H.R.2998 - American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009

To create clean energy jobs, achieve energy independence, reduce global warming pollution and transition to a clean energy economy. view all titles (4)

• Official: To create clean energy jobs, achieve energy independence, reduce global warming pollution and transition to a clean energy economy. as introduced.
  • Popular: American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: National Climate Service Act of 2009 as introduced.

• skipster17 06/26/2009 2:07pm

One more nail in the coffin of the American dream… One more tool for President Obama and the Kool-Aid drinking Congress to use to exert total control over every aspect of American society and to convert this nation from an economic superpower into a developing third-world toilet…

The most important piece of legislation to come before congress in the last 100 years and these people are being forced to vote on it without time to read it or debate it for more than a couple of hours…

Insanity. Absolute insanity! Fire the lot of ’em….

• ldeheer 06/26/2009 2:18pm

It is hard to imagine a USA in which this ligislation is actually happening, and all we hear about is Michael Jackson. This bill establishes a far greater tyranny than King George ever imagined, and its passage would call for a second American Revolution. The “science” of man made global warming is a fraud promoted and preserved by grant hungry academics and power crazed politicians. Get past the smoke and mirrors and the evidence is almost exclusively contrary. And yet the dumbed down, public school educated, unthinking and ignorant American public are led like lambs to the slaughter. As William Holden said in Bridge on the River Kwai, “Madness, Madness”.

• Chevytman 06/26/2009 2:20pm

Where do i go to see if my Rep voted for this and the list of republicans that voted for it?

chesterar 06/26/2009 2:51pm

HERE

or

risingerjoy 07/07/2009 8:38am

What state are you from? I don’t remember the sight I went to but I printed the list of how everyone voted. Today I will list the Republicans who voted yes and the one who abstained from voting. Those nine votes would have beat the Democrats by ONE VOTE.

• Whackamole 06/26/2009 2:22pm

I know 8 Republicans that will immediately be Served Notice via pink slip – your fired. Plus those that purposefully abstained. And for the first time ever I will be writing the Democrats who voted NO to say thankyou – for caring about your country. We have a protest march planned for the 4th of July – all over the country AND Washington DC … perhaps this will let the Senate know we aren’t fooling around any longer.

chesterar 06/26/2009 2:53pm

Bono Mack (CA) 202-225-5330
    Castle (DE) 202-225-4165
    Kirk (IL) 202-225-4835
    Lance (NJ) 202-225-5361
    Lobiondo (NJ) 202-225-6572
    McHugh (NY) 202-225-4611
    Reichart (WA) 202-225-7761
    Chris Smith (NJ) 202-225-3765

amandacaudill 06/26/2009 3:06pm

What protest? I would like to get in on this…email me @ amandacaudill@gmail.com

baparks31 06/26/2009 4:36pm

I would like the list of AYE / ABSTAIN voting Republicans and like you would like to thank DEMS that voted NAY. Post them when you get them. I’m trying to find them now.

• ConservativeFLrunner 06/26/2009 2:27pm

BTW there is a list on marklevinshow.com of all undecided reps. I pestered them all morning. This is working! Several said that they were voting no due the level of calls they had received. Several others had decided to vote no prior to my calls, and only a few were still endecided. I made sure the undecided ones knew (politely) how we the people feel about it!! Keep up the calls! If it makes it to Senate… let’s SLAM them!!!!

• ConservativeFLrunner 06/26/2009 2:30pm

“perhaps this will let the Senate know we aren’t fooling around any longer”.
    Right on 100%whackamole!

• chesterar 06/26/2009 2:31pm

This bill is supposed to make the difference equivalent to .1 of 1% of 1° over the next 100 years.

This bill IS NOT about global cooling, which it’s been doing the past 10 years. It’s about power and transferrence of wealth out of Americans and into politicians’ hands.

• ilene2theright1 06/26/2009 2:33pm

to ConservativeFLrunner- thank you for that link- now we can see if all the ‘noise’ did help the undecided come to their senses. If not it is a great _ _ _ list!

• chesterar 06/26/2009 2:33pm

Got my warmings and coolings mixed up. The bill is not about global warming. The planet has been cooling for the past 10 years.

• ConservativeFLrunner 06/26/2009 2:43pm

As far as the calls go. I never got through to the Capital Hill number. It was always busy. I ended up going to each House members web-site (via this web-site) where I had some luck with the DC office numbers, but mostly with thier local offices. A lot of thier sites that you were directed to via “contact us” were down this morning. Might have crashed under volume.
    To hear that our calls impacted thier decision, makes it all worth it!
    Also Thanks to Mark Levin for the list!

• hyjamon 06/26/2009 2:51pm

I have been reading the document and there is mention of Title V permits yet there is no Title V? is this legal or a valid document to vote on?

• amandacaudill 06/26/2009 3:05pm

wants to first off thank John Boehner for the great opposition speach of HR 2454, secondly I’d like to thank Democrats FOR F’ING UP MY FUTURE! Cap and trade will affect you, the consumer, shortly. Hello skyrocketed taxes on electricity, gasoline, utilities, food production, manufacturing, good bye affordable future. The aforementioned industries will be taxed hard core, causing prices on their products to inflate…For those of you who think cap and trade was a good idea, you just hurt the average American. Gasoline is going to skyrocket, its not like we can afford it as is…propane will go up, people will be COLD this winter, electricity will inflate, people will be cutting costs and barely surviving this. You should be ashamed you voted for this. You just caused the price of living to double without the pay raise.

