H.R.3200 - America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009

America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 view all titles (5)

• Official: America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as reported to house.

Displaying 271-300 of 2046 total comments.

abaratar 08/19/2009 8:08pm

1. in Germany people pay 14-18% of they income to mandatory health insurnace not 8.

2.“Of the 7,000 foreign-trained interns and residents now in the U.S., 6,000 are exchange students, and theoretically must go home when their time is up” in other words for every 7,000 foreign doctor we train in the US, 6,000 are sent to foreign countries.

oh and the money spent on the training of foreign doctors counts as money spent on US health care

Just good to read http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/1095742/13_per_cent_of_cdntrained_doctors_working_in_us_likely/index.html

NoMoney2FELONSamongUS 09/15/2009 5:57am

> Where have all the American doctors gone

into private practice.. where they accept no insurance.

jimprjayp 08/18/2009 1:44am

“More people paying in will lower the cost for everyone! And the penalties are for people and families and businesses that don’t buy into some kind of coverage. If you are in any plan, no penalty will be assessed.”

A)Why should I be penalized for wanting better coverage?

B)This statement is false. It theoretically works with a single payer system, but not the way it’s written. The well-substantiated facts of socialized health care is that it sucks. Ask anyone on medicaid. And the other definition is what you have bought. Hope you like it.

Side note: The thing about a theory is the definition:a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world; an organized system of accepted knowledge OR theory (marketed in lower-case letters) is a New York-based men’s and women’s contemporary sportswear fashion label known for its clean-line and luxuriously simple clothes and accessories. Theory merchandise is sold.

scottowego 08/19/2009 6:37am

DKennedy 08/19/2009 12:52pm

support Howard Dean’s petition for a public option!

StandwithDrDean.com

abaratar 08/23/2009 4:21pm

“Currently my insurance premiums go up a little over $360.00 a year. I’m self employed with a $3000.00 deductible. If this keeps up, in a year or two I won’t be able to afford health insurance at all. I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed and pray I don’t get sick. And if I do get a serious illness I’d probably lose my house. I’m 100% for a Single Payer option. I don’t mind paying but this is becoming a losing battle.”

Scottowego, are you aware that if this bill passes your premium will triple? how are you gong to be able to afford that?

paulaciero123 08/14/2009 8:37am

I work in health care and it is the insurance companies that have driven the cost of care up. It’s a snow ball effect. The insurance company only pays for so much. Who do you thinks pays for the rest?

nwaprogrammer 08/21/2009 5:10am

I have a relative in health care. And in a MISLEADING way, you are correct that insurance companies are raising costs. They raise the cost to the doctors who pass it on to the patient because doctors a getting frivolous lawsuits brought against then constantly, and as a result their liability insurance goes up constantly.

Start costs savings with tort reform.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Sarazona1313 08/11/2009 1:12pm

The return on your investment is HEALTH CARE, duh. Moreover, it is health care for all. You are not the only person living in this country and if you are only looking at your best interests than I feel sorry for you. No one should be satisfied with their health care while so many Americans are left out in the cold with no access to doctors and medicine.

Work in the insurance industry with no insurance for a while like I did. Watch people get denied coverage and assistance for really no better reason than to keep from spending the money. Watch a $20,000.00 surgery get turned into a $110,000.00 surgery in the interest of making money for these private corporations you are so keen to continue to support. Maybe then you will see why our tax dollars should be used to support every citizen who is contributing to this nation.

Sarazona1313 08/11/2009 1:12pm

CONTINUED…

We don’t have a health care system, we have a very clever system for sucking money out of the American people. You don’t need a new car, or a big screen TV, or any of the luxuries Americans have come to expect, but you’re sure as hell going to need that lung transplant, or that diagnostic test, or that life saving medicine. Which is what makes insurance such a great money making venture. Go ahead, be apart of that. Support the evil that preys on our nation’s sick and dying. God bless America!

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Hakib 08/13/2009 8:25am

Not everything you see on “House, M.D.” is real life.

If you can’t afford a diagnostic test, NO hospital will give it to you if you have ZERO money. They may be willing to negotiate from their normal rates, but unless you need an emergency X-ray to save your life from a gun-shot wound, theres no way you’re getting a free procedure.

If you can’t afford medicine, YOU CANT GET IT. Sorry. There are a heck of a lot of old people that choose to buy food over buying medicine, and even more young people (especially college age)

You said it best, “You are making stuff up”. You really are. Go talk to real life people.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

NakiaGladden 08/13/2009 11:26am

Well, obviously you are not a college student because you can’t even spell college. Regardless of whether or not someone was able to see a doctor, I believe that the problem is when you get home and a $5000 – $10000 bill is waiting in the mail for you; even when you have insurance because the insurance company found a way around your claim. That is what the problem is.

abaratar 08/13/2009 11:16pm

Maybe I can’t spell but at let I can read.
    I asked

you replied
    “I believe that the problem is when you get home and a $5000 – $10000 bill is waiting in the mail for you;”

NakiaGladden 08/14/2009 6:33am

“Maybe I can’t spell but at let I can read.” Spell check is useful.

