H.R.226 - Broadcaster Freedom Act of 2009
To prevent the Federal Communications Commission from repromulgating the fairness doctrine. view all titles (4)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To prevent the Federal Communications Commission from repromulgating the fairness doctrine. as introduced.
- Popular: Broadcaster Freedom Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Broadcaster Freedom Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Official: Broadcaster Freedom Act of 2009 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that support this bill:
- Commercial TV & radio stations Commercial TV & radio stations (close)
- Christian Conservative Christian Conservative (close)
- Abortion policy/Pro-Life Abortion policy/Pro-Life (close)
Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups
|Name||Amount Received||Vote On Passage|
|Rep. Michael T. McCaul [R, TX-10]||$37,500|
|Rep. Michele Bachmann [R, MN-6]||$31,150|
|Rep. Lamar Smith [R, TX-21]||$19,150|
|Rep. Xavier Becerra [D, CA-34]||$18,100|
|Rep. Christopher H. Smith [R, NJ-4]||$16,190|
|Rep. Stephen Lee Fincher [R, TN-8]||$14,650|
|Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R, FL-27]||$14,200|
|Rep. Charles B. Rangel [D, NY-13]||$13,000|
|Rep. Gene Green [D, TX-29]||$13,000|
|Rep. John D. Dingell [D, MI-12]||$12,000|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$40,100|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$34,650|
|Sen. Rob Portman [R, OH]||$28,696|
|Sen. John Thune [R, SD]||$24,100|
|Sen. Marco Rubio [R, FL]||$19,100|
|Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC]||$17,600|
|Sen. David Vitter [R, LA]||$15,100|
|Sen. John McCain [R, AZ]||$13,367|
|Sen. Johnny Isakson [R, GA]||$11,000|
|Sen. John Cornyn [R, TX]||$10,600|
Specific Organizations Supporting H.R.226
- National Association of Broadcasters
- National Right to Life Committee
- Family Research Council
- American Center for Law and Justice
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.