S.3138 - Do-Not-Text Act of 2008
A bill to prohibit text message spam. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to prohibit text message spam. as introduced.
- Short: Do-Not-Text Act of 2008 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 6
- All-Time: 1,595
Official Summary6/16/2008--Introduced.Do-Not-Text Act of 2008 - Amends the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 to exclude from the definition of "mobile service commercial message" a commercial e-mail if the message's primary purpose is to: (1) facilitate, complete, or confirm a transaction between the me
Do-Not-Text Act of 2008 - Amends the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 to exclude from the definition of "mobile service commercial message" a commercial e-mail if the message's primary purpose is to:
(1) facilitate, complete, or confirm a transaction between the message recipient and the sender;
(2) provide warranty, recall, safety, or security information regarding the recipient's product or service;
(3) provide notice of a change in terms or conditions, a change in the status of the recipient, or account statements regarding a subscription, membership, account, loan, or comparable ongoing commercial relationship;
(4) provide information regarding an employment relationship or benefit plan in which the recipient is involved; or
(5) deliver goods or services, including updates or upgrades, that the recipient is entitled to receive.
Declares that provisions relating to the application of the Act to wireless do not prohibit:
(1) phone-to-phone short messages; and
(2) the sending of mobile service commercial messages by a mobile service provider to its subscribers at no cost to its subscribers unless a subscriber has expressed a desire not to receive such messages.
Amends the Communications Act of 1934 to require express prior authorization to send a mobile service commercial message to any person in the United States.
...Read the Rest