Second, you must be a fox news viewer because you really just edited what I said. So, let me scroll up and copy and paste what I said: “Regardless of whether or not someone was able to see a doctor, I believe that the problem is when you get home and a $5000 – $10000 bill is waiting in the mail for you”

If you read the very first part of the sentence, that would put everything in to context.

Third, if you would really like an example of someone being refused care, check this out http://sickforprofit.com/stories/

dsw713 08/14/2009 6:41am

Good point. How many of our ills are behavior-based. We like to overindulge in everything we do. Cancer and Type I diabetes, no, but obesity, cirhosis, heart problems, many of which are our own doing. Start being accountable and responsibility for YOUR own and your kids health and watch health bills drop.

abaratar 08/14/2009 8:34am

you make no since, I said “Please site one example of any American not being able to see a doctor or get medicine”
    you said

therefore your statement agreed with the premise that that no one is denied doctors or health care. You simply changed the argument and made fun of me. Its to bad windows doesn’t have stup check.

to your sickforproffit website none of those stories are documented or verifiable the people don’t even have last names, if any of that were true the news agencies and any of the other organisations pushing this bill would have those people on every talk show and on the front page of every newspaper in the country.
    Again Please site one example of any American not being able to see a doctor or get medicine.

abaratar 08/14/2009 8:35am
    • Its to bad windows doesn’t have stupid check.
    sisyphus 08/14/2009 8:08pm

Yes is it is too bad because we wouldn’t have to read your drivel.

abaratar 08/14/2009 9:15pm

oh come on another new name1 you have had this one for 2 hours, why do you get a new screen name every day?

lxtkn1989 08/14/2009 8:45pm

Okay, so Americans might be able to get into the door, it’s when that health problem you ignored for years because you couldn’t afford to go turns into something that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the hospital hands your bills over to a collections agency which garnishes your wages for 50% of gross pay that you have a problem.

The number one cause of bankruptcy in the US is healthcare bills.

The system is broken.

abaratar 08/14/2009 9:19pm

I agree with you 100% we need to do something about the cost of medical care.

cdrq97 09/29/2009 9:15am

Listen, this is America. Land of opportunity, right? If you are unhappy with your situation, YOU have the power to change it! It is up to the individual to exploit his or her own talents to succeed. If you don’t like your benefits, enhance your skill set through hard work and sacrifice and get a better job with better benefits. It is that simple. Stop giving people the will to be mediocre. Teach a man to fish…remember that? So, stop whining, look around you and fix your own situation YOURSELF!!!!!

bhumphreys52 09/25/2009 12:11pm

You really don’t think people are denied health care by insurance companies? It is not about seeing a doctor it is about the insurance company’s pre authorizations that keep people from the care they need. If you think no one gets denied ask your insurance company for permission to get a bone marrow transplant and see what happens, that’s your proof. Insurance companies are a business and they look at their bottom line not at whether you need the operation. That, my friend, is a no brainer.

abaratar 08/14/2009 8:57am
    Nakia, not only can none of the stories in the sickforprofit site be verified, none of the people can be verified to exist and the owner of the site can not be verified, the domain name is owned by a proxy domain company IE the people that set up the site can not even be verified they claim to be connected to Brave New Films but if so why would they hide who owns the site? Oh and they are asking for donations and they are not a non-profit. I am sure a good speller like you would be to smart to fall for a scam like that and send them money. Please You are obviously smart because you are a good speller, please use your good speller skills to find proof of anyone that has been denied doctors or medicine in the US.
    NakiaGladden 08/14/2009 10:02am

WHAT!!!!!!!! How about you go on http://bravenewfilms.org/ They have a link on their site to sick for profit. Don’t you think that you should have checked that out first? I work for a nonprofit in the public policy and governmental affairs department. Our entire income is through donations, grants, and membership. What are you talking about? See, it is people like you who can’t spell and can’t fact check that think people should take your advice when it comes to what is best for this country. This is laughable at best.

Oh, and I don’t know if you watch the news (other than fox) but Robert Greenwald has been on MSNBC and CNN talking about Sick for Profit. You can probably YouTube that. Your a joke.

abaratar 08/14/2009 11:35am

I Checked, just baiting to see if you considered Brave New Films to be a valid source for information:)

That would also mean that you believe as Brave new films does that the Moon landing was faked, bush orchestrated 9-11

This is the best part you just admitted that you are being paid to disrupt this board and that your opinion is based on where your paycheck comes from.
    “I work for a nonprofit in the public policy and governmental affairs department.”

you are a paid astrotuffing troll that
    Can’t
    Understand
    Normal
    Thinking.

MamaMcGreevy 09/19/2009 6:21pm

Not to nitpick, Nakia, but if you are going to harass someone for spelling errors, you should make note of the fact that spell checker doesn’t correct you when you use the posessive “your” to mean “you are” in stead of using “you’re”.

Your parting shot should have read: “You’re a joke.”