S.2368 - Border Law Enforcement Act
A bill to provide immigration reform by securing America's borders, clarifying and enforcing existing laws, and enabling a practical employer verification program. view all titles (4)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Border Law Enforcement Act as introduced.
- Short: Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to provide immigration reform by securing America's borders, clarifying and enforcing existing laws, and enabling a practical employer verification program. as introduced.
- Short: SAVE Act of 2007 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 15,068
Official Summary11/15/2007--Introduced.Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act of 2007 or SAVE Act of 2007 - Sets forth border security and enforcement provisions, including provisions respecting: (1) increases in Border Patrol and investigative personnel; (2) recruitment of former militar
Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act of 2007 or SAVE Act of 2007 - Sets forth border security and enforcement provisions, including provisions respecting:
(1) increases in Border Patrol and investigative personnel;
(2) recruitment of former military personnel;
(3) use of Department of Defense (DOD) equipment;
(4) infrastructure improvements;
(5) aerial and other surveillance;
(5) a national strategy to secure the borders;
(6) emergency deployment of Border Patrol agents; and
(7) expansion of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism along the northern and southern borders. Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act and specified maritime law sections to revise alien smuggling provisions. Sets forth provisions respecting border security on certain federal lands under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of Agriculture or the Secretary of the Interior. Border Law Enforcement Act - Authorizes a border relief grant program for a tribal, state, or local law enforcement agency in a county within 25 miles of the southern border of the United States. Amends the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to make the basic employment eligibility confirmation pilot program permanent. Sets forth conditions for the mandatory use of the E-verify system. Requires:
(1) employer/employee notification of social security number mismatches and multiple uses, and related information sharing with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS); and
(2) establishment of electronic birth and death registration systems. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) penalize specified employers for failure to correct information returns; and
(2) prohibit employers from deducting from gross income wages paid to unauthorized aliens, with an exception for an employer participating in the basic employment eligibility confirmation program. Increases criminal alien program (CAP) personnel. Establishes within DHS a rewards program to assist in the elimination of commercial operations to produce or sell fraudulent immigration-related documents and to assist in the investigation, prosecution, or disruption of commercial alien smuggling operations. Provides for:
(1) increased alien detention facilities;
(2) additional district court judgeships; and
(3) a media campaign to inform the public of changes made by this Act including a multilingual media campaign explaining noncompliance penalties.
...Read the Rest