H.R.264 - Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009

To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to comprehensively reform immigration law, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Official: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to comprehensively reform immigration law, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Save America Comprehensive Immigration Act of 2009 as introduced.

myopencongress 01/30/2009 11:41am

We do not want a bill that will automatically give citizenship to all of the people who have broken United States laws and entered the U.S.A. illegally. Nor do we want to automatically give citizenship to their children. All people who want to be in the USA need to apply for citizenship and obey the laws of this nation. If an American were to go to another country and break the laws we would not expect them to say it’s ok and provide for all our social and medical needs. Breaking the law should never be rewarded.

Anonymous 02/26/2009 6:27am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 05, 2009 1:54am

It provides a path to legaization in which four years and nine month after approval the former ILLEGAL alien can now naturalize and become an USC.
If you boil down the elements he is correct “that will automatically give citizenship” just have to file, pay the fee and pass an simple exam.
Why reward those who entered illegally many financing drug smugglers and terrorist with their payments to coyotes? Should we not reward those who awaited legally outside the US for their number to come up?
What message do you want to send the world, come to the US illegally and jump in front of those who do things the legal way?

beanwarrior 02/10/2009 6:23am

Is the word Illegal not understood?
Their first act is to enter the US and knowingly violate the law by either entering without inspection, or overstaying a visa.
Why should the US people reward them by allowing them status because they evaded the law long enough?

Anonymous 02/15/2009 7:45am

Long story “simplyfairness” but you are a good example for all “legal aliens” (not permanent resident aliens) in the US that struggle to maintain legal status, spending thousands of dollars on immigration lawyers and plane tickets for visa stamp renewals. I’m a legal “alien” myself, living in the country since 2003, I’m paying my taxes have never had a problem with the law and I’m teaching american students, yet somehow there seems to no way for me to gain the right for permanent residence (green card). I welcome the plan to grant permant residence to all legal aliens that lived in the US for at least 5 years. I will truly loose my faith in the US immigration system though, if they will start to legalize all illegal immigrants without helping all legal immigrants first that are stuck here in a web of bureaucracy and back log nightmare immigration law…..

JimmyDean 03/02/2009 9:16am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 13, 2009 8:06am

The people who enter the USA illegaly have broken the law of this land and therefore have a criminal history. Illegal is not within the law

justarius 12/08/2009 4:24am
in reply to myopencongress Jan 30, 2009 11:41am

I agree, crime should never be rewarded or sanctioned!

Anonymous 02/18/2009 9:00am

It is so embarrassing. People who are illegal here for more than 5 years will get green card but people who are legally here for 4 years gets nothing.

Is this what you get when you follow rules? What the heck is wrong with policy makers.

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:51pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

You know, JMEADEREP, I am 100% in agreement with you my friend.

It is very interesting that you mentioned “CHAIN MIGRATION.”

Because… as I just moved into a new apartment, I started to notice a cocaroach problem I have. The more I kill them, the more they appear.

It’s as if each one that I smash, I find another egg lying around. Then that egg spawns 100 little babies.

After those 100 babies are born, I manage to kill at the most 30.

The remaining 70 then spawn more babies.. and so on and so on.

This CHAIN MIGRATION you speak of reminds me a LOT like my immediate predicament.

JMeadeRep 02/04/2010 8:12am

Legalizing all of the illegal aliens in this country would be disastrous. The Hispanic community currently in America is one of the least assimilated and least loyal to the United States. It has the highest incarceration rates and lowest education levels. Our current system provides for chain migration; any family members of citizens have free access to the United States, regardless of motive or qualifications. This bill suggests that not only do we DOUBLE the amount of immigrants allowed in each year, but we create a massive opening for more than quadrupling the levels — when all the illegals are legalized, they have the power to bring over any and all family members.

Anonymous 02/15/2009 2:05pm

some of you are not getting the point to the visas you came here on. none of the visas you have are immigrant visas. you got the visa knowing you were going to go home and that eventually you would be asked to leave. just because this country chooses to invite a few of you to leave does not give you the right to expect the right to remain here. you came expecting to stay, the disappointment is your own fault.

jnreid 04/16/2009 6:39pm

I agree: Increased border patrols, customs officers, immigration officials.

