H.R.3200 - America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009

America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 view all titles (5)

• Official: America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as reported to house.

Displaying 361-390 of 2046 total comments.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Filtered Comment [ show ]

jontando 08/08/2009 10:40pm

How’s your government provided health care from your Navy affiliation working out for you?

ajwz24 08/10/2009 11:59am

they’re not in the Navy… never were in the navy. they are a “navy brat”… because one or more parents were in the navy, but never served. When they were growing up, I’m sure their healthcare was the best in the world, which it is today, because I get healthcare from the VA.

emsterba 08/11/2009 3:04pm

i was wondering the same damned thing a few years ago when dub-ya wreaked havoc not only on our country but on the world with his little game o’ war.

lux113 08/11/2009 10:07pm

right… because we are at WAR!!!! give me a break.. we are just trying to give our fellow Americans affordable health insurance (not illegal aliens by the way, there’s a specific clause in the bill denying them the option)

But anyway… no, we are not at war… we want people to be able to get treated when they are sick. It’s about the most moral thing in the world… and you are talking about having to go to war with the government? For what…? trying to heal people?..

When I see how Americans really are… how greedy and cruel – it makes me wonder why I care.

mazdastuff 08/09/2009 7:09pm

Can’t agree more. They provide themselves the best of everything and insist on forcing THEIR will upon us. Forget about following Party Lines and follow your heart. No more re-electing incumbents. Career Politicians have brought this upon themselves. The Change I am Hoping for is Single Term Volunteers.

But we need to keep telling them, When they participate in the same programs as what they want us to be in…then we can talk. Health Care, Social Security, all of it. Enough of this DO AS I SAY…NOT AS I DO!

lux113 08/11/2009 10:12pm

You do realize that the congress has government health care.. right? The whole idea is providing us with an option similar to theirs. Your bizarre ‘do as I say.. not as I do’ is completely confusing.

sjheine 08/12/2009 3:15am

Congress does NOT have government health care insurance!!! The government simply pays the premiums for whatever PRIVATE insurance the representative or senator chooses. If you don’t believe me, just ask your representative or senator.

midgiesmom 08/10/2009 8:56am

And IF they’re going to be exempt from it, then are THEY GOING TO PAY EXTRA TAXES? THAT’S WHAT THE OFFICIAL SUMMARY SAYS WILL HAPPEN TO ANYONE WHO DOESN’T CARRY SOME KIND OF HEALTHCARE COVERAGE:

“Amends the Internal Revenue Code to impose a tax on:
    (1) an individual without coverage under a health benefits plan”

Yeah, right.

lux113 08/11/2009 10:15pm

and yes.. they would have to pay the extra taxes same as anyone else if they had no insurance.

although I don’t know what this has to do with it.

abaratar 08/12/2009 11:35am

it is in the bill that congress is exempt from this law. As are Jehovah witnes, the Amish and a few other religious groups.

horowitz 08/13/2009 4:46pm

The reason our health insurance premiums are so high is because of uninsured people. When someone without health insurance goes to the emergency room they are unable to pay for their treatment so that cost is passed on to us. So if everyone had insurnace we would not have that problem and it would save us some money.

la1401 08/13/2009 5:06pm

It might save the hospitals money, but not US. We will still be paying for these peoples healthcare through TAXES. Just because the GOVERNMENT is paying for it doesn’t make it FREE.

Haniel 08/10/2009 7:16pm

How can people this stupid walk the street without a minder on a daily basis?

I tell you what…you want “LESS” government? then get your kids the hell out of the schools that we support, don’t call the cops when a crime is committed against you. If your house happens to catch on fire, don’t bother calling the fire department, and for God’s sake get your car off the government roads.

The problem with people like you is that you don’t THINK. I guess its too much of a strain for you. You disgust me thoroughly. If you hate America sooooooo much, if you don’t want people to have affordab;e health care, if you are so opposed to the principle of LIFE LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, then get the hell OUT of MY country and move to communist CHINA you monosyllabic nit wit.

terrencep 08/11/2009 10:56am

I do want less government!

My daughter went to a private school, which I paid for at the same time my tax dollars were going to the public schools!

So far, God bless, no crimes have been committed against me in my 56 years on this earth, but if they were, it would be police officers FROM MY TOWN who came to help, not some bureaucrat in Washington that showed up.

My house did catch on fire once! The VOLUNTEER fire department came to put it out and they were GREAT! It was a community effort!

If the Federal government didn’t impose a gasoline tax, and then withhold the revenues from that, our roads would be just fine because the people actually using them would be the people paying to keep them up!

