H.R.3548 - Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009

To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (6)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as passed senate.
  • Short: Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 as enacted.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as passed house.

Private 11/10/2010 3:50am

So, imam Owebama Bin Laden wants to give money and support to HIS brothers while flipping the bird to a Tier V? I lost my car, my credit, my savings and am barely holding onto this house. Nice.

kilrizzy 08/27/2010 11:24am
in reply to jgallop Nov 11, 2009 5:16am

ATHEISM==The understanding that everything in the known universe develops through natural processes over very long periods of time and using overwhelming accounts of evidence to prove this claim rather than believing a magical man in the sky said poof and made everything.

“Magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into itself-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs”…you were home-schooled weren’t you?

That 06/24/2010 12:32pm

Now that pretty much all of us have been thrown under the bus, Maybe its time to go to the local bailout bank and make a withdrawal so we can feed our kids.

mek8630 06/19/2010 12:00am

Have some of you even read this bill? It is saying that not everyone is going to get the extensions when everyone is needing them. I am not for a bill that excludes others that need the money just as bad as I or you do. Seriously people we need to quit letting them tell us what they are GOING to do and start TELLING THEM what they are gonna do. It’s not our fault we are in this mess and if anything it’s THEIR fault and for them to sit back in the comfort of their homes NOT worrying about any of this is ridiculous. I don’t understand why we have lost touch with our roots and let them walk all over us for anyways. This government is “for the people, by the people” so quit forgetting that and start sticking together and TELLING them what they are going to do. Just remember they don’t care because its not them that are losing their homes and not being able to buy food and take care of their families. So the day they let us go without and our families start to starve THAT’S when we’ll see.

Illinois101 05/10/2010 3:56am

To everyone who is fighting for additional weeks/Tier 5, please call Congress today and ask if they will be adding additional weeks to HR 4213 (the bill that extends the filing dates until the end of the year).

bobbyv2 05/06/2010 11:06am

Hi, since it is very apparent that the long-term unemployed are being ignored due fear of doing the wrong thing coming up to the November elections, something needs to be done. We have a lot going on in the world; Greece, Haiti, the oil spill, all of which our government is willing to dole out money while ignoring our own people. There was an SF Federal Reserve study that disproved drastically the idea that long term benefits take away the incentive to work. Something like .4 percent difference in the unemployed. You guys probably already know about that. I, and many others feel very let down and are tired of hearing the excuses. What to do? Myself and many others coming up to November, may vote Republican. If the Democrats are worried about the elections, might as well give them something real to worry about. If we are not supported, why give our support…

jgallop 04/26/2010 4:48am

Spam Comment

Beantownsassy 04/19/2010 7:56am

Join this forum!

Private 04/16/2010 4:53am

What I would have needed like many others, is a Tier V which this bill doesn’t have.

Private 04/16/2010 4:49am

Chancemoney: From what I read and understand is that the recent legislature extends the filing deadline, not restoring benefits for those that have exhausted them. “The measure restores federal unemployment benefits to more than 200,000 jobless Americans who started losing them on April 5 after lawmakers let that deadline pass.”

dlh 04/16/2010 3:24am

Don’t know if this will help us 99er’s, but couldn’t hurt. It’s probably been posted here before but just in case it was missed by some.

chancemoney28 04/15/2010 11:42pm
in reply to Private Apr 04, 2010 9:24am

Approved further ext. till June 2nd 2010

Private 04/04/2010 9:24am

So, no new info until after their recess?

yoda56 03/31/2010 7:28pm

Computer glitch. Resend:

46,000 New Yorkers To Lose Unemployment Insurance
State Department Of Labor: ‘This Is Unprecedented’ – March 31, 2010

The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services says an estimated 17,000 Ohioans will have exhausted all possible weeks of benefits by the end of March.

Over 60,000 will have exhausted their 99 weeks in only 2 states. Imagine how many others there are across the country. Hundreds upon hundreds of thousands.

yoda56 03/31/2010 7:27pm

46,000 New Yorkers To Lose Unemployment Insurance
State Department Of Labor: ‘This Is Unprecedented’ – March 31, 2010

46 46,000 NYers are losing unemployment
46,000 NYers are about expected to exhaust 99 weeks of benefits this week.
State Department Of Labor: ‘This Is Unprecedented’ – March 31, 2010

Abaraatarrr 03/30/2010 7:54pm

but the kids should be done with school by then(unless one really does become a lawyer) at that point i say good by to the working world and then live in voluntary poverty. this last couple years has really changed my out look on life, when I bought the land I planned on building a vacation home, boy times have changed. I just need one more good job to get the kids through school, after that me and the Mrs are moving into an old trailer on land were we were going to build a vacation house, taxes will be lower in a trailer. Our house in town was foreclosed on in October I will never get another mortgage, we will rent in town till college is paid for then stop contributing to society. i only need one more job BUT I SUCK SO I PROBABLY WON’T GET IT ANYWAYS I BELONG IN A TRAILER, BECAUSE I AM TRASH

