S.1068 - Healthy Communities Act of 2007
A bill to promote healthy communities. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Healthy Communities Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to promote healthy communities. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 11
- All-Time: 4,379
Official Summary3/29/2007--Introduced.Healthy Communities Act of 2007 - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish the Advisory Committee on Environmental Health to review environmental health data and studies to: (1) assess the impact of federal laws, policies, and practices on envi
Healthy Communities Act of 2007 - Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish the Advisory Committee on Environmental Health to review environmental health data and studies to:
(1) assess the impact of federal laws, policies, and practices on environmental health and justice; and
(2) identify and recommend ways to change or ensure compliance with federal laws, address gaps in federal environmental health research, and prevent or mitigate harm from federal policies, programs, and practices that may adversely affect environmental health or justice. Requires the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to prepare a biennial Environmental Health Report Card for the nation and for each state. Requires the Secretary to:
(1) establish the Health Action Zone Program to award grants to at-risk communities for comprehensive environmental health improvement activities; and
(2) expand and intensify environmental health research. Requires the Secretary, acting through the Director, to provide grants and technical assistance to enable states to develop or expand activities related to biomonitoring of exposure to environmental toxicants and pollutants. Requires the Secretary to:
(1) promote translation and dissemination of findings; and
(2) incorporate the data collected under this Act with existing data collection efforts. Requires the Director to expand training and educational activities relating to environmental health and justice for health professionals and public health practitioners.
...Read the Rest