CAN I THINK NOW? Or do you want me to beg the Feds for the rights that the Constitution GUARANTEES me, as well?

lux113 08/11/2009 10:30pm

You just don’t get it. Do you appreciate it that we have armies that protect you? Why do you like their protection…? why would you want government interfering in your life? The less government the better, right? So if that’s the case.. try living here without defense. Don’t like the government interfering in your life? What about the FDA? The darn food and drug administration making rules about their not being rat droppings in your food – setting those horrible rules and regulations! They need to stop interfering with your life… right?

Give it up.

Many things in your life have been vastly improved – by government. Whether you admit it or not.

abaratar 08/12/2009 2:54pm

Why does the US need a standing army? No one in their right mind would invade this nation, American Citizens have bought more guns since Obama has been elected then are owned by the Indian and Chinese armies.

If we would mind our our business people would not want to attack us, remember Japan did not attack us on US soil because they were scared of the armed US populous. We defeated the British with out a standing army. We won world war one and word war 2 with out a standing army, in fact we have not won a single war since the standing army was created in 1945. We had more victories before we had a standing army.

terrencep 08/14/2009 10:45am

Excuse me, but why does it have to be the FEDERAL government doing those things? We have SOVEREIGN STATE governments that we can turn to, do we not? Oh, sorry, apparently we don’t any more!

Yes, I want them out of my life! I don’t want them making my decisions for me. I don’t want them putting up roadblocks for me. I don’t want them making life more difficult for me every time I turn around.

Benjamin Franklin said that ‘those who would trade safety for liberty deserve neither.’ I agree whole-heartedly.

nwaprogrammer 08/21/2009 5:45am

Excellent point. By the miss-application of the commerce provisions of the constitution they have taken control from the state governments as they have felt like it. Also note that not one government official or entity has stated that they have done a review to see if this bill is constitutional?

Bredman 08/12/2009 6:21am

This is a knee-jerk reaction by so many people on this post. Instead of having the “Government” step in and institute stability and limits to this out-of-control health care system, you would rather have insurance companies making decisions on your health care in the name of profit, yet many of you are driving a “cash-4-clunkers” program car?

abaratar 08/12/2009 11:36am

can you please explain what cars have to do with a health care plan, I am lost.

terrencep 08/14/2009 11:04am

No, actually, I’d like to see tort reform so people can’t sue for megamillions of dollars that just get passed on to everyone else. You can do much more for lowering the cost of health care by working from that standpoint.

Frankly, the only people I want making decisions on my health care are me and my doctor. It’s nobody else’s business! Least of all the federal government. I am not their servant!

paulaciero123 08/14/2009 11:51am

Have you read the bill? It’s about insurance companies controling your coverage. Do you even have health insurance?

abaratar 08/14/2009 1:11pm

your account is 6 hours old, that is not enough time to read the bill that means you are a troll, your opinion does not count.

mqpoppell 08/14/2009 2:32pm

The bill is available in more than one place. I can be on here one minute and have read the bill.

nwaprogrammer 08/21/2009 5:51am

I’ve read the bill, it’s about a government bureaucrat telling us what they’ll cover and if you’re an insurance company that wants to participate as an exchange provider; the government telling them what they have to cover. Oh, lets not forget that if I don’t want coverage the government tells me they will tax my wages at a higher rate.

nejgam 08/21/2009 9:23am

I’ve read the bill also, and I think you are misrepresenting “telling us what they’ll cover” (as in what procedures, etc.). The bill proposes to set standards for insurance – kinda like saying to the insurance companies, ‘if you want to participate you have to have these minimum standards in the insurance you offer’ – I don’t see anything wrong w/that. I also don’t get everyone getting all hot and bothered about the government requiring people to have health insurance (or pay a penalty/surcharge) — if you don’t have insurance, and you end up critically ill, you’re going to end up in an emergency room, and SOMEONE has to pay for that (and don’t give me crap that you’ll pay for it yourself – that’s highly unlikely). Plus, don’t all states require that you have auto insurance if you own a car? Again, that’s so that some joker doesn’t get involved in a catastrophic accident and have no financial means for the victims to recover. I don’t see anyone crying about that.

horowitz 08/13/2009 4:18pm

The members of congress and Obama are exempt for enrolling in this plan because they already have health insurance. The public option the Obama has been talking about will give us the opportunity to buy into the same plan congress is using right now. So it wouldn’t make sense to require members of congress to enroll in a plan that they are already enrolled.

abaratar 08/14/2009 1:45am