H.R.3404 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009

To amend the Assistance for Unemployed Workers and Struggling Families Act and the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary extension of certain unemployment benefits and the temporary availability of further additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)

• Official: To amend the Assistance for Unemployed Workers and Struggling Families Act and the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary extension of certain unemployment benefits and the temporary availability of further additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.

Patriots 08/27/2009 3:06pm

Maybe old Georgie boy is getting bored in retirement. We know how much he helped us :)

• woznyclan 08/27/2009 3:01pm

“the real unemployment rate today goes all the way up to 20.6 percent by his calculations. "

• OTT 08/27/2009 3:40pm

My friends. please do not fight. Love each other ,, and listen for the tapping

• Moderated Comment

Anonymous 08/27/2009 3:59pm

LOL!

Patriots 08/27/2009 4:04pm

You forgot “is” in that one.

Serendipity 08/27/2009 8:01pm

Were you raised by vermin?
    Show some respect for a Veteran.

JohnB 08/27/2009 8:35pm

Serendipity: Just because someone is a veteran, it doesn’t mean they automaticaly get respect.

Serendipity 08/27/2009 10:01pm

You don’t know the meaning of respect.

JohnB 08/28/2009 4:12am

The way you talk to people on here, you don’t deserve any respect. If you’re a veteran you dishonor the service with your attitude.

• Patriots 08/27/2009 4:00pm

Play some more of your names wile you are at it.

• spencir 08/27/2009 4:07pm

my EB Extension runs out before 45 days and iam stell i cant find any JOB and no bady care and the congress they know there some pepole they cant find ajob ’

we need stay strong

GonzoFL 08/27/2009 4:45pm

Spencir: I just gotta ask. I have seen your posts here and on other sites. Some of your posts are intelligent and have near perfect punctuation and grammar…others are well…..let’s say “strange”. What gives? I believe you may have been asked the same question before,but I never saw you answer it.

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

Patriots 08/27/2009 4:14pm

Now you are off topic.

• Moderated Comment

VLeichsenring 08/27/2009 4:30pm

Wow, Patriots you seem a little frustrated with yourself? Your paranoia sycophantic tendencies are showing. I will give you some alone time with yourselves.

Patriots 08/27/2009 4:32pm

Bye bye buckweat.

Patriots 08/27/2009 4:35pm

oops, I meant buckweats. My S key still works.

Patriots 08/27/2009 4:38pm

And you are supposed to use a question mark after a question. Why do you always use them like a period ?

Patriots 08/27/2009 4:45pm

Hmm, did I just disprove a sycophantic tendency with that question mark ?

• Patriots 08/27/2009 4:20pm

Jobs: Lessons from the Great Recession
    Those who still have jobs should get used to pay cuts, furloughs, and all-around uncertainty. Welcome to the age of the microentrepreneur

• Patriots 08/27/2009 4:28pm

“In the Tank Forever”: U.S. Consumers, Retailers in a “Death Spiral,” Davidowitz Says

• JennyB 08/27/2009 4:53pm

Well judging by the last two days “hostile undertones” which I have missed entirely, I didn’t know whether to post this or not. All our stress levels are at boiling point as some of us have run out of help and the remainder of us will in just a few weeks.
    But if I can’t share this with the people I have listened to, read posts by, shared frustrations and anxiety with, then I may as well fart in the wind.

;) I may just do that anyway!!

Finally, after 20 months of being unemployed, rejected and plain ignored by Employers in my area (Even tried to move away and came back very quickly, because rather the devil you know than the one you don’t!(over 55 and female ) I have FINALLY found a job.

And it was not through the positions that appear on our Monster, Indeed, Career Builders, etc….sites.

I know the only way I landed this one was through sheer persistence and networking. Calling everyone I have known in the past, and bugging the S@it out of everyone I know

Patriots 08/27/2009 5:01pm

Congrats!!!!!! I really am glad to hear one of us found a job. Sorry about the “hostile” stuff. I tend to defend myself.

I wish you the best.

Marcy 08/27/2009 6:00pm

I am finding the phrase “the best defense is a good offense” fits there. lol

nancym 08/28/2009 5:48am

JennyB! Congratulations! FINALLY someone here found a job (that we know about—I hope there might have been others), and in Florida after all, proving it’s not an impossible feat!

(Just curious, any chance you got your pets back? I always felt sad about that, since I’m very attached to my own little crew here.)

As for networking and trying any possible avenue to find work, it only makes common sense. With it being a pure numbers game at this point, winning the lottery is almost more likely than getting a job through the usual stacked up piles of applications. At least the lottery gives everyone even odds.

nancym 08/28/2009 5:48am

Even the little bits of freelance worked I’ve managed to get that enabled me to stretch out my benefits have come through friends of friends or former associates of some kind.

Someone posted an article here recently that had some helpful advice about networking, especially taking advantage of the online social networking possibilities; I’ll re-post later if I can find it again.

But even phone networking, ANY kind of networking, appears to be the only avenue where there’s much hope of being one of the lucky percentage of the working population.

Thanks for updating us and good luck with the new life!

dispaced2007 08/28/2009 8:19am

To JennyB – Congrats on landing a job!