H.R.264 - Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to comprehensively reform immigration law, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Official: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to comprehensively reform immigration law, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009 as introduced.

Sxeptomaniac 12/07/2010 8:37am
in reply to beanwarrior Feb 10, 2009 6:23am

It would still be illegal. The bill just proposes treating it as a more minor crime punished by community service, rather than a felony punished by deportation.

Sxeptomaniac 12/07/2010 8:35am
in reply to myopencongress Jan 30, 2009 11:41am

This bill would not “automatically” give citizenship. It would take some time, scrutiny, and probably a fair amount of money to get it.

This wouldn’t be much of a reward, as it would take longer and require extra steps over the preferred method. Illegal status would still be illegal; the bill just treats it as a more minor crime, punished by community service rather than deportation.

If you have problems with what’s being proposed, at least debate those points, rather than setting up straw men to attack.

EqualJustice 06/24/2010 6:55am

I believe that all immigrants should ONLY be here legally. We are a nation of laws. Rewarding those who chose to commit a crime by crossing our border illegally is wrong. They should ALL be forced to return to their home country and handed application papers on the WAY OUT!
**If you came here illegally and had children here who then, fortunately, became citizens by birth, either take them with you or leave them. YOU made that choice for your own family.

raratb 05/29/2010 12:10pm

To Anonymous:
Is your concern really for the “burden” that this legislation would put on the Social Security system? You make one good point: People who are here illegally are not paying taxes and are sending money to foreign countries instead.
That is where your argument stops making sense. Wouldn’t giving those people a chance to get “on the books” actually help that strain on the system that you seem so worried about? Let them get documented, and start contributing to this society! There is no reason for that “go back where you came from” kind of talk. Immigrants are people too, yes even the ones who broke the law by coming here or staying here.
I agree that this legislation doesn’t adequately address the needs of people that are in the broken LEGAL immigration system, stuck somewhere between I-140 and H-1b or whatever; something is definitly missing here.

kombatandfw 04/23/2010 11:13am

I am willing to support this bill as soon as the Federal govt starts enforcing existing immigration laws and stops illegal immigration cold. After a period of 5 years, then resubmit this bill. I do not want one more dime spent on any immigration legislation until the existing laws are enforced. I am willing to take the budget of this bill and apply it to enforcing existing laws. I would also want to see an English language requirement in this bill.

polcat 04/12/2010 9:27am

We need to reform I.N.S. and at a time when the country’s economy can not sustain the job market needs for its own citizenry this is a horrible Bill. Moritorium not Amnesty or an increase of green cards and extension of Visas is typical of the Democratic Party seeking to buy more votes for their shrinking electorate.

kombatandfw 03/25/2010 9:39am

Why is it that these bills have items I abhor, with goodies we want. Split the bill. Take teh anmesty language out and put it inteh amnesty bill. Then other aspects of this bill are more supportable.

Illegal immigrants have to be somewhere, where is the bill that collects them and sends them home? Why don’t we see that type of bill?

ryandsmith 03/09/2010 9:39pm

This bill is still laying there waiting for the third attempt to push this though Congress. This has been going on since the 80`s. An attempt to break down the US borders has been a long slow effort. It has been supported by Dems and Reps before, depending on which party has got gusto to push the bill at any given time.

nohope 02/22/2010 8:30am

It’s time to clamp down on imagration and here in Calif were are over run with illegal’s that drain the economy and public health systems. There is already enough people in our country and with natural death/birth rates do no need to allow more people to migrate here.

I say NO to auto-naturalization of illegal’s.

Anonymous 02/20/2010 8:22am

ANOTHER UN PUSHED BILL NO NO NO…JUST LIKE U WANT THE USA TO COVER ALL OF MEXCIO WITH HEALTHCARE……U PEOPLE ARE ALL GOING TO BE VOTED OUT GOOD BYE

Anonymous 02/15/2010 5:41am

SECURE THE BOARDER….STOP WITH THE FONY STAGED DRUG WAR WE SEE RIGHT THREW IT….YOU HAVE NO MORE SECERTS ITS ALL OUT IN THE OPEN…..NO ONE WORLD CURRENCY…..NO AMERO DOLLAR,,,,YOU REALLY THINK WE DON’T SEE RIGHT THREW ALL THESE FALSE FLAG EVENTS…WE SEE WHAT THIS CRIMINAL GOVERMENT IS TRYING TO DO….DONOT PASS SHT THIS BANKER PUPPET WANTS……..YOUR ALL IN SERIOUS TROUBLE…YOUR ALL CRIMINALS TO THE REPUBLIC……SO KEEP IT UP SUIT BOYS!!!!…YOUR ALL ON RECORD WE WILL SEE WHO IS DOING WHAT….RUN ON FOR A LONG TIME,,RUN ON FOR A LONG TIME,,,BUT SOONER OR LATER THEIR GOING TO CUT YOU DOWN,,,SOONER OR LATER THEIR GOING TO CUT YOU DOWN..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 02/15/2010 5:33am

luckyp3616 02/12/2010 5:23pm

The immigration process is too hard. We put too many restrictions on who we welcome. I do not agree that we should “let everyone except the mexicans in,” as some people figure.

jsandi6751 02/07/2010 5:27pm

I think this bill ( if wants to be passed on both sides, house and senate) should actually be combined with HR:4321 the bill introduced in the house by R.Luis Gutierrez, according to this bill I’m reading now it says those who would be allowed to adjust status are the ones who has more than 5 years in the country, which will be a hugeeeeee mistake and the immigration issue will continue, I think that will be a reason why I’m not supporting this bill however I’m def supporting Hr4321.

