S.3112 - Javits-Wagner-O'Day and Randolph-Sheppard Modernization Act of 2008
A bill to reauthorize the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act and the Randolph-Sheppard Act, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Javits-Wagner-O'Day and Randolph-Sheppard Modernization Act of 2008 as introduced.
- Short: Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act as introduced.
- Short: Randolph-Sheppard Act as introduced.
- Official: A bill to reauthorize the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act and the Randolph-Sheppard Act, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 6
- All-Time: 5,249
Official Summary6/11/2008--Introduced.Javits-Wagner-O'Day and Randolph-Sheppard Modernization Act of 2008 - Establishes the Committee for the Advancement of Individuals with Disabilities. Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act - Reauthorizes the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act program providing for government pro
Javits-Wagner-O'Day and Randolph-Sheppard Modernization Act of 2008 - Establishes the Committee for the Advancement of Individuals with Disabilities. Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act - Reauthorizes the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act program providing for government procurement of goods and services from qualified nonprofit agencies for individuals who are blind or with significant disabilities. Directs the Committee to designate central nonprofit agencies to:
(1) facilitate government procurement of such goods and services;
(2) establish permanent Javits-Wagner-O'Day Endowment Funds; and
(3) makes grants or enter contracts with nonprofit agencies to carry out demonstration projects for the employment of students with significant disabilities. Randolph-Sheppard Act - Reauthorizes the Randolph-Sheppard Act program providing self-support opportunities to licensed vendors with disabilities through the operation of vending machines in federal facilities. (Currently, only blind individuals are provided such opportunities.) Directs the Committee to:
(1) identify new vending facility sites for licensed vendors; and
(2) provide for the designation of state licensing agencies to issue licenses to such vendors. Exempts contracts for the operation of full food service dining at Department of Defense (DOD) facilities from Javits-Wagner-O'Day program requirements. Gives equal priority to the award of such contracts to:
(1) a state licensing agency bidding for the contract under the Randolph-Sheppard Act program; and
(2) a small business concern, a HUBZone entity, an Alaska Native Corporation, and other socially-disadvantaged groups. Transfers to the Committee specified functions of the Commissioner of the Rehabilitation Services Administration of the Department of Education (relating to the Randolph-Sheppard Act program). Repeals former provisions of the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act and the Randolph-Sheppard Act.
...Read the Rest