“They were here for 5 years ILLEGALLY and they never killed anyone, so they can be citizens now!” is no compromise.

My husband and step son immigrated legally. I had to spend nearly 2 years away from them while we went through the process, and there is no excuse or sob story on this earth that will move me to change my views. If you want to be in the USA then you do it legally. If you are here illegally go home until you figure out how to enter legally with a valid visa! Understand your responsibilities as an immigrant/legal resident, know what sort of visa you want/have, and how to adjust your status when it is time. We did our immigration without lawyers or any sort of mediator/helper and had no problems! I worked 3 jobs to sponsor his immigration and pay the fees, I don’t want to hear any excuses as to why others cannot do the same. Anything in life worth having is worth working hard to attain.

Anonymous 02/08/2009 11:54pm

They only reason that an illegal alien does not have at least one arrest is because he has not been found yet. Illegal means just that-illegal, against the law. How can one be in good standing when the very act that brought here was against the law-illegal entry? Do we forgive that crime as long as they have managed to avoid the police? Do we give thiefs, rapists, murderers a freebie for their first crime? Why do we do it for illegal aliens?

Anonymous 02/26/2009 6:56am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 18, 2009 11:06am

What is a duel intent visa, never heard of that. I thought the State Department only issued immigrant and non-immigrant visas. The duel intent are in the minds of those coming to the US and if you disclose that at the time of the issue of any non-immigrant visa you would be DENIED as an intended immigrant.

Anonymous 02/26/2009 6:33am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 13, 2009 8:06am

Why would you give it to anyone without US ties.
Would I also be eligible for legaization should I have entered legally and then overstayed for five years of worked without the proper permission for five years after a leagal entry into the US?

This too would constitute illegal behavior and a disregard for all US law!

What dreams would it save, the dream to pay taxes and have less money to send back to my home country? What most are proud of is getting over on safely committing a crime and being rewarded for it while raping and pillaging the GREAT US!

HarryONeil 01/11/2010 4:17pm

All this bill seems to do is create more boards, more appeals, more administrators and bureaucrats, the problem with our immigration system is that it is too complicated, any good immigration bill needs to be about simplification, not about creating a more complicated process

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:52pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

EACH time these undocumented, uneducated, disloyal, and violent-minded mexicans come to our country illegally, they are QUICK to spawn a baby or 5.

THe reason for this is simple. Because the FASTER they plop out a baby cocaroach, the faster their anchor gets dug into the ground of our land. They KNOW that once they have a baby, they are safe to stay because of pathetic laws like this.

GOD HELP US.

Anonymous 02/16/2009 12:21pm

Well, given our present economy – if this bill goes through creating such a path to lawful permanent residence and of course citizenship following that, how are we going to prepare for what may or may not be left of our social security system? We have millions of illegals living in this country working to make money they don’t even put back into our economy – - they send it back HOME! Check Western Union, the numbers don’t lie. The ones that have come to live in this country illegally have totally burdened our school systems, medical systems, criminal justice systems, etc… Unless these individuals are willing or forced to make up for all they have taken away from our economy for years…. yes all the years they have committed such thievery, I don’t see this being able to work for us or being any kind of a benefit to this country. The only good thing about our bad economy is that these people are going back to their home countries. Thank you very much!

Tired0fTheBullshit 02/04/2010 9:45pm
in reply to JMeadeRep Feb 04, 2010 8:12am

AMEN my friend. AMEN.

Your words remind me of a once great spoken leader of our presses… Mr. Lou Dobbs.

Unfortunately, the masses of political correction and reverse racism were able to get him kicked off television after 35 years on CNN.

WTF is our country coming to when we FINALLY have outstanding reporters [on our supposed “bought-out” media outlets] speaking out against what is wrong with our nation, and suddenly getting kicked off of TV by the illegal COCKROACH majority in some ultra-liberal wings of our country.

Anonymous 02/18/2009 11:06am

This is ridiculous. I am living in this country for last 10 years LEGALLY on a dual intent visa and my immigration petition is pending for last 5 years and the way it is going on I would not get it before atleast 8 to 9 years. And these people, who KNOWLINGLY broke law to enter the country illegally or overstayed KNOWINGLY (in most cases) will get green card happily in just 5 years? How disgusting.