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:53pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

EACH time these undocumented, uneducated, disloyal, and violent-minded mexicans come to our country illegally, they are QUICK to spawn a baby or 5.

THe reason for this is simple. Because the FASTER they plop out a baby cocaroach, the faster their anchor gets dug into the ground of our land. They KNOW that once they have a baby, they are safe to stay because of pathetic laws like this.

GOD HELP US.

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:52pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

GOD HELP US.

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:51pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

You know, JMEADEREP, I am 100% in agreement with you my friend.

It is very interesting that you mentioned “CHAIN MIGRATION.”

Because… as I just moved into a new apartment, I started to notice a cocaroach problem I have. The more I kill them, the more they appear.

It’s as if each one that I smash, I find another egg lying around. Then that egg spawns 100 little babies.

After those 100 babies are born, I manage to kill at the most 30.

The remaining 70 then spawn more babies.. and so on and so on.

This CHAIN MIGRATION you speak of reminds me a LOT like my immediate predicament.

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:45pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

AMEN my friend. AMEN.

Your words remind me of a once great spoken leader of our presses… Mr. Lou Dobbs.

Unfortunately, the masses of political correction and reverse racism were able to get him kicked off television after 35 years on CNN.

WTF is our country coming to when we FINALLY have outstanding reporters [on our supposed “bought-out” media outlets] speaking out against what is wrong with our nation, and suddenly getting kicked off of TV by the illegal COCKROACH majority in some ultra-liberal wings of our country.

JMeadeRep 02/04/2010 8:12am

Not surprising that a Democrat suggested this bill; statistically Hispanics vote Democratic. Like I said before, I have nothing against people wanting to come to this country. But it must be orderly, and it must be people who are so desirous to come here and to be a part of this country that they are willing to follow our laws!!

Save America — vote against this bill.

JMeadeRep 02/04/2010 8:12am

Legalizing all of the illegal aliens in this country would be disastrous. The Hispanic community currently in America is one of the least assimilated and least loyal to the United States. It has the highest incarceration rates and lowest education levels. Our current system provides for chain migration; any family members of citizens have free access to the United States, regardless of motive or qualifications. This bill suggests that not only do we DOUBLE the amount of immigrants allowed in each year, but we create a massive opening for more than quadrupling the levels — when all the illegals are legalized, they have the power to bring over any and all family members.

JMeadeRep 01/30/2010 9:34am

I understand why people would seek to come to this country. We should count our blessings and thank our Lord everyday that we were born in a country that allows us such freedom and prosperity.

I also believe that a country is nothing if its citizens do not respect it’s laws.

In order to become a citizen of the United States, you should have to care about this country. Not about profit, not about culture, but about this country. Flaunting the laws of this nation shows great disrespect not only for this country but for all of the hard working citizens here who came here legally and stay here legally.

I think our country should welcome people from all nations and cultures, but as I said, only if they are willing to respect our laws. Giving amnesty is not justice; it is injustice.

HarryONeil 01/11/2010 4:17pm

All this bill seems to do is create more boards, more appeals, more administrators and bureaucrats, the problem with our immigration system is that it is too complicated, any good immigration bill needs to be about simplification, not about creating a more complicated process

GunnyG 01/06/2010 6:37am

Pure dog shit from a halfwit Congcritter!

NO SCAMNESTY YOU MORONS!

Homebuilt7 01/06/2010 1:58am

Illegal aliens = undocumented democrats.

rksanderson 12/13/2009 3:28pm
in reply to Betonavette Nov 10, 2009 1:07pm

SJL is a disgrace to Houston and Texas, now working on the Nation.

justarius 12/08/2009 4:44am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 15, 2009 7:45am

I’m glad that you came here legally, and as long as you can remain here in legal status and a contributing member of society I hope that you will be granted your citizenship. Keep working for it.

justarius 12/08/2009 4:24am
in reply to myopencongress Jan 30, 2009 11:41am

I agree, crime should never be rewarded or sanctioned!

corina 11/11/2009 11:10am
in reply to Alexrusland Mar 16, 2009 7:56pm

not only illigals or legals make mistakes they are people too, US born make mistakes too some are bigger but where are they deported to?

Betonavette 11/10/2009 1:07pm

I’d like to ask Sheila Jacson Lee a question but the phone is ringing! Got to go! How’s it feel?

felish 10/07/2009 3:46pm

I am 18 years old and ive been here for five years.I came here on a visa at age thirteen and overstayed. At 13 years old i had no control over my own life. I came here to live with my dad (who was illegal) and my step mother (who’s legal). My father got deported a few years ago and him and my step mother is no loger together. A year after my father left my step mother decided that she didnt want me around anymore. so she shiped me to live with a aunt in another state. I graduated high school at age 16 and i currently have my diploma. Being “illegal” has prevented me from many opportunites that this country that i love so much, has to offer. it hurts seeing all my friends and family members moving on with life while im stuck in a box. My visa have been expired. All family that i ever knew is living here legally, im the only one in my familty with this issue.i would love to get a job and go back to school because it kills me that i cant be independent and do things.I just want a chance.