Private 03/26/2010 7:19pm

%$#@! Haiti, we need to clean up OUR backyard, not the neighbor’s yard 5 houses down. This reaffirms why I did NOT vote for obama, why I will NOT vote for him in 2012.

sassysally50 03/26/2010 2:00pm

Unemployment Line Stays Long: Up to 26.4 Million Seek Full-Time Jobs

Unemployment is expected to remain above 9% for at least the next two years, according to Christopher Woock, research associate for The Conference Board, and other economists.

Can any one say “DEPRESSION”

sassysally50 03/24/2010 11:28pm

Wed Mar 24..
Obama seeks $2.8 billion for earthquake-ravaged Haiti

Wed Mar 24.. WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $2.8 billion in aid for earthquake-wracked Haiti ..

Google: Obama seeks $2.8 billion for earthquake-ravaged Haiti – Yahoo! News

But no aid for a Tier 5 :(

Spam Comment

MartyB2001 03/24/2010 4:17pm
in reply to sassysally50 Mar 19, 2010 4:55am

Yeah, quote Ben Franklin, quote Thomas Jefferson, quote your ass, you bunch of fucking morons. There is no Republican who is ever going to give a shit about your fucking unemployment. You are all ass backwards. OHHHHHHHH must protect the unborn fetus… oh the unborn fetus, omg, ……then when that fetus grows up and is sitting on a sidewalk afflicted with parkinsons then the neocon spits on him or sends him to a senseless war to have his limbs blown off and his eyes blown out and for what to put money back into the pockets of the super rich Republicans who have this country all tied up…They sucked this country dry and they eradicated the middle class and they hung us out to dry and the first President who comes along and has your sorry ass interests at heart and you spit on him and you continue to support the very people the very ones who despise you…..you are all pathetic assholes…

sassysally50 03/24/2010 10:03am

And that was for any job ..Geez ..

sassysally50 03/24/2010 10:02am

with 15% unemployment in my area, why did I expect more..

Search+for+a+job, 44004, Ashtabula,…

Sorry…we couldn’t find any jobs that match your criteria at the moment.

NoGoodOnesLeft 03/22/2010 11:08am
in reply to richc Mar 21, 2010 2:35pm

It uses the dreaded “99ers” phrase but overall it is a good letter. There is an option to not have your name displayed when you sign it.

maggie23 03/22/2010 10:11am

Nopizza4U: I know I have to get some kind of retraining, or I will never get another job. I am just don’t know how I can concentrate on studies etc. when I don’t know how I am going to eat! I went to that site, but they weren’t excepting any new members at that time. I am going to try again today. I read on there that someone said now that the Rep. are mad over the healthcare bill, that they will never get them to agree to a tier V extension. Great, once again, they get into a p—— contest and we pay for it. I am sure they are all secure about the election, they have it all figured out, none of us will have gas money, or bus money to get to the polls, so we are the least of their worries…

USCITIZEN10 03/21/2010 6:12pm
in reply to NYER566 Mar 17, 2010 11:50am

I’M KIND OF CONFUSED, DO YOU THINK THAT A LONG-TERM UNEMPLOYED LIKE ME WICH THE 4 TIER WILL ENDUP ON 4/1/10 WILL NOT GET ANOTHER TIER?

richc 03/21/2010 2:35pm
in reply to Nopizza4U Mar 21, 2010 2:18pm

there is also a site to sign a petition it is http://www.change.org/actions just create an account and look for ( The 99ers need a Tier V added to Unemployment Benefits ) not sure what page it will be on,,,but I would reccomend everyone signing it,,,,,Thanks for your support.

Nopizza4U 03/21/2010 2:18pm

maggie23: Still here…today was my last week to file also. Good to see you are starting an online course, that’s a step in the right direction I think. So uncertain out there though. There’s another board that is keeping track of whether or not a Tier 5 may be on it’s way; it’s www.unemployed-friends.forumotion.com I’ve been checking that one out. They have a call in campaign to senators etc. Don’t lose heart yet. :-)

maggie23 03/21/2010 9:47am

Nopizza4u: Don’t know if your still on here or not, but here we go again huh? Just filed for my last check, still no jobs in site of course. I am starting school on the 29th online. Feel good about that part, but of course, no money coming in, so not sure what my mind is going to be capable of focusing on. Oh well, we’ll see, its a step anyhow right?

2096 in favor / 373 opposed