• bartman44 06/26/2009 3:07pm

Just like the stimulus bill, this oversized bill, full of gotchas, has been rammed down the throats of Congress by Pelosi and company who have absolutely no regard for the financial damage it will do to this economy, particularly in these troubled times. This is an empt bill, fattening up the select few at the expense of all taxpayers. I am ashamed of the ones that supporeted this bill. Many of them voted in a fashion to increase their politcal capital rather than their conscience. The Senate, hopefully, will kill this beast of burden.

• Angel98501 06/26/2009 4:39pm

Even N.A.S.A. says humans have negligible effect on the ’Earth’s Climate. This is Communism, pure and simple just change the ‘Proletariat’ with ‘Earth’ comrade; However, Communism still fails whichever way you slice it. Lets try something new, instead of rehashing old failed ideas from the past. By ‘new’ I mean something like the Fair Tax Act {H.R. 25 or S.RES. 296}; And, actually protecting doctors from most of the litigation, so their insurance premiums drop and they can ‘charge’ less for health care.

• floridasandy 06/26/2009 4:59pm

Make sure you let those who voted in favor of the bill that they will not be getting reelected. This is our mission to throw these bums out. If they don’t want to listen to the will of the people, the hell with them.

• lolmao500 06/26/2009 5:03pm

Great 30 minutes speech on how outrageous the bill is by Boehner.

We need the whole thing on youtube before the senate gets the bill.

Congress is bought and paid for…. voting for this crap even if nobody red the bill = treason.

• chfreeman 06/26/2009 5:39pm

We the People of the United States are not being listen to by the nuts in congress. The sad part of all the this is that the Average American does not have the CASH/RESOURSES to run for Congress. God help us all.

• CowboyRick 06/26/2009 6:05pm

Cap and TRADE is very wrong-definite sign of the “CHANGE” that O’Bama was referring to and it is time to stop him right now-he could be the first President with a total of 3 years “LAME DUCK” sessions if played right!!!

• phans4u 06/28/2009 11:31am

Why are these creatures so adamant about hastening the death of America; and the Global Economic Collapse? AND—why was this bill, formerly named 2454 Changed, then rushed thru, with an additional 1200 pages that no one read—AND, why did they need to do this on a Friday nite, when the news cycle was ended for the week—AND, why, when this bill is wildly unpopular—as with the Banker Bailout bill, passed—AND, why do these people believe that they will get away with this, when the American populace is Already at the boiling point? Never mind the fact that these guys are going to be voted out of office…how about Busted Kneecaps; Overturned Garbage cans; Smashed Windows, and kidnapped family members? Not that I, Personally would do any of those things, nor endorse them; I’m just thinking about possibilities…
    AND—why in hell did 2 Republicans, and Alcee Hastings—the Impeached Federal Judge—abstain from this vote?

• pitchlock 06/28/2009 12:46pm

I thought this was a Democracy, rather that a Dictatorship be cause there was NO Republican Sponsor to the Bill , Just TWO Democrat’s or should I say Dictator wana-be’s.

• daftchemicals 06/28/2009 2:09pm

I can’t believe that congress would vote – and people CELEBRATE the death to Amerika. Why on Earth would someone in their right mind VOTE on a bill that just added 600 pages to it that they were not even able to read? Why does this not show a red flag to 219 people? Even if you liked the ORIGINAL bill, which was terrible in its own right, why would you agree blindly to 600 more pages of a bill? Vote first, then read?

Is this the new Freedom?

I’ll be discussing this on my radio show Tuesday. If anyone can tell me what was in those 600 pages that were so important they could not even be read, please call me on the show! I really want this info.

My radio show is at: www.blogtalkradio.com/proofnegative & I am on Tuesdays 7pm-9pm.

Thank you guys!

• daftchemicals 06/28/2009 2:12pm

BTW, I voted “NAY” on this when it was at 229 NAYS at 1:40pm PST. I voted then, and looked 2 1/2 hours later & it is STILL 229 without even counting my vote. Are we now being censored? Or is it just broken?

• lolmao500 07/02/2009 3:46am

UPDATE: THEY GONNA TRY TO PASS IT IN THE SENATE THIS MONDAY.

And the bills allow HOME INSPECTIONS. And if you don’t agree, you’ll face fines.

• risingerjoy 07/07/2009 8:36am

There were nine Republicans who sold us down the river on this bill. If they had not sold us out, the bill would not have passed. Eight jumped ship and the other had to go watch his daughter in a beauty pagent which was much more important then helping to stop the largest tax increase in American history. To abstain from voting is like a yes vote. Just wanted to say thanks to those Rebublicans who bailed and jumped sides, what is the pay off for your state for vote with the Democrats?

• barefoothandyman 07/09/2009 3:03pm

Short sighted whiners. We Americans are spoiled and lazy. We use more energy than any other country. It’s time we start paying the piper. I see support for energy sources that WILL run out in if not our lifetime then our children’s and grandchildren’s lifetimes. We may not see the returns immediately which I guess all of you expect. Change for the better is rarely fast and easy but that is all we Americans expect anymore. I agree we are rushing this bill through. It should be carefully studied but the right motivation is there. Where the HUGE mistake was made was the bailing out of the companies that were too big to fail. They failed anyway and now my great grandchildren will be paying the bill. Bad business needs to fail. Let capitalism work!