H.R.3200 - America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009

America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 view all titles (5)

• Official: America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 as reported to house.

Displaying 2011-2040 of 2046 total comments.

bhumphreys52 09/25/2009 12:54pm
in reply to mqpoppell Aug 14, 2009 1:58pm

I am sorry, but your logic escapes anything that resembles normal. The cost of health care is rising at an incredible rate. The US will spend 33 trillion with a T in the next ten years on health care if we do nothing. Health care reform is the only way those costs can be controlled. We already provide health care to everyone; it just isn’t good health care. None of your freedoms will be lost that is a red herring. In fact you may gain some freedoms. The freedom of knowing if you get sick you will not lose everything you have worked for. You will be free to change jobs without losing you health insurance. So tell me specifically what programs run against what principles? Wait have you been listening to Mr. Beck? If you have I urge you to seek reality and try not to see a conspiracy around every corner.

bgrossen 07/18/2009 5:56am

The World Health Organization eradicated smallpox by 1977. Not Wyeth. Wyeth had to stop making Dryax after smallpox was eradicated. No more business. Which would be better for a business: a flu vaccine that eradicates the flu, or a flu shot every year?

JosephNobles 09/11/2009 2:08pm
in reply to oderintdummetuant Sep 11, 2009 11:18am

If you think requiring you to have health insurance is a violation of your rights (how you figure that, I wouldn’t begin to guess), then this piece of legislation will violate what you perceive to be your rights.

But if the state can demonstrate a need to violate your rights for the bettering of society, then your rights get violated. And getting the cost of health care under control in this country is a pretty darn good reason, in my opinion. If you don’t like it, you’re welcome to leave, but good luck finding a country that won’t “violate your rights” worth living in.

Bredman 08/12/2009 6:39am
in reply to milwife Jul 27, 2009 4:01pm

I believe that has been replaced under the former administration with; “FOR THE CORPORATION BY THE COPORATION, WE HEREBY GRANT THESE RESTRICTIONS”

uba 08/18/2009 10:58pm

Somebody please shut up these ignorant Republicans who have run this country into the ground with their warmongering; the trillions of dollar spent in Iraq have put us so deep into the hole that it will take years to dig out. And they have the gall to get into power again? God helps us all.
These Republican nimcompoops had eight years to reform health insurance and didn’t do a damn thing but embarass our country before the eyes of the world.
If McCain had been elected – thank God he was not – we would already be in another war with North Korea or Iran.
Remember, the majority of the population voted Democratic, now it’s our turn!
Why don’t you face facts, the Republican party is dead!

bhumphreys52 09/25/2009 1:19pm

This debate on health care reform has been going on for over 63 years. Everyone knows that something needs to be done, but yet every year it gets delayed. Politicians use it as a wedge issue for reelection. Those insurance companies fear losing their ability to make money actively fight against change. Pundits and those who want to profit on book sales, find ratings and book sales go up when they create controversy. Health care for my family is not a business and I don’t want someone making decisions about whether or not I get needed care for my family based on the bottom line for share holders of an Insurance company so I support government health care. That said I am one voice and I understand that others may have their own ideas how to make the system work better. As long as we have the same goal in mind “Make The Health Care System in America Better” then we can make a positive change. If we get caught up in the bull sh*t we all suffer the loss.

JosephNobles 09/11/2009 6:24pm
in reply to oderintdummetuant Sep 11, 2009 2:45pm

I expect you curse lines on the road as they limit your individual freedom as well.

tschleder 07/18/2009 10:34am

“We the people” need universal access to health care as a basic human right, now, just like every other modern country manages to do better, at less cost.

This bill should be strengthened by eliminating health insurance companies because they obstruct our affordable health care coverage access and bloat our unsustainable “free-market” system that fails us all.

If Repubs want to stand in the way of this watered down compromise bill for containing costs and trying to do what’s right, go right ahead. And good luck on your political future!

bhumphreys52 09/25/2009 11:24am
in reply to Su100TD Sep 18, 2009 12:06pm

If you look you would see that the government is by the people and for the people. The issue is whether our health should be a business. What is the role of the insurance company? It is to take money from you and give it to the doctors. I for one don’t want someone to be required to choose between good business and the needed operation that would save someone’s life. This happens all the time and friends and loved ones can die if it is not a good business decision to save them. This is why insurance companies have a high overhead. A government option will simply brings down the overall insurance industry overhead. The US Government is more than capable and because it is our government it will look out for all Americans not just a few share holders.

bhumphreys52 09/18/2009 10:44am
in reply to myboysmom Sep 18, 2009 6:45am

I find it foolish that anyone would think that we are rushing health care reform. We have been debating this since 1946 it is time to get it done. No one who has look at health care in american can honestly say that the system is good. The system simply sucks and everyone knows it. Over 70% of the doctors in this country support some kind of health care reform. That statistic should tell you something about our health care system. I applaud the President for pushing the congress to get something done. So if you think that your rights are violated because you would need to have health care and be forced to pay a reasonable fee then my rights would be violated if you don’t have health insurance and I end up paying for your emergency care. Health care is not a business it is something that as a nation we should always strive to improve. So quit complaining about the time frame and start discussing what needs to be done.

bhumphreys52 09/25/2009 10:43am
in reply to oderintdummetuant Sep 21, 2009 7:35am

I see you know how to use spell check (thanks). If by chance you looked at the content instead of the spelling maybe you, well I’m sure you got my drift. I would agree education is the key to understanding and after over ten years of education and a 29 year career I am what most would refer to as educated, but if spelling conspiracy is indeed the bar by which someone is measured we are truly in a sad state. I will, however not only cast the stone I will insist that if you are to talk about interpreting the Constitution you better get educated on the history by which it was created, don’t you think?

bhumphreys52 09/18/2009 10:19am
in reply to gardenflowergirl Sep 17, 2009 8:07am

Conspericy around every corner? Pull your head out, even pro choice is aginst abortion. No one is looking to kill babies unless you have an ill child and no insurance. Maybe if you think really hard you can find a reason to educate yourself with fact instead of fiction.

ljbpshoo 07/22/2009 7:17am

THIS SITE IS NO GOOD I MADE COMMENT AND IT WAS NOT POSTED GUESS THE TRUTH HURTS I WAS DIRECTED TO MAIL YOU