What about people who chose to do the right thing, applied for visa, maintained the status and have been waiting for their application to be approved for YEARS?

helmofs 07/25/2009 5:10pm

This bill will do nothing but make the U.S. an even greater MAGNET FOR ILLEGALS. We should NEVER be rewarding ILLEGAL behavior by EASING THE WAY! Illegals should be RETURNED HOME to get in LINE behind those who are attempting to immigrate LEGALLY! Whoever thinks that legal aliens are paying the bulk of our TAXES has been drinking some pretty STRONG KOOL-AID! WAKE UP AMERICA! Reward the LEGAL IMMIGRANT and NOT the ILLEGAL ONE!

JMeadeRep 02/04/2010 8:12am

Not surprising that a Democrat suggested this bill; statistically Hispanics vote Democratic. Like I said before, I have nothing against people wanting to come to this country. But it must be orderly, and it must be people who are so desirous to come here and to be a part of this country that they are willing to follow our laws!!

Save America — vote against this bill.

Anonymous 02/18/2009 4:49pm

ALL LEGAL IMMIGRANTS:

You have been paying all the taxes for years. Contact the representatives in Congress to oppose HR 264. If you cannot contact them, don’t complain here. Dont complain that you have been paying SS and Medicare taxes for 10 years without getting a dime back. Contact Congress to respect legal immigrants more than illegal immigrants.

These politician guys just care about illegals because they are their vote bank. Nobody cares about legal immigrants in US. Go raise your voice before illegals gain everything in this bill. This bill also makes hard to get legal immigration i.e. EB by imposing new limits. Go get to work and raise your voice now. RESPECT LEGAL IMMIGRATION

JMeadeRep 01/30/2010 9:34am

I understand why people would seek to come to this country. We should count our blessings and thank our Lord everyday that we were born in a country that allows us such freedom and prosperity.

I also believe that a country is nothing if its citizens do not respect it’s laws.

In order to become a citizen of the United States, you should have to care about this country. Not about profit, not about culture, but about this country. Flaunting the laws of this nation shows great disrespect not only for this country but for all of the hard working citizens here who came here legally and stay here legally.

I think our country should welcome people from all nations and cultures, but as I said, only if they are willing to respect our laws. Giving amnesty is not justice; it is injustice.

justarius 12/08/2009 4:44am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 15, 2009 7:45am

I’m glad that you came here legally, and as long as you can remain here in legal status and a contributing member of society I hope that you will be granted your citizenship. Keep working for it.

dh1887 03/01/2009 1:16pm

I wish everyone would read the whole bill before commenting. There is some good that will come from this bill and protect some Federal Workers and go back to the way it was before the implentation of the great monster called DHS.

ryandsmith 03/09/2010 9:39pm

This bill is still laying there waiting for the third attempt to push this though Congress. This has been going on since the 80`s. An attempt to break down the US borders has been a long slow effort. It has been supported by Dems and Reps before, depending on which party has got gusto to push the bill at any given time.

nohope 02/22/2010 8:30am

It’s time to clamp down on imagration and here in Calif were are over run with illegal’s that drain the economy and public health systems. There is already enough people in our country and with natural death/birth rates do no need to allow more people to migrate here.

I say NO to auto-naturalization of illegal’s.

polcat 04/12/2010 9:27am

We need to reform I.N.S. and at a time when the country’s economy can not sustain the job market needs for its own citizenry this is a horrible Bill. Moritorium not Amnesty or an increase of green cards and extension of Visas is typical of the Democratic Party seeking to buy more votes for their shrinking electorate.

Anonymous 02/20/2010 8:22am

ANOTHER UN PUSHED BILL NO NO NO…JUST LIKE U WANT THE USA TO COVER ALL OF MEXCIO WITH HEALTHCARE……U PEOPLE ARE ALL GOING TO BE VOTED OUT GOOD BYE

NonSheeple 03/09/2009 2:00pm

I think it is unconsciously ignorant and offensive to expect that after breaking a primary federal immigration law (illegal entry) one would expect ANY legal consideration or special treatment. California has been brought to its knees trying to support Mexico’s rightful obligations. Let that be the example and hard learned lesson to the rest of the nation!