 12:39pm

THIS NEEDS TO BE PASSED !!!! AMERICANS ARE HURTING AND NEED SOME RELIEF !!!

Karen In TX

abaratar 09/29/2008 2:07am

this bill will not provide an unemployment extension in Texas, its only for states over 6.5%

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 12:46pm

How many bills are you gonna create, get this thing passed, people are struggling and winter’s on it’s way!!!

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 12:54pm

<shlepping my suitcase over…didn’t unpack yet from the last move, LOL>

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 12:57pm

another bill??? how many bills are they gonna come up with for the same thing???? this is turning out to be a wild moose chase and we’re it

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 12:58pm

Yea it seems like they want us separated so it doesn’t look like so many are screaming for this..PASS THIS BILL

Karen in TX

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:01pm

It’s all a game to them. That’s OK. As long as it gets passed, I don’t care HOW they do it.

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:02pm

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:06pm

I wonder how long before we will know something

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:26pm

Nope we’re gonna hound them just like we used to do to our parents as kids and they will deliver!! I bet we’ll know tomorrow. Don’t we have one week of unemployment after this week? That would be the thirteenth week.

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:28pm

This is funny or rep’s know they better deliver or they are to the heap. Michigan is watching very closely , get it right Stabenow, Levin

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:40pm

I just claimed the last of mine …I’m up the creek if this doesn’t pass and I don’t find a job soon…I have been really looking there is nothing out there ..I lost my job because they “downsized” another words they cut out that job position altogether

Karen In TX

Karen In Texas

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:03pm

I live in FL and after I claim the last 2 weeks I also have one week left.

My daughter lives in NYC as an IT recruiter. Between she and I, we have sent out two to three hundred resumes. I have gotten a call back on maybe one.

I am over 55, how could I possibly be where I am at my age? Educated, etc. Just so depressed.

Anonymous 09/29/2008 2:15am

7110 does not provide extended unemployment for NY

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:43pm

I’m finding the only jobs out there are part-time jobs (no benefits). I’ve applied to every one of them. I’ve had several interviews. It’s better than nothing. And I think a lot of these PT job companies know most applicants will probably leave when the economy gets better.

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:13pm

What state are you in?

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:48pm

NJ. Looking for any kind of admin. asst./desk job I can find. Due to certain limitations, I cannot work a job where I would be standing on my feet all day.

Anonymous 09/29/2008 2:16am

NJ will not receive an extension in this bill

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:43pm

HR 7110 is a bad bill it is the 56 billion dollar stimulus that was never meant to pass, 7110 is the reason we do not have an unemployment extension, 7110 is why the democrats have refused to allow unemployment to be added to the CR or the bailout, 7110 is a political ploy used to manipulate voters int thinking the democrats tried to get an unemployment extension but the Pugs wouldn’t let them.

7110 is a insult to our intelligence. By pushing 7110 we will never get anything we need to focus on just getting an unemployment extension.

This bill will never pass it is just lip service to help the democrats get more votes in the election.

Don’t be a sheeple

Anonymous 09/28/2008 1:59pm

Can we try to keep a positive tone on this forum, please.

First off there is no way the Dems could add the UI extension to the bailout bill. It would have made that mess… messier.

Who cares if the extension passes under HR7110 or VXYZ. The Dems are doing the best they can to implement it before the break. The blame game does no one any good. Let’s see what happens over the next few days.

Most of us are stressed out to the max anyway, let’s try not to make it worse amongst ourselves!

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:05pm

Positive absolutely but we must be honest we should not have people waste there efforts. We need to focus an unemployment extension that can pass. This bill can not pass everyone knows that. When making your calls just ask an unemployment extension not this stimulus, this stimulus is bad and hurts our cause.

Positive yes but we should net let people use this forum to manipulate people to push for things that are against their interests. 7110 is the reason that we do not have an extension yet.

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:25pm

Why is that?

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:34pm

the leaders have refused to allow for an unemployment extension to be added to any other bills like the bailout or the CR that passed with a veto proof majority.

They are doing that to keep it in the stimulus(this bill)which is not meant to pass, the purpose of this bill is to provide a list of no votes for the upcoming election. People will be outraged that there is no extension, and polotitions will claim that they tried to pass unemployment but couldn’t

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:05pm

This is McCain here. Listen up crackers, we don’t have the money to give to you lazy types. The money has already been spent trying to keep the banks open. After all what good would an Unemployment check do if you couldnt cash it? Gosh. Get a job hippy.

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:08pm

you know what the truth about the unemploymnet extinsion is, and if you start blasting republicans and telling lies the republicans will start doing the same back and turn this forum into a very unproductive and bad place. This is not an election forum

Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:09pm

I beg of you please don’t feed the troll

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:08pm

McCain (again). Listen here waffle heads, if we give you money to sit around, our healthcare costs will go up from all the clogged arteries. We Republicans know what we are doing. We already spent your money on Wall street. Do you think money grows on trees?

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:13pm

Keep posting trolls …it adds to the comments section and will make the bill become "hot " faster and get us more attention

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:15pm

What do you get by coming here? You should go get a life. We just need the extension, you need both!

• Anonymous 09/28/2008 2:17pm

Troll?? I am just a sincere hard working American who lost his job. I am in my last 2 weeks of unemployment. The small mountain town I live in in western Oregon has an unemployment rate of >12%.