H.R.3404 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009

To amend the Assistance for Unemployed Workers and Struggling Families Act and the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary extension of certain unemployment benefits and the temporary availability of further additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)

• Official: To amend the Assistance for Unemployed Workers and Struggling Families Act and the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary extension of certain unemployment benefits and the temporary availability of further additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.

• jgallop 09/07/2009 1:38pm

• need2knowinOHIO 09/07/2009 2:28pm

so, congress is back to work tomorrow…wonder if UE will be discussed at all tomorrow or put on the calendar for a later date. Guess we’ll just have to sit tight.

• jjfinect 09/07/2009 2:37pm

JohnJ from Connecticut, I didn’t have use of a computer for a little while because I was forced out of my house. Now that I am at a friends I do have access again. I am a 37 year old highly educated individual with a steller corporate background from companies in Fairfield County and I can’t even get an interview. I interview well, too, so it is even more of a shame. Anyway, now that many of us in CT have run out of benefits they are going to have to do something. Don’t you think? I mean even though Governor Rell sucks we are a blue state and they tend to help the unemployed. I don’t think CT has seen a job market like this since the Great Depression. At least that is what I am told by my elders.

Jen

• spencir 09/07/2009 2:59pm

wonder if UE will be discussed at all tomorrow or put on the calendar for a later date. Guess we’ll just have to sit tight.????

• GonzoFL 09/07/2009 3:16pm

SPENCIR: Take Note.
    need2knowinOHIO Sep 07, 2009 6:28pm
    Overall Rating: 5.0  |

spencir Sep 07, 2009 6:59pm
    Overall Rating: 5.0  |

spencir:
    Are you just pissing around on here? Copy and pasting,writing incoherent rants. What’s up with that? If your just screwing around do it elsewhere. We are dealing with serious issues here and don’t have the time, energy,or tolerance for BS……or trolls.

• johnj2010 09/07/2009 3:48pm

Jen

Its good to hear from you!!! I’m really not getting my hopes up for the 7 weeks of EB, They changed the rate on us 3x last month & all governor Rell is only worried about the casino’s.

I hope Congress extends benefits for all states.

Here is a good read from msnbc

With one job for every six searchers, mood of the jobless grows grim

• spencir 09/07/2009 3:54pm

OK IWAS MEAN if the congress extends benefits for all states

when they wil start give the money ?? after december? or when coz i hear they will giwv the money after or in december

unemployed2007 09/07/2009 4:04pm

Spencir,

None of us know for certain when this bill will pass and when it will be discussed. As stated above, we will have to wait and see. Or try calling their offices tomorrow. I will be tuning into C-span(unfortunately) this week. I do not think this will be delayed like 6867. Unemployment is double in many areas from last year- it’s far worse. The number dropping off of Unemployment is very high in September alone. We have NELP pushing hard for us and almost every day in the Michigan papers, it has been brought up. All we can do is sit tight…see what tomorrow/this week brings.

Anonymous 09/07/2009 5:34pm

rather than sitting tight, you could be calling Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, the White House and yoru senators and representatives and asking them to move this bill through immediately. all of the contact number are online.

need2knowinOHIO 09/07/2009 5:56pm

yeah, been there, done that…everyday for like the last month.
    douche.

unemployed2007 09/08/2009 2:08am

I’ve been doing that. Sent a zillion emails and called.

• me2unemployed 09/07/2009 4:10pm

This is another stupid statistic: How in the world they come up with these numbers?

A growing number of people have grown so frustrated that they’ve stopped looking for work. The number of such “discouraged workers” totaled 758,000 in August — nearly twice as many as a year ago. Because they’ve abandoned their job searches, they aren’t included in the government’s count of the 14.9 million people who are unemployed.

• spencir 09/07/2009 5:01pm

Thanks for the answer but Belive me my EB RUNS OUT 2 MONTHS ago and idont have anythng with me in the house and ilose my car and iam going too lose my home soon

iwas think if if the congress extends benefits ,, when they will start give the money … and think with me if me and too many pepole thim eb runs out 2 moths ago .. how we can wait anther 2 or 3 months with out money

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• need2knowinOHIO 09/07/2009 6:08pm

off topic, I know…but I think everyone in here needs a good laugh.

• spencir 09/07/2009 6:52pm

yes we need laugh :)) and iam soory my friends if i was crazy some times

انا اسف that mean iam soory in my language

• spencir 09/07/2009 6:53pm

اتمنى انكم لا تزعلون منى وانا اشكركم على مساعدنكم لى

this mean please no one mad from me and thank you for ur heelp my friends

• me2unemployed 09/07/2009 7:26pm

Watch out for Republican resistance on the extensions

abaratar 09/07/2009 10:10pm

Unemployed workers ‘’need our assistance in these difficult times, and we cannot let them down,’’

‘’I have shared these concerns with the leaders of the House and the Senate, and they understand the need for early action,’’ he said. ‘’When our legislators return to the Capitol, I ask them to make the extension of unemployment benefits a first order of business. And the benefits they approve should be retroactive, so that people who lose their benefits this month will be paid in full.’’

Obama did not say that a republican did!!!!! http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/15/us/bush-calls-for-an-extension-of-unemployment-benefits.html

Why won’t Obama do something like that? Please defend him! If 6.5%was high enough for “Hitler” to call for extending unemployment benefits for everyone one why is 9.7% not high enough for Obama?

ronaand 09/08/2009 4:59am

last time i checked the dems had a veto proof majority in both the house and the senate – repubs can resist all they want, passing this bill is in the hands of the democrats
    health care is in trouble because of possible democratic non-support in the senate
    obama is losing the people on the economy and the escalating war in Afghanistan – lost his political capital

Serendipity 09/08/2009 6:08am

I expect it.

• HopefromCA 09/07/2009 8:20pm

me2unemployed,
    I feel that if they are taking care of the state employees instead of laying them off and bailing out the banks with our taxpayers money then they should give us another extension. If they don’t I think you will see that you are going to have a lot of angry people out there with nothing to lose. Some would say that this could be a national security problem (my opinion only).

• jelee 09/08/2009 3:33am

I wonder if they count unemployed drawing benefits as beleaguered consumers?
    since I can’t find a job, and the benefits run out! I have definitely notice
    it depress’es the hell out of my spending, or can this be read differently
    its the unemployed spending thoses benefits to keep the economy afloat and the wells running dry? if its about the employed, and if I could get a job,I’ll show how to earn it and spend the hell out of it !

The Labor Department reported last week that the unemployment rate jumped almost a half point to 9.7 percent in August, the highest since 1983. The concern is that rising unemployment will put more pressure on beleaguered consumers and further depress their spending.

• BrokeInOhio 09/08/2009 4:25am

I have noticed that the Goodwill store in my area is alot more busy than it use to be. They run a few days a month were everything is 1/2 off. You can get some great deals on home items as well as cloths. You have to really look though the stuff, but it is worth it.

• spencir 09/08/2